Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
User_1145141919810

WOWS should be more recreational(i.e. Make more scenario,available to all Tiers)

28 comments in this topic

1,200 posts
10,607 battles

WOWS is too competitive:Most of the game mode is PVP,and Coop's BOT is too naive to have fun.Besides,gain little XP and credits.

What's the problem of being too competitive?

In competition,there will always be winner and loser.Winners are happy but losers are not.Sometimes people lose because their teammate players poorly.But for some new players,they inevitably play poorly and to be honest,WOWS failed to make good game guidance for new players(How to aim etc.)This makes both old and new players unhappy.

Scenario is a successful try.People cooperate together to have fun.Also the income is reasonable.I buy Premium Ship mostly for scenario.

For WG,introduce more scenario is also a good choice to make profit:

A lot of players play scenario to "Grind XP",because scenario has more stable income(in PVP sometimes you get only 500 base XP all because your teammate plays poorly,it is a huge waste of precious camo like "mosaic" obviously),so they need signal and camo,which promotes the sale of signal,camo,Premium ships etc.

It's better to make more scenario that available for more Tiers.Besides,make Narai back soon!

Edited by User_1145141919810

[BOTES]
Modder
449 posts
3,978 battles

None of the above are going to create more revenue for WG, so they are not going to happen.

1,397 posts
9,123 battles

I bought a lot of Tier 6 and 7 Premium ships mainly for use in Scenarios.

So if WG made more Scenarios for more tiers, that would entice me to buy more. 

Edited by Thyaliad

1,200 posts
10,607 battles
8 小時前,9mm1n 說:

None of the above are going to create more revenue for WG, so they are not going to happen.

I have different thought on this.

When Narai was available,many of my friends bought signal flags, Premium Ship(Scharnhorst,Atlanta)for Narai,just for Narai.

Also if this game only has PVP, then continuous lose will frustrate players and push them away from the game.

1,200 posts
10,607 battles
6 小時前,MatterCore 說:

Operation for T5 I am waiting for

since those dumbass complained about T5 in Scenarios and T5 lost the chance to play

I wait for T8,9 and 10

351 posts
6,109 battles
8 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

I bought a lot of Tier 6 and 7 ships mainly for use in Scenarios.

So if WG made more Scenarios for more tiers, that would entice me to buy more. 

WG should make a scenario which can only be played by Premium Ships. 

(I’m kidding... or am I?)

1,200 posts
10,607 battles
10 分鐘前,RalphTheTheatreCat 說:

Yet a considerable portion of WGs effort is invested in random/ranked/CW so they wont increase scenarios if it reduces players in those modes.

But why must make most of the people play PVP if PVE proved to create more profit?

1,200 posts
10,607 battles
27 分鐘前,Grygus_Triss 說:

WG should make a scenario which can only be played by Premium Ships. 

(I’m kidding... or am I?)

It is meaningless to limit ship to Premium:Less players obviously,and some tech-tree ship is actually great(Like Gneisenau)

But Premium Ship can train commanders and gain more credits obviously

Super Tester
3,932 posts
4,204 battles
26 minutes ago, User_1145141919810 said:

But why must make most of the people play PVP if PVE proved to create more profit?

Is there any evidence to suggest PVE is more profitable for them?  

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,327 posts

PvP is what makes this game profitable for WG.

They introduced scenarios and other modes to mix up the gameplay and keep players interested.

Anything that detracts from bringing in profit will probably not gain much traction, as since they are a business, they need to make money.

But, as OP mentioned, if this game was just PvP and did not have a Co-Op mode, I would not be here......

1,200 posts
10,607 battles
20 分鐘前,RalphTheTheatreCat 說:

Is there any evidence to suggest PVE is more profitable for them?  

Only WG has the detailed statistics(e.g The sale of Premium Ship/Account/Signal when Narai was active,the usage of Premium)

But from my observation:

1.Many of my friends bought Premium Ship for Scenario,so do I.

2.Many of my friends and I buy camo and signal for scenario because the income is much more stable than PVP, and it is safer to use +400% camo. 

1,200 posts
10,607 battles
2 分鐘前,LtDan_IceCream 說:

PvP is what makes this game profitable for WG.

They introduced scenarios and other modes to mix up the gameplay and keep players interested.

Anything that detracts from bringing in profit will probably not gain much traction, as since they are a business, they need to make money.

