You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordTyphoon

Lets debate: Stats matter

16 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
15,883 battles

Is this a new video of his ??? I can remember watching one about stats over a year ago.

203 posts
11,785 battles

Very subjective matter.

One thing for sure, being too bad or too good doesn't make the whole community any better.
Even in PvE "Co-op" games players still manage to start a war for no good reason most of the time its start by someone wanted to "mess around" on another person.

As long as both parties doesn't get on each other's neck everything should be a-okay. I doubt that though since we're all humans.

Beta Tester
9 posts
7,339 battles
1 hour ago, Pervis117 said:

Stats that matter: 1) Clan Battles position, 2) ranks in Ranked Season, 3) Solo winrate in Random

No other stats matter.

Even no. 2 is a bit dubious since I've seen many a people say you can fail your way to rank 1

1,091 posts
7,756 battles

8137b343c7.png

ofc stat matter, but neither developer nor comunity of this game have good define/description of what stats that matter

ESports and Traditional sports use them. for example you have Ball possesion, Discipline, Red card, Yellow card, Shoot at goal, Assist, Succesfull pass and so on on Football.

If you understand the subject just by gleening it already can tell story on their own

Edited by humusz

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,772 posts
4,021 battles
10 hours ago, Pervis117 said:

Stats that matter: 1) Clan Battles position, 2) ranks in Ranked Season, 3) Solo winrate in Random

No other stats matter.

Agree that stats matter but WG  can't define which ones count.

CW measures a set of players in a set format.   Those battles generally use the same ship sand tactics on the same maps so can measure only a subset of players in a closed environment and do not measure the community as a whole 

Ranked.  Well definitely good players move up the ranks but it was proven last season by some that if you spam it enough to you can climb    So really only rank 1 counts. Same issue as CW as it uses a set format and set maps and a small proportion of players

Solo WR. Sure it measures you individually but you are held to ransom by the team so again its a poor metric when taken by itself with no context.  Is a sealclubber who running a 19pt captain in a t1 with a 60% WR a better player than a T9 player who is 55%????  It's probably the closest we have but far from perfect.  It will never be the right combination.  Just look at how many metrics XVM has changed over the years. 

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

70 posts
3,166 battles

Honestly, back when I played WoT, I was very much overconcerned with my stats. Win ratio, WN8, Battle Rating, and all that. It did get me all the way into a green player with above 52% WR and a good WN8, but it gave me a heck of a lot of stress which even affected how I perform IRL. Everyday, losing streaks bad players, gold spam, and all that bad stuff I experienced, to the point that I finally quit (not completely) WoT and transfered to WoWS and ever since, I've been taking this game a whole lot less serious. I mean, by no means am I a great player (I'm below 50% WR) but I still try to play as good as I can. But the best thing is that I don't have to worry about losing streaks and dropping stats.

Tl;dr:   Worrying about stats= stress and tryharding  ;  Not worrying about stats= you actually have fun playing the game

Beta Tester
293 posts

Stats is a metric that measure your usual performance in a game.

You can analyze it, and think/evaluates what you can do to improve per game.

Just don't take it emotionally and kill yourself.

269 posts
23,191 battles
9 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Agree that stats matter but WG  can't define which ones count.

CW measures a set of players in a set format.   Those battles generally use the same ship sand tactics on the same maps so can measure only a subset of players in a closed environment and do not measure the community as a whole 

Ranked.  Well definitely good players move up the ranks but it was proven last season by some that if you spam it enough to you can climb    So really only rank 1 counts. Same issue as CW as it uses a set format and set maps and a small proportion of players

Solo WR. Sure it measures you individually but you are held to ransom by the team so again its a poor metric when taken by itself with no context.  Is a sealclubber who running a 19pt captain in a t1 with a 60% WR a better player than a T9 player who is 55%????  It's probably the closest we have but far from perfect.  It will never be the right combination.  Just look at how many metrics XVM has changed over the years. 

So any metric of comparison is going to have flaws that range from collection, to environment, mitigating factors, etc. The picture we get will always be assymetric to some degrees. 

So yes, those three criteria have some imperfections. 

But they are objectively far and away, the -most- robust metrics to compare players against out of the range of stats we can collect. The others are even more flawed.