Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pete_the_pirate

Weird screen image

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
32 posts
2,875 battles

Has anybody else experienced this? It has happened to me 2 or 3 times - the screen image goes all weird with fluorescent colours which makes it a bit difficult to see what the hell you're doing. On one occasion everything turned mostly black & white and the sky had a number of 'arches' (hard to describe otherwise) across from horizon to horizon as well which made it virtually impossible to play the battle.5ae5ad2f76665_WargaminggameclientScreenSnapz001.thumb.jpg.94241cc5e3af0b520bb01db7da8e2bd1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,316 posts

My eyes....my eyes.....

Nice low res you're running there.

I'd suggest it's time to upgrade your system, not just your graphics card...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Member
4,580 posts
26,002 battles

1. VGA driver has a problem >> update

2. WOWS's file pkg << some how it damaged after update >> open launcher >> settings >> support >> check and repair

3. god knows

Edited by MatterCore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
32 posts
2,875 battles
10 hours ago, Lowyat said:

Signs of a dying graphic card?

It has only ever happened those couple of times during WOWS though - as soon as WOWS is quit picture is fine again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SEARN]
Member
528 posts
8,087 battles
19 hours ago, Pete_the_pirate said:

Has anybody else experienced this? It has happened to me 2 or 3 times - the screen image goes all weird with fluorescent colours which makes it a bit difficult to see what the hell you're doing. On one occasion everything turned mostly black & white and the sky had a number of 'arches' (hard to describe otherwise) across from horizon to horizon as well which made it virtually impossible to play the battle.5ae5ad2f76665_WargaminggameclientScreenSnapz001.thumb.jpg.94241cc5e3af0b520bb01db7da8e2bd1.jpg

 

On the few occasions it has happened is it early on when you started WOWS or after say a few hours in game? Or completely random? Has it happened before or only in last game patch or recent patches?

 

Can you post your PC specs. What brand and model is your GPU?

 

Never experienced it myself in game, but I would try a couple things.

- Delete and re-install your GPU drivers with the latest version.

- Try running in DX9 instead of DX11 mode from the in game graphics settings. You shouldn't notice any difference in visuals at the setting you are running.

 

If you feel like it Google "Open hardware monitor". Download and install it and have it running while you play WOWS. When you exit it will show the max temps of your CPU/GPU and assorted hardware values. Post a screenshot of it after playing WOWS when this problem occurs again.

Have seen this kind of thing before with overheating GPU. Could be many other things but I would look at GPU to start with

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
32 posts
2,875 battles
14 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

 

On the few occasions it has happened is it early on when you started WOWS or after say a few hours in game? Or completely random? Has it happened before or only in last game patch or recent patches?

 

Can you post your PC specs. What brand and model is your GPU?

 

Never experienced it myself in game, but I would try a couple things.

- Delete and re-install your GPU drivers with the latest version.

- Try running in DX9 instead of DX11 mode from the in game graphics settings. You shouldn't notice any difference in visuals at the setting you are running.

 

If you feel like it Google "Open hardware monitor". Download and install it and have it running while you play WOWS. When you exit it will show the max temps of your CPU/GPU and assorted hardware values. Post a screenshot of it after playing WOWS when this problem occurs again.

Have seen this kind of thing before with overheating GPU. Could be many other things but I would look at GPU to start with

 

Can't recall how long WOWS had been playing when it happened. I think it has varied from half an hour to an hour or two. Seems it has happened in previous game patch as well as latest.

 

AMD Radeon R9 M290X:

  Chipset Model:    AMD Radeon R9 M290X
  Type:    GPU
  Bus:    PCIe
  PCIe Lane Width:    x16
  VRAM (Total):    2048 MB
  Vendor:    ATI (0x1002)
  Device ID:    0x6810
  Revision ID:    0x0000
  ROM Revision:    113-C408A0-730
  EFI Driver Version:    01.00.730
  Displays:
iMac:
  Display Type:    Retina LCD
  Resolution:    5120 x 2880 Retina
  Retina:    Yes
  Pixel Depth:    32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:    Yes
  Mirror:    Off
  Online:    Yes
  Built-In:    Yes

 

 

So far haven't found a way to replace GPU driver. Everything I've found on the internet so far relates to Windows or Linux but not Mac. 

Am already running game in DirectX9.

'Open Hardware Monitor' only supports Windows. Probably is an equivalent app of Macs but haven't had time to have a thorough search.


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SEARN]
Member
528 posts
8,087 battles
3 hours ago, Pete_the_pirate said:

Can't recall how long WOWS had been playing when it happened. I think it has varied from half an hour to an hour or two. Seems it has happened in previous game patch as well as latest.

