Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unraveler

Republique - IFHE Secondaries

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,170 posts
7,678 battles

It's not too bad.

rzZPnIe.jpg

Most of that raw secondary damage was delivered to the Conqueror while we were locked in a bow-on standoff, about 8km apart. This was on Public Test and while results like this don't happen every game (I often end up eating surprise torps whenever I try to aggressively brawl in high tier battles), it's a lot of fun when the situation arises. Especially to a Conqueror of all things.

Here's the story with pictures.

The titanic brawl began the usual way...

Spoiler

Hh0VbOn.jpg

That's fine, I'm used to it by now. Let me teach you a lesson about close encounters with a Republique.

Spoiler

A0q1Wm6.jpg

Don't even need IFHE to deal with you little buggers. Hmm, is that a Conqueror behind your wreck?

Spoiler

VwoOKUH.jpg

18k damage and 4 fires. Yeah, it's a Conqueror. Great...

Spoiler

ox24spQ.jpg

I'm not dead yet, though, and my Adrenaline Rushing secondary gunners are relentless. The ones still alive, at least.

Spoiler

0XmTyQx.jpg

What's wrong, my British friend? Don't retreat - I thought you loved fires.

Spoiler

UTdDzU1.jpg

Sayonara- no wait, that's not French. What's the French word for that? Or maybe the British one? Nevermind, another challenger has already appeared.

Spoiler

gyAHT0p.jpg

Richelieu can be a very dangerous brawler with the right setup. Is this the end?

Spoiler

hsumFeo.jpg

I'm bouncing 381mm shells left and right, but I'm still afloat and my frenzied secondary gunners are going to work.

Spoiler

sDT4JTG.jpg

That was a bit anti-climactic. Let's head south and show that Red runaway Kurfürst how to brawl...

Edited by Unraveler

129 posts

IDIOT! DONT MAKE THIS THREAD!!! QUICKLY DELETE THIS THREAD!!

Republique STILL NEED +2 knot speed, +2mm armor, and -2 second reload and Catapult plane in order to be in game strongest sheep....

by making this thread WG will think : "Repulique secondary OP,,,,, it got speed boost and godly AA..... WTF we should nerf republique AND BUFF COnqueror"

gogo go! Delete quicky before WG staff read this thread!

or simply change title screen :

- Conqueror HE OP!....Republique need catapult plane buff.

1,384 posts
9,060 battles

Interesting. What was your Captain skill build?

I love playing brawling BBs but 4 points for IFHE is a rather big investment.

129 posts
17 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

its full secondary build

- IFHE : raw damage

- manual secondary : 270 shell hits/680 shot?

- AFT for range....

- no main gun decrease reload speed upgrade.... it have secondary reload instead...

sacrifice Concealment and EAT DD torps.... but its worth trade off for pure secondary maniax.... still main gun reload upgrade is everything

My republique build :

Phew-phew secondary : AFT and secondary range.... but i pick decrease maingun reload instead of full secondary.

Ninja Enough : Concealment expert and concealment upgrade

Anti DD : RDF (Radio DD Finder)

Adrenalin rush.... 18 sec reload OMG???

result.... build for ambush, play like Graf Spee

its funny that Republique can ALSO SNIPE another BB or CA.... damned fastest high sigma shell an 431mm.

to maximize sniping damage, you need to get hit or burned.... have HP 50%~60%..... happy tree friend

Beta Tester
1,170 posts
7,678 battles
3 hours ago, Balzarknam said:

IDIOT! DONT MAKE THIS THREAD!!! QUICKLY DELETE THIS THREAD!!

Republique STILL NEED +2 knot speed, +2mm armor, and -2 second reload and Catapult plane in order to be in game strongest sheep....

by making this thread WG will think : "Repulique secondary OP,,,,, it got speed boost and godly AA..... WTF we should nerf republique AND BUFF COnqueror"

gogo go! Delete quicky before WG staff read this thread!

or simply change title screen :

- Conqueror HE OP!....Republique need catapult plane buff.

Wrong. It needs a Catapult Helicopter!

You are correct, though, in that Conqueror HE needs a significant buff. That 18k salvo with 4 fires burning for full duration totaled over 63,000 damage in under 40 seconds. Barely noticeable in my mighty vessel of war.

3 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Test server captain, so only had 15 points to spend: Adrenaline Rush, Basic Firing Training, Inertial Fuse HE, and Manual Secondaries. Both the secondary range and secondary reload modules.

The benefits of IFHE are fairly limited. Unlike the earlier ships in the line, Republique doesn't need it for destroying Destroyers. It does help the 127s damage Cruiser armour, but Cruisers tend to keep their distance and your main guns are better for smacking them anyway. So really, IFHE's main use here is for bow-on BBs and getting the 152s past 32mm penetration. Otherwise you can only deal damage to the superstructure (besides fires). There's another small perk in the high base fire chance of all the secondaries - IFHE doesn't really hurt your fire starting much, so you don't need Demolition Expert to compensate.

Is it worth 4 points? Competitively, no, of course not. But it's very funny on occasion.

Beta Tester
1,170 posts
7,678 battles

This time I charged into a cap right behind a friendly Destroyer and found myself facing enemy ships from all angles. That's okay, my secondaries can fire in all directions.

XeEBRuf.jpg

That poor Izumo wasn't even in the fight for very long and my secondaries (and resulting fires) did 55k while my main guns were punishing the other two battleships. Viva Las Francegas!

[KGHSF]
3,247 posts
6,180 battles
On 22/4/2561 at 4:49 AM, Unraveler said:

Sayonara- no wait, that's not French. What's the French word for that? Or maybe the British one? Nevermind, another challenger has already appeared.

Au revoir = bye bye 
Encore?

Edited by THAI_THIEF

1,110 posts
7,850 battles

As fun build as secondary is.

its not that effective nor wise to put expensive skill point on situational tool. and Secondary turret on Frenchie is as protected as eggshell, by the time lategame approached and you can brawl with less wory, only few of them survive

My Alsace have Manual Secondary, and I usualy eager to bring those into action when opportunity arise. but even with + 100% health secodnary module, by the time they finaly have opportunity to shine, only the durable 155mm at the centerline usualy stick till the end

Edited by humusz

1,384 posts
9,060 battles
29 minutes ago, humusz said:

its not that effective nor wise to put expensive skill point on situational tool. and Secondary turret on Frenchie is as protected as eggshell,

I have been placing the Paris on Space Battles and I noticed my secondary guns keep on getting destroyed a lot more than other ships. Oh well. :fish_boom:

1,110 posts
7,850 battles
4 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

I have been placing the Paris on Space Battles and I noticed my secondary guns keep on getting destroyed a lot more than other ships. Oh well. :fish_boom:

yeah,  1 salvo from conqueror and all 100mm  on alsace starboard side perished. oh well ":/

[KGHSF]
3,247 posts
6,180 battles

Um it's seem IFHE not work for me ,I tried

Edited by THAI_THIEF

696 posts
7,510 battles

Had a secondary guns duel with Republique in my GK. Didn't really notice how much damage it did to GK, but the shear amount of shells flying towards me is very very very distressing XD.

But I do notice, like the others have mentioned, that the secondary turrets on French BBs really get destroyed easily. I used to aim for secondary built for French BB, but I have given up mainly due to the fragility of those turrets..

Sign in to follow this