You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kongman

they need to boot some people out of closed beta

91 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

sitting at the back of the map isnt testing a ship , neither is playing dd all the time torp spamming . 

p.s when you get in a fight with another ship , dont run away .

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

To test the game there is a need for all parts of the maps explored and all possible strategies investigated. Remember at this stage you are really not playing to win, but playing to find flaws.

The higher tiers do seem to be horrid camp fests, and, hopefully this information will inform WG what needs to be improved to make the game more dynamic.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Whats wrong with running away?

its more to do with not helping the rest of the team , so many player see 1 ship they run the other way . so many cowards.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

To test the game there is a need for all parts of the maps explored and all possible strategies investigated. Remember at this stage you are really not playing to win, but playing to find flaws.

The higher tiers do seem to be horrid camp fests, and, hopefully this information will inform WG what needs to be improved to make the game more dynamic.

camping at the back of the map or hiding behind islands all game is not testing , its just wasting space to which a lot of other good players missed out on .

[DOSH]
Beta Tester
133 posts
212 battles

Last couple of days I've been seeing a lot more AFK ships and ships that just full speed to the back of the map or get stuck on an island and sit there until they die. One of the last games I played last night I think there where 3 other people on my team that didn't just head in the opposite direction to the objectives, turned out to be quite the quick game when the enemy capped in no time.

There is no point to AFK in this game currently, I mean everything is going to be wiped clean sooner rather than later. Unless they are gunning to just get battle up to get the CBT ship, they should be kicked out if this is the case.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

eventually, I'll get reported by BB players for team killing (for spamming torps on their position)

I tend to "misfire" my torps at them if they keep on hiding.. :/

If you see AFK's, screen shot, and send to a Mod for action

but what about players who are actually playing and got disconnected mid game and can't return in-game, just like what happened to me.. I was in a middle of a fire fight with several ships when I got booted out of the game, and when I came back (luckily) my ship HP was down to half

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

camping at the back of the map or hiding behind islands all game is not testing , its just wasting space to which a lot of other good players missed out on .

I totally agree, but at this stage I want WG fully aware that camping does and will happen, so they can implement changes to seriously discourage it. It would suck if we get to release with the game tested by just the competent and find out it plays differently when available to everyone. Now is the time for WG to realize camping is a problem and assuming they are paying attention then they can certainly do something about it. So camp harder now!

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

The BBs on tier 5-10 have a range of 20km+ why would they sail to the middle of the map? Hell I'd like the BBs lemming boat while the CL, CA and DDs flanks or hunt down their CV.

Edited by Saito_Himea

Beta Tester
65 posts
397 battles

The BBs on tier 5-10 have a range of 20km+ why would they sail to the middle of the map? Hell I'd like the BBs lemming boat while the CL, CA and DDs flanks or hunt down their CV.

The main problem here is most of the BB players I've come across play it like its a heavy tank in WoT. They're trying to peekaboo behind islands. I've seen several players do this and you cant help but just facepalm. 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

The main problem here is most of the BB players I've come across play it like its a heavy tank in WoT. They're trying to peekaboo behind islands. I've seen several players do this and you cant help but just facepalm. 

I've seen cruisers try to do this >_>

Beta Tester
65 posts
397 battles

I've seen cruisers try to do this >_>

Its bad that BBs do this... even worse whan a CL tries doing it. 

Cap'n permiss'n to torpedo d' hell outta scum!

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

As a BB, I ain't going down a flank if the CA or other BB is not going to support me and make me a free frag for torpedo bombers. So you can't always blame the BB, blame the team.

Beta Tester
65 posts
397 battles

As a BB, I ain't going down a flank if the CA or other BB is not going to support me and make me a free frag for torpedo bombers. So you can't always blame the BB, blame the team.

I play BBs (note my Kirishima sig/avatar) as well. What we're pointing out here are those BB players who don't think ahead on what they're gonna do and just go with whatever. Most often with my frustration, I end up defending one side because the rest decided to camp the other flank thinking that its the only way around...

But I digress... It's closed beta.... lets hope things get better when open/commercial release hits... (yeah right dream on.)

Edited by Xiee

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

There is a big difference between trying to get into a position where you can fire your guns versus the rampant hiding behind an island and waiting for the battle to finish that I think we all have seen. It's more noticeable when a BB does it because of the loss to the team in terms of firepower and hitpoints is significant.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Meanwhile I sail around alone with my Kongou on one flank, with the entire rest of my team on the other.

One example out of many:

Fighting a Kongou, Miyogi, Kuma and torpedo bombers.

End result:

• Myogi & Kuma destroyed
  • Kongou turned around and ran after getting shot down to 50%
  • Me at 70% hitpoints (mostly due to torpedo and BB hits, Kuma was sunk before in torpedo range)
  • All my teammates dead or below 20% hitpoints

... ...

I'm either a 1337 captain, or I'm doing something right while a lot of people are not...