 

AMD Radeon R9 M290X:

  Chipset Model:    AMD Radeon R9 M290X
  Type:    GPU
  Bus:    PCIe
  PCIe Lane Width:    x16
  VRAM (Total):    2048 MB
  Vendor:    ATI (0x1002)
  Device ID:    0x6810
  Revision ID:    0x0000
  ROM Revision:    113-C408A0-730
  EFI Driver Version:    01.00.730
  Displays:
iMac:
  Display Type:    Retina LCD
  Resolution:    5120 x 2880 Retina
  Retina:    Yes
  Pixel Depth:    32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:    Yes
  Mirror:    Off
  Online:    Yes
  Built-In:    Yes

 

 

So far haven't found a way to replace GPU driver. Everything I've found on the internet so far relates to Windows or Linux but not Mac. 

Am already running game in DirectX9.

'Open Hardware Monitor' only supports Windows. Probably is an equivalent app of Macs but haven't had time to have a thorough search.


 

 

 

Ok. Gotcha. Didn't realise you were on a Mac as it wasn't mentioned in your opening post.

Firstly updated drivers for a R9 M290X on OS X will be basically impossible to get as Apple has a shocking track record of not providing drivers for older hardware. Easier to tell someone to simply buy an expensive new Mac, than to bother to support older hardware on a fully working computer that a customer does not want to replace. I don't agree with their business practices but it is what it is.

I have worked on a Mac laptop with that GPU family before and from memory the newest OS X GPU drivers were from late 2014. So very old. That is one big problem.

Secondly the CodeWeavers wrapper that enables Mac OS X to run WOWS is quite buggy in itself. It is getting better all the time  but I don't think it will ever be a 100% perfect game experience. Believe me on windows it is very buggy also. Also the wrapper does not support DirectX11 mode at all AFAIK.

A mate of mine had a Mac book Pro and was running a Windows 7 virtual machine and he was able to run pretty much any windows based software. It was a very high end laptop with much newer hardware though. Going down this road though you will still be tied by the ancient GPU drivers that you cannot update.

Have you updated to the newest wrapper version? Don't know if this requires a complete re-install of the game as I'm not very knowledgeable on all the ins and outs of whats involved as I don't run WOWS on a Mac myself.

Long story short, if it is not happening often and it is something you can put up with I think you are going to have to. Having the game even working with GPU drivers that old, running a game that is changing and getting updated all the time, while running in an OS environment it was not designed for is a feat in itself.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
32 posts
2,875 battles
11 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

 

Ok. Gotcha. Didn't realise you were on a Mac as it wasn't mentioned in your opening post.

Firstly updated drivers for a R9 M290X on OS X will be basically impossible to get as Apple has a shocking track record of not providing drivers for older hardware. Easier to tell someone to simply buy an expensive new Mac, than to bother to support older hardware on a fully working computer that a customer does not want to replace. I don't agree with their business practices but it is what it is.

I have worked on a Mac laptop with that GPU family before and from memory the newest OS X GPU drivers were from late 2014. So very old. That is one big problem.

Secondly the CodeWeavers wrapper that enables Mac OS X to run WOWS is quite buggy in itself. It is getting better all the time  but I don't think it will ever be a 100% perfect game experience. Believe me on windows it is very buggy also. Also the wrapper does not support DirectX11 mode at all AFAIK.

A mate of mine had a Mac book Pro and was running a Windows 7 virtual machine and he was able to run pretty much any windows based software. It was a very high end laptop with much newer hardware though. Going down this road though you will still be tied by the ancient GPU drivers that you cannot update.

Have you updated to the newest wrapper version? Don't know if this requires a complete re-install of the game as I'm not very knowledgeable on all the ins and outs of whats involved as I don't run WOWS on a Mac myself.

Long story short, if it is not happening often and it is something you can put up with I think you are going to have to. Having the game even working with GPU drivers that old, running a game that is changing and getting updated all the time, while running in an OS environment it was not designed for is a feat in itself.

 

 

 

 

Thanks for that. Yeah, only happened a few times (but do experience game freezing a bit more often, which I had put down to WOWS not fully supporting the Mac OS. That can be a real hassle as quite often it is impossible to force quit just that app until the whole computer restarts, so it takes forever restarting the computer then going through all the WOWS start up screens. By the time I get back in I've been sunk and the battle is over or nearly over).   :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SEARN]
Member
528 posts
8,087 battles

Your not alone with bugs and problems. I have been having issues with "TAB" key getting stuck on and i cannot control my ship for the entire battle. I get reported for being AFK for a game bug. Also getting disconnected a lot and put back to log in screen despite my internet working 100%. Only WOWS has this problem.

Wish I could have helped more. Not trying to sound rude, but if it was a Windows PC I could have more than likely found what was causing your problem.

I hope you get a better playing experience in the future as new updates for the Mac wrapper are released.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×