You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hans_pranata

why people stay behind (fleeing from battle)?

30 comments in this topic

4 posts
1,992 battles

Hi guys, I'm new to this game and i dont know why many people (especially BB) stay behind and do nothing

I seen a lot, i mean a loooot people turn around (fleeing) first time seeing enemy and stay behind do nothing, some people even keep fleeing even their team mate in the front is winning the gun fight

why they do that?

its just a game, you die in game is mean nothing

is that for stat? any reward for that?

looking for easy kill? i mean so you can kill dying ship? is that fun?

i dont get it, enlight me

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles

You will eventually get it, once you reach high tiers. Aggressive play are punished by the meta. You cannot be aggressive if enemy is passive. You will always lose.

326 posts
10,519 battles
22 minutes ago, hans_pranata said:

Allow me. Let me make it simple for u to understand.

Mark anywhere where u feel it relevant. 

tX2cumG.thumb.jpg.deff6778578a180b810d51b7c51fc963.jpg

Edited by ArchKongou

4 posts
1,992 battles
5 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Welcome to WoWs Asia......

3 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

You will eventually get it, once you reach high tiers. Aggressive play are punished by the meta. You cannot be aggressive if enemy is passive. You will always lose.

so i guess it the way it played, its better stay behind and wait?

i play some random battle with aggressive and solid team mate and its guarantee winning (still in t5 and t6)

some battle we not talk much just watching where other team move and keep up and that much more possibility of winning

3 minutes ago, ArchKongou said:

??????????

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles
17 minutes ago, ArchKongou said:

Mark anywhere where u feel it relevant. 

there you go

tX2cumG.thumb.jpg.deff6778578a180b810d51b7c51fc963.jpg.41fdf18197e168e769603ec802eaa1e9.jpg

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles
12 minutes ago, hans_pranata said:

so i guess it the way it played, its better stay behind and wait?

That's not entirely correct either. More like, you need to do more and more risk assessment as you go up the tiers before jumping into the pit. For example, at tier 10, you are in a battleship, you see a lonely cruiser, you would think it would be easy to get a free kill. Then you will be surprised to see that the said cruiser killed you between your two reloads. That does not happen in mid or low tiers.

The higher you go, your ships gain power significantly. And with more power, comes more responsibility. You being dead early in a low tier doesn't really mean much, but you being dead early in high tier is a significant power drop for your team.

Edited by icy_phoenix

326 posts
10,519 battles
4 minutes ago, Onlinegamer said:

there you go

tX2cumG.thumb.jpg.deff6778578a180b810d51b7c51fc963.jpg.41fdf18197e168e769603ec802eaa1e9.jpg

There's more. Need the "BINGO", 5 of them :Smile-_tongue:

We need to help OP to complete it.

4 posts
1,992 battles
4 minutes ago, Onlinegamer said:

there you go

well i dont see anything relevant in that pic

i notice some BB in some battle is camping at A10, but what i still understand why they fleeing first time see the enemy, even if the team mate in front is winning they keep fleeing to the back (spawn point)

some people are just wandering around the spawn point, like doing nothing until the battle almost over and then they move forward (if the team is possible winning)

1 minute ago, icy_phoenix said:

That's not entirely correct either. More like, you need to do more and more risk assessment as you go up the tiers before jumping into the pit. 

assessment i get it, pls read my above explaination

its seem some people do like to wait doing nothing waiting the team mate fighting for winning

in random battle a lot people do this (around 2-4 player, some time much more), only go forward if there are possible to win, if the enemy eliminate the forward team, they will be next

129 posts

running away and camping is sometimes a good tactic in BB, at least if you get high caliber or confederate. not every BB is suitable for tanking. if you see IJN BB or RN BB camp most of the time, let it be. if you see German BB or FR BB play behind most of the time.... that must be wrroooong. for USN, it depend on situation.

if there is 3 or more aim at me, i will RUN AWWAAAYYY.

1 minute ago, hans_pranata said:

some people are just wandering around the spawn point, like doing nothing until the battle almost over and then they move forward (if the team is possible winning)

BB dont need to push everytime. its just need to deal high damage. by wandering around behind will preserve some HP, when the late game at 10 min mark you still got full HP. it will become threat for enemy.....

well, not every player is good enough....some of them is simply too noob. but, my point is.... camping is not always bad : Depend on the situation.

