Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
chicony56

New York and Texas vs luck

3 comments in this topic

91 posts
5,281 battles

Hi people

Now sometime ago I wondered about luck and this game, so got a Texas, same boat as New York  but better AA was the claim of many. Played the hell out of it and continued also with

New York ,. Now the results I find are startling , after 177 battles in New York I`m at 58% win rate , after 188 battles in Texas I`m at a miserable 46% , as a result Texas now rusts in port

now it`s often stated that the only consistent component to losing is YOU , I dispute this , same player, same skills,.I submit LUCK on MM part selecting skilled teams to fight with you is

the biggest factor by far . if MM hates you, she hates you , so I take heart in believing and  to not get despondent and think your a bad player but there are lucky boats and unlucky ones...

Thoughts ?

331 posts
7,016 battles

For me i disliked the New York. Though the Texas and New York are similar in speed i always felt safer in the Texas because more often than not i would be up against a CV, the New York just doesn't cut it for me in the AA department.

Texas also feels more accurate, maybe that's just my observation.

Match Making hates everyone at one time or another, and not much can be done about it. If you can division with a couple of buddies maybe you can swing a potential loss in to a guaranteed win. 

91 posts
5,281 battles

Thanks for your thoughts

Increasing winrate wasn't the reason for the post as such but more how one boat can be so significantly be different on stats , it seems remarkable , a 12% gap

is quite significant , cannot be player to my thinking , same experience same skills Not complaining about winrate really just bemused . And yes divisioning

would be the way to go if striving for high winrate was the goal . It`s more to shed comfort to others that you should`nt focus on winrate ,cause those with high%

possibly have MM smiling on them much more often . MM loves my New York but hates my Texas   

Sign in to follow this