But, as OP mentioned, if this game was just PvP and did not have a Co-Op mode, I would not be here......

Since it is safer(the profit is stable) to use camo and signal in scenario,it will promote the sale of camo and signal obviously.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,327 posts
5 minutes ago, User_1145141919810 said:

Only WG has the detailed statistics(e.g The sale of Premium Ship/Account/Signal when Narai was active,the usage of Premium)

But from my observation:

2.Many of my friends and I buy camo and signal for scenario because the income is much more stable than PVP, and it is safer to use +400% camo. 

Does many of your friends mean that they equal in the thousands?

If not, Then you and your friends contribution to WG profit, is little more than a water droplet in the ocean.....

Edited by LtDan_IceCream

1,200 posts
10,607 battles
4 分鐘前,LtDan_IceCream 說:

Is many of your friends mean that they equal in the thousands?

If not, Then you and your friends contribution to WG profit, is little more than a water droplet in the ocean.....

Join 10 scenario and see the percentage of Premium Ship and the usage of camo is another way of investigation.

Also WG can investigate the average $/camo spent of PVE players.

Edited by User_1145141919810

Super Tester
3,932 posts
4,204 battles
6 minutes ago, User_1145141919810 said:

But from my observation:

Many people buys prems, not just for scenarios.  There are 79 prems in game 48 aren't suitable for scenarios

Camos/flags etc are beneficial in all modes.  Virtually mandatory in modes such as CW and ranked.

I agree its a much more profitable game mode than PVE but it is not more profitable that PvP andthat where the majority of players are.

[AUSDF]
10 posts
11,274 battles

Just 1 quick note, Wargaming is a business and they want to maximize profits and PVP ie: random/ranked makes them so much money, then why have they shot themselves in the foot this rank season and limited their market to only tier X players from rank 10 onward; i mean it's not like you can make rank 10 and go i want to keep playing so i think i'll go buy a tier X when there isn't any tier X premiums available. i'm guessing they must have made a bit last season and that's why 23-10 stayed at  tier8; which has annoyed me and others cause i was looking forward to trying rank at another tier possibly without radar. I played at tier 6 and it was a lot more enjoyable without radar as i think it shows more skill/tactics being used to win battles; last season i just reached a point  of having enough of radar and hydro that i just stopped playing rank altogether as did many others. Obviously scenarios have made them money as they wouldn't have put so much effort into continuing them and yes i agree people buy premiums for a multitude of reasons as myself who with a little help from containers and xmas boxes no owns 32 premiums and not 1 bought for a scenario yet ( although have enjoyed using quite a few in scenarios). 

and after typing all that it clicks that maybe they sell more flags and camos with people trying to rank up cause like any market it's the consumables that make the money the premium ships are just a means to use more consumables  and also use doubloons to convert xp to get there quicker and premium to boost everything but i still think they shot themselves in the foot a bit this season; who knows maybe it works for them maybe it doesn't, i guess we'll see.

[LONER]
71 posts
2,666 battles

I can't comment as to what is more profitable for WG, but I can say that I'll play 5 or more scenarios to every random I play. It's got to the point now, where randoms only exist for me to grind a new line to tier 6. When they made Ultimate Frontier more difficult, it didn't send me back to randoms, I just stopped playing.

354 posts
9,048 battles
5 hours ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Yes plz make T8 operations,T8s suffers too much from T10s and Ranger got its butt kicked by saipan 

Don't know if they'll make any t8 scenarios - makes it too easy for people to get to t9 without playing randoms. Likewise, no t9 prems that you can just buy your way into. The top tiers should be the domain of PvP.

36 posts
11,211 battles

if the scenario battle can only provide credit and CO experience I agree to add for all tiers but if it can provide ship experience I don't agree to have all tiers. The scenario battles have create too many high tier coop players. They just do scenario battle to get ship experience and research ship very very very fast but have no idea what they should to do when get in a high tier real battle. So if the scenario battle can provide ship exp I don't think its good idea to have all tier battle.

[LONER]
71 posts
2,666 battles

From my perspective, @super61_sniper, making scenarios at all tiers would mean that I don't need to play PvP at all. As far as I'm concerned, PvP is a necessary evil required to get ships capable of doing scenarios.

I have no complaints about keeping tiers IX and X for PvP, I can live without a Yamato or a Class H BB, but I would love a scenario for my T8s.

Sign in to follow this