You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Moldavia

Suggestion to enhance chat

4 comments in this topic

354 posts
9,048 battles

Sometimes it is desirable to send a message through chat that will only make sense if it is apparent which ship is sending it. e.g. "I'm about to pop smoke/dfaa/radar". The trouble is, in the heat of battle it's quite easy to fail to notice a new chat message (for me anyway) and, even when you do see it straight away, it's only tagged with the IGN which means scanning around to try to identify the ship that sent it - or even bringing up the team list to identify the ship and then locating it on the minimap.

The method of sending one of the preprogrammed messages using the function keys seems to work quite well and is very effective so I thought a simple enhancement to the current chat system could introduce a similar functionality. Normal chat messages would remain the same but, if the message was terminated with a different key (other than CR, e.g.Ctrl-CR or Shft-CR) then it would be identified as a 'Priority Message' and would result in some audible reminder and a visual highlighting of the sending ship on both the main display and on the minimap for a couple of seconds (similar to what happens with a pf key message - or maybe even the same).

I doubt whether it would take much to implement and would enhance teamwork and communication.

[LNA]
1,619 posts
10,247 battles

But it would also empower spammer.

I am quite pissed off at idiots who love to spam a spot for 10-20 times.

For godsake im not blind , 1-2 ping and i know you need something there.

It is VERY VERY ANNOYING when 5-6 guys ping at the same time.

Bloody hell , having 5 guys requesting assistance is god damn @#!#@!$ when you are in a carrier. You have to leave someone to die and save one or two of them.

If you bloody want support , put yourself where your allies can save your arse , not bluelining in a corner and ask a carrier to spare FT saving your hide when CV come for your idiocy.

354 posts
9,048 battles
9 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

But it would also empower spammer.

I am quite pissed off at idiots who love to spam a spot for 10-20 times.

For godsake im not blind , 1-2 ping and i know you need something there.

It is VERY VERY ANNOYING when 5-6 guys ping at the same time.

Bloody hell , having 5 guys requesting assistance is god damn @#!#@!$ when you are in a carrier. You have to leave someone to die and save one or two of them.

If you bloody want support , put yourself where your allies can save your arse , not bluelining in a corner and ask a carrier to spare FT saving your hide when CV come for your idiocy.

But you do have to type something in, which takes time and effort (unlike hitting a pf key or madly clicking on the minimap) so it shouldn't encourage misuse too much.

1,091 posts
7,760 battles

There is mod for that

I use it for long time, it display shipnames in chat box like : Humusz(DesMoines) : Radar CD

with Minimap with Ship names activated.  you can have easier time grasping things that happen around you, as long you dont tunnel vision so much