Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
User_1145141919810

The threshold of Ranked battle should be higher

21 comments in this topic

[CIRS]
1,198 posts
10,508 battles

I don't want to name and shame everyone.

Currently I'm Rank 14,and I've seen a lot of players,whose tech tree ship's max Tier is only 4-6,Random Battle less than 500,bought a Harakaze,without survival expert and IFHE,or Loyang without Hydro search,join Ranked and mess up this game.

Some of them even reached R14 due to good luck and the mechanism.

10-2 only allow Tier X is a good try.But those players I've mentioned above don't fit Ranked anyway.

Edited by User_1145141919810

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,313 posts

This is a Multiplayer game.

It doesn't matter whether people "fit" into a certain game mode.

EVERYONE is entitled to play.

That's why it's a Multiplayer game.....

980 posts
12,693 battles

To be honest, the potato isnt that bad. We were all inexperienced at some point or another. It is frustrating to have a potato, but at the end of the day they tried their best.

Teammates that can be worse than potatoes are:

1. Team killers

2. Players who deliberately sail to the back of the map from the start of the battle to make the team lose

3. Players who let the enemy know of our positions in all chat

4. Players who blatantly refuse to work as a team and make a useless suicidal charge at the enemy from the beginning

5. DDs who YOLO-torp enemy battleships, fail to kill the enemy battleship, and then say 'worth it', i got 2 torp hits

6. Battleships who friendly fire DDs for not spotting

I've already encountered all these for this season, unfortunately, and we are only 2 days in. 

273 posts
1,235 battles
41 minutes ago, LordTyphoon said:

2. Players who deliberately sail to the back of the map from the start of the battle to make the team lose

Got to agree on this point.... :etc_swear: just lost a match in ranked....friendly benson tk'ed own edinburgh....solo loyang sitting inside the cap despite with 4 enemy ships (of which there are 2 loyangs+1 atago+1 bb)......1 alabama+1 kutuzov+1 kagero still camping way back at spwan area despite losing 2 cap areas....

Speechless :etc_red_button:

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,313 posts
2 minutes ago, Hey_Potato said:

Got to agree on this point.... :etc_swear: just lost a match in ranked....friendly benson tk'ed own edinburgh....solo loyang sitting inside the cap despite with 4 enemy ships (of which there are 2 loyangs+1 atago+1 bb)......1 alabama+1 kutuzov+1 kagero still camping way back at spwan area despite losing 2 cap areas....

How normal.....

364 posts
3,693 battles

I think it good for wg to change the criteria for ranked battles. In between the ranks you will need t10 ships to play. It reduces a lot of potatoes this because not many potatoes own t10 ships. Of course there will be some potatoes who still own t10 ships.....

Let hope wg keep it this way.

Edited by th3vikings

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,908 posts
4,190 battles
27 minutes ago, Hey_Potato said:

The sooner you accept that ranked is nothing more than randoms with less players, the sooner you will be feeling better

[CIRS]
1,198 posts
10,508 battles
1 小時前,LordTyphoon 說:

4. Players who blatantly refuse to work as a team and make a useless suicidal charge at the enemy from the beginning

I've seen this many times......

4 posts
2,699 battles

In the Ranked Battles I have played so far, when the team communicates well, and works together they generally do well.

That would be true for any team event.

In games I have been in where there has been little coordination, no communication, and lots of individuals doing their thing the result has been a loss, which is not surprising.  

149 posts
10,455 battles

It's not the potatoes that bother me. It's the bitterness. I've played a couple of games so far - am only at rank 17 - and have been reported nearly 20 times, called noob etc in every match. I don't pretend to be great, I rarely criticise others - but I have a basic idea how to play and don't generally give my life away cheaply and always play for the objectives. I know karma is meaningless but I hate watching it plummet like this. 

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,908 posts
4,190 battles
4 hours ago, Mister_Teatime said:

It's not the potatoes that bother me. It's the bitterness. I've played a couple of games so far - am only at rank 17 - and have been reported nearly 20 times, called noob etc in every match. I don't pretend to be great, I rarely criticise others - but I have a basic idea how to play and don't generally give my life away cheaply and always play for the objectives. I know karma is meaningless but I hate watching it plummet like this. 

It doesn't take much to get downvoted in Ranked.

If you don't take a competitive ship, or stray from the objective or don't support your team or carry out your role then its goodnight Irene.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,313 posts
5 hours ago, Mister_Teatime said:

It's worse as a Supertester....

I think I lose Karma points as soon as I enter a random game with a test ship.

I only get awarded points when I'm in Co-Op!

Beta Tester
926 posts
15,475 battles

Now that I am in rank10+, should I yolo the tier 10s I have? 

I have no intention to play serious this season given I already have the black.

As a social experiment I want to see if the law of numbers and playing many games can get yourself to ranked 1.

Will players be salty at me :) 

399 posts
7,210 battles

It's just the luck of the draw with ranked teams. Last season I gave up in disgust at rank 13, this season went from Rank 18------->Rank 10 in 19 battles. I play DD and just try to give my team mates as much info as I can during the battle.

345 posts
10,825 battles
11 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Which is why I always argue that people shouldn't be hung up on a worthless piece of information like karma.

Even win the game for the team, somehow I still got report for some unknown reason.

Got 7 win -2 lose with 12 report just for today in Rank Battle. Oh well, just as usual day. I just feel free to decrease my "karma" anyway.

48 posts
6,288 battles

best solution to this problem, don't play ranked. currently in ranked the T8 ones are full of solo players - not to mention the TX bracket. TX is so competitive that it is expected for a BB to bblapp DD's like cruisers did, if you do want to play, it seems to be best to take either CA or BB so you don't get salted by the amounts of Yueyang and Loyang prowling around. i don't think the ranked saltiness is a good/bad player problem tbh, it's more of a teamwork problem which nobody could do. unless you meet a friend in your ranked team which you knew his/her playstyle and play the match supporting each other

Beta Tester
628 posts
6,898 battles

I find it hilarious when people complain about bad players in ranked, or even bad players in general.  You want players who are not very good to be playing, because they're the ones who are going to move you up the ranks.  The more bad players, the faster you move up.  This is why it's so much easier to carry games at R15 than it is at R5.

Imagine if someone asking for no bad players in ranked got their wish, and every single player in each game of ranked was a better player than them.  How far up the ranks would they go exactly?

455 posts
8,038 battles
39 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

You want players who are not very good to be playing, because they're the ones who are going to move you up the ranks. 

Exactly this. I played t8 ranked on the first day and got from r14 to r10 with no problem at all. The next day in r10 bracket every game was filled with unicums because the ones who got to r10 in one day are mostly the unicums. Playing against them is really hard- though enjoyable and educational as it is not everyday that you get to play against the best in the server. But that day I was stuck in r10-9 and so were most of the unicums. Today its been much easier to carry teams and punish enemies because more of the "average" players have grinded to r10 and I can outplay them. If I get bad players in both enemy and allied team, thats great for me because I can use my own skill to compensate for the bad players in my team and win consistently

Sign in to follow this