Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unraveler

Is Asashio The Testbed For New Shimakaze Torpedoes?

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,170 posts
7,678 battles

CSY75b7.jpg

The Devs have mentioned a few times that they're not happy with the current 20km torpedoes on Shimakaze. A sentiment probably shared by most Shimakaze players, too. Originally, though, these torpedoes were much better - stealthier - and caused many problems for gameplay (the infamous Torpedo Soup days), resulting in their subsequent nerfing. I suspect that they were intended all along as a super anti-Battleship weapon and the problem wasn't their effectiveness in that role, but that they were also incredibly lethal to Cruisers and Destroyers.

Enter Asashio: 20 kilometre, 67-knot torpedoes with low detectability. Those stats sound familiar, don't they? Now that the Destroyer and Cruiser lethality issue is resolved (Deep Water) is it likely that these torps will replace the current 20km ones in Shimakaze's loadout options?

Due to the Asashio's TRB, the Shimakaze salvo size wouldn't be anything special. A similar situation already exists with TRB Yuugumo and her shared loadout options with Shimakaze. Even so, 15 sneaky torps every 100 seconds (or less with Adrenaline Rush) is a level of consistent regularity that the Asashio cannot replicate. I suppose it might just come down to how the playerbase reacts to these Asashio torpedoes.

So what do you think? Would you fit your Shimakaze with these torpedoes if they were made available?

229 posts
11,888 battles

Im kiting at 20 km everytime asashio is in the game. Not gonna hunt unless i know its torp is in cd and in favorable terms

534 posts

Shimakaze already not having a high chance to win a dd fight,if it changes its torpedoes to dw,she will just get wiped from the map easily in dd fight since its torps can't even shock enemy gunboats

Edited by Somedude_Yudachi

Beta Tester
1,170 posts
7,678 battles
5 hours ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Shimakaze already not having a high chance to win a dd fight,if it changes its torpedoes to dw,she will just get wiped from the map easily in dd fight since its torps can't even shock enemy gunboats

1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

Do you really want a Shimakaze to be such situational?

I don't have Shimakaze, so I can't comment. I imagine, though, it would work like a Tier 10 Asashio.

54 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

if it's optional fine

but if gonna replace entirely ....nope

I think that if this actually happens (replacing the current 20km torps with the deep-water version) they wouldn't remove the 12km and 8km options, since they work just fine already.

191 posts
10,691 battles

Last I heard WG also want to give Shimakaze TRB around the same time they're considering the 20km deepwater torps for Shimakaze

534 posts
On 2018/5/1 at 6:05 PM, Unraveler said:

I don't have Shimakaze, so I can't comment. I imagine, though, it would work like a Tier 10 Asashio.

Then it must be a RIP for Shimakaze if enemy has Khabarovsk/Z52

[KGHSF]
3,247 posts
6,175 battles
On 2/5/2561 at 5:09 PM, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Then it must be a RIP for Shimakaze if enemy has Khabarovsk/Z52

Grozovoi too it's has same style 

Sign in to follow this