Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ADMIRAL_SPUD

US Cruiser Split Question

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
7 posts
5,004 battles

Once the US Cruiser split happens and a player has ALL of the old cruiser line upto tierX researched, but doesnt have all of the cruisers in port for whatever reason.
[Sold the previous  tier ship to get into the next  tier ship] for instance.

What will happen there. Will the player  have to research and buy the new cruisers as well, or just buy the newer ships ????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Video Contributor
2,243 posts
10,748 battles

For the old cases

IJN DD sub branch and VMF DD sub branch

if you have old Hatsuharu you will get new Hatsuharu T6 in Akizuki line (all stock i guess) and Atatsuki instead old Hatsuharu xp old ship been tranfered to Akatsuki, also get a new commander for Hatsuharu also without cost for retain

if you have Ogevoi T6 you will get Geveny instead Ogevoi and Ogevoi moved to T8 and all stock, xp been tranfered from Ogevoi to Geveny, and a new commander full retain without cost

i should you read note patch 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.5.15 << changing IJN DD

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.6.2 << changing VMF DD 

Edited by Onlinegamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
354 posts
9,048 battles
5 hours ago, MatterCore said:

>>> more info

 

How sure are you that Dallas will be unlocked if you have Omaha - I saw a video where Notser was grinding an Omaha in preparation for the split so he'd have enough xp to get Dallas immediately it was available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
312 posts
6,768 battles

What iv'e done is gone back to the Omaha and ground out a little more XP than it would take to buy the current Cleveland, and that should more or less cover the research price of the Dallas. Won't take too long to do actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
354 posts
9,048 battles
22 minutes ago, Kamanah said:

What iv'e done is gone back to the Omaha and ground out a little more XP than it would take to buy the current Cleveland, and that should more or less cover the research price of the Dallas. Won't take too long to do actually.

I think I'll do this too - can't see why they'd unlock Dallas, but they might be generous. I was rather fond of the Omaha anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,062 posts
3,824 battles
2 hours ago, Moldavia said:

I think I'll do this too - can't see why they'd unlock Dallas, but they might be generous. I was rather fond of the Omaha anyway.

I like the Omaha too,and just checking,I have 200k XP sitting on it..think i am covered for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Member
4,328 posts
25,283 battles

based on IJN & RU DDs split

Before split After split plus
Omaha (5) >> Omaha (5) >> Unlock Option for Dallas (6)
Cleveland (6) >> Pensacola (6) + Dallas (6) Full stock
Pensacola (7) >> New Orleans (7) + Helena (7) Full stock
New Orleans (8) >> Baltimore (8) + Cleveland (8) Full stock
Baltimore (9) >> Buffalo (9) + Seattle (9) Full stock
Des Moines (X) >> Des Moines (X)  

 

Edited by MatterCore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
257 posts
4,622 battles

 

32 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

based on IJN & RU DDs split

Before split After split plus
Omaha (5) >> Omaha (5) >> Unlock Option for Dallas (6)
Cleveland (6) >> Pensacola (6) + Dallas (6) Full stock
Pensacola (7) >> New Orleans (7) + Helena (7) Full stock
New Orleans (8) >> Baltimore (8) + Cleveland (8) Full stock
Baltimore (9) >> Buffalo (9) + Seattle (9) Full stock
Des Moines (X) >> Des Moines (X)  

 

I don't think they will give the alternative line CL (T6, T7, T9) for free, especially when it is a new ship. Perhaps T6 and T9 will be unlocked(available to buy without EXP) if you have previously fully researched Omaha and Cleveland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
354 posts
9,048 battles
35 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

based on IJN & RU DDs split

Before split After split plus
Omaha (5) >> Omaha (5) >> Unlock Option for Dallas (6)
Cleveland (6) >> Pensacola (6) + Dallas (6) Full stock
Pensacola (7) >> New Orleans (7) + Helena (7) Full stock
New Orleans (8) >> Baltimore (8) + Cleveland (8) Full stock
Baltimore (9) >> Buffalo (9) + Seattle (9) Full stock
Des Moines (X) >> Des Moines (X)  

 

Have things changed? All the prior speculation about the split strongly indicated that a t6 Cleveland would get a t8 Cleveland as a replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,881 battles

from what I can tell, you can either go and buy all of them from tier 5 to tier 9

or just buy the tier 5, tier 6, and tier 9 and just grind XP on those ships, so when the split comes you will have enough XP to research the next tiers up straight away.

EG. Buy the Omaha and grind something like 36500xp so you can then unlock the Dallas.

        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Member
4,328 posts
25,283 battles
4 hours ago, GRADAN31 said:

 

I don't think they will give the alternative line CL (T6, T7, T9) for free, especially when it is a new ship. Perhaps T6 and T9 will be unlocked(available to buy without EXP) if you have previously fully researched Omaha and Cleveland.

 

4 hours ago, Moldavia said:

Have things changed? All the prior speculation about the split strongly indicated that a t6 Cleveland would get a t8 Cleveland as a replacement.

based on IJN DDs split & VMF DDs split for my own case

 IJN DDs at that time I reached Hatsuharu (7) and in my port was Minekaze (5) + Mutsuki (6) and the 2nd branch I got Shiratsuyu + Hatsuharu + Minekaze << all stock

 VMF DDs I reached Udaloi (9) and  in my port was Gnevny(5) + Ognevoi (6) + Kiev (7) + Tashkent (8) and the 2nd branch I got Ognevoi + Udaloi << all stock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
257 posts
4,622 battles
On 4/27/2018 at 10:35 PM, MatterCore said:

 

based on IJN DDs split & VMF DDs split for my own case

 IJN DDs at that time I reached Hatsuharu (7) and in my port was Minekaze (5) + Mutsuki (6) and the 2nd branch I got Shiratsuyu + Hatsuharu + Minekaze << all stock

 VMF DDs I reached Udaloi (9) and  in my port was Gnevny(5) + Ognevoi (6) + Kiev (7) + Tashkent (8) and the 2nd branch I got Ognevoi + Udaloi << all stock

I see... Looking at how you can get a higher tier ship without researching lower tiers, I think WG will only give you stock cleveland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
283 posts
3,453 battles

So, I have ground up to the New Orleans.

Taking a break from WoWs for about 2-3 months for study and have enough fxp to get Baltimore and have Cleveland, Pensacola and New Orleans in port at the moment but not enough credits to buy the Baltimore. If I research it, then what do I get after the split?

I already know that I get

Columbia

Pittsburgh x2

Salt Lake City x2

Astoria x2

But, is it worth the Baltimore fxp?  Apparently, I should only be getting the buffalo researched which, I could just grind during next holidays but would I get anything extra from researching Baltimore before split then I would researching the buffalo after? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IDOLM]
Member
28 posts
9,877 battles

finally there will be some ship can control these SAIPAN players' behavior. Always got SAIPAN players just rely on tier 9 planes do whatever they want in tier 7 battle and make the battle unfair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
26 posts
4,202 battles

Why are there so many people who think that they'll get the light cruiser line if they have the main line cruiser... you don't. Except if you have Cleveland of course.

 

Go read this before making any uninformed mistakes: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.6.2  (credits to :Onlinegamer)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×