Sign in to follow this  
Leo_1408

Enemy ships disappearing?

9 comments in this topic

76 posts
6,347 battles

I know destroyers and a few of the RN cruisers use smoke to hide behind, but battleships did not have stealth mode in WW2 - nor did cruisers. So what's going on when enemy ships keep disappearing and then popping up elsewhere? Any ideas?

I guess I must be missing something obvious - I do that a lot! :Smile_amazed:

76 posts
6,347 battles
On 4/28/2018 at 7:23 AM, icy_phoenix said:

And you are asking this after almost 5000 battles? The only thing you missed probably was the fact that this is a game and not a WW2 simulator.

Oh OK - fair comment! :Smile_Default:

I thought it was sort of like a simulator - my bad!

(So, there's no real reason for them to disappear?)

Edited by Leo_1408

Super Tester
7,757 posts
8,040 battles
9 hours ago, Leo_1408 said:

(So, there's no real reason for them to disappear?)

There's a 20s debuff once someone shoots in open water, the detection range is ships max gun range. (or aa range for plane spotting). if there is no ship within that range from your team, they will disappear after 20 seconds... Im sure you know all these. There are some battleships that has sub 11 km detection, just like many cruisers who have sub 10 km detection. What's the actual problem here?

76 posts
6,347 battles
On 5/1/2018 at 3:45 AM, icy_phoenix said:

There's a 20s debuff once someone shoots in open water, the detection range is ships max gun range. (or aa range for plane spotting). if there is no ship within that range from your team, they will disappear after 20 seconds... Im sure you know all these. There are some battleships that has sub 11 km detection, just like many cruisers who have sub 10 km detection. What's the actual problem here?

The 'problem' is I don't know much about how this game works - I just play it, and I'm finding out stuff all the time. Thanks for answering my questions, but if they irritate you - just ignore them. Like I haven't a clue what a 'debuff' is.

Lol, I'm always in trouble at home and at school for asking too many questions - I'm curious about everything - just ignore me. :Smile_Default:

Super Tester
7,757 posts
8,040 battles

Why would it irritate me? If anything, it surprised me..... 

Anyway, debuff is sort of like a "penalty". And in case if you don't know what penalty means....

I think you are just trolling.

:cap_cool:

Super Tester
3,918 posts
4,196 battles

Here is what Icy is talking about.   At 5k games you need to start asking more questions about the mechanics.  It will help you improve and you will find the game is more enjoyable.   Its not imperative to have a lot of knowledge when playing Coop but once you start facing live players who know the game intimately you will quickly find that they have a massive advantage over players who don't understand the game.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Detection

76 posts
6,347 battles
8 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Why would it irritate me? If anything, it surprised me..... 

Anyway, debuff is sort of like a "penalty". And in case if you don't know what penalty means....

I think you are just trolling.

:cap_cool:

This is one definition of internet trolling -

"In Internet slang, a troll (/trl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Like how are the questions I asked trolling? I guess I was mislead by this - "These forums are here to provide you with a friendly atmosphere where you can discuss ideas, give and receive game play advice ..."

Anyway, thanks for your info.

76 posts
6,347 battles
8 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Here is what Icy is talking about.   At 5k games you need to start asking more questions about the mechanics.  It will help you improve and you will find the game is more enjoyable.   Its not imperative to have a lot of knowledge when playing Coop but once you start facing live players who know the game intimately you will quickly find that they have a massive advantage over players who don't understand the game.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Detection

I understand, and thanks for your advice. I play the game whenever I can, but I'm not very good at it - I just play it for fun.

I don't take it so seriously that I put people down, or get into internet fights over it - so it's all cool, and thanks again for your help.

Sign in to follow this