1,340 posts
8,848 battles

Plenty of reasons, some of them you already answered yourself.

Some players are cowards, some have poor situational awareness, some are selfish and want to grab easy kills.

Others just want to preserve their health as much as possible, because they can't farm their damage numbers if they are dead.

Edited by Thyaliad

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles
12 minutes ago, hans_pranata said:

well i dont see anything relevant in that pic

i notice some BB in some battle is camping at A10, but what i still understand why they fleeing first time see the enemy, even if the team mate in front is winning they keep fleeing to the back (spawn point)

assessment i get it, pls read my above explaination

its seem some people do like to wait doing nothing waiting the team mate fighting for winning

in random battle a lot people do this (around 2-4 player, some time much more), only go forward if there are possible to win, if the enemy eliminate the forward team, they will be next

Your observation is true. However there are many reasons, @Thyaliad explained some above. From my experience, I find DD drivers to be most incompetent. In every game the die before 5 minutes. Also, i am not really sure why you are just pointing out BBs, seem a bit biased to me. Bad BB players are as common as bad DD or CA players, and more so for the cases of CVs. Again, just from my experience, of thousands of battles from three servers. Impactwise,

I would rate the classes as CV > DD > BB > CA. I don't have time to think about bad BBs when there are worse CV or DD players in the team. You cannot win with those. This is why you don't notice bad cruisers. But they do exist, rushing caps first and getting killed.

273 posts
23,630 battles
52 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

liek this dude ?

The obvious solution is to nerf the Shimakaze further!!!

shot-18.04.02_05.04.17-0760.jpg

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,955 battles

"That's how BB's meant to be palyed! If you go aggressive DD can dev strike you", says a BB main

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,955 battles
1 minute ago, Pervis117 said:

liek this dude ?

The obvious solution is to nerf the Shimakaze further!!!

shot-18.04.02_05.04.17-0760.jpg

I can only see in that picture another reason to buff BB torp defense systems!!

4 posts
1,992 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

Plenty of reasons, some of them you already answered yourself.

Some players are cowards, some have poor situational awareness, some are selfish and want to grab easy kills.

Others just want to preserve their health as much as possible, because they can't farm their damage numbers if they are dead.

in that case, should be there's a penalty for that kind of playing style?

49 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Your observation is true. However there are many reasons, @Thyaliad explained some above. From my experience, I find DD drivers to be most incompetent. In every game the die before 5 minutes. Also, i am not really sure why you are just pointing out BBs, seem a bit biased to me. Bad BB players are as common as bad DD or CA players, and more so for the cases of CVs. Again, just from my experience, of thousands of battles from three servers. Impactwise,

I would rate the classes as CV > DD > BB > CA. I don't have time to think about bad BBs when there are worse CV or DD players in the team. You cannot win with those. This is why you don't notice bad cruisers. But they do exist, rushing caps first and getting killed.

yes agree, but that not what i mean,

some cruiser player also fleeing but not as much as BB player

i rarely seen DD player fleeing to the back, off course what you said that DD player die fast is true

i'm not said BB player is having bad skill, in fact i notice many BB player that waiting in the back have very good shoot

but then again why they fleeing or wait and do nothing in the back?

is the damage numbers have any reward?

but you dont score anything also if you not shoot anything

54 minutes ago, 9mm1n said:

"That's how BB's meant to be palyed! If you go aggressive DD can dev strike you", says a BB main

off course BB is should played in the back due of their long range and loooong reload

but BB should cover DD and CL/CA right

but then again if your forward team mate engage in the gun fire and the BB do nothing except fleeing, what the point of playing the game?

273 posts
23,630 battles
15 minutes ago, hans_pranata said:

off course BB is should played in the back due of their long range and loooong reload

but BB should cover DD and CL/CA right

but then again if your forward team mate engage in the gun fire and the BB do nothing except fleeing, what the point of playing the game?

I think as a solo BB player, you need to choose between having a high average damage or a high win rate. 

For example, the best way to farm damage in a Conqueror is to sit at the back and throw HE at BBs. 
The best way to have a high win rate in a Conqueror is to use your ridiculous 11.8 km detection range to sneak in close to a cap behind ur dd, and use ur your crazy HE alpha to one shot enemy dd, and your half fuse time AP to one shot enemy CA and then disappear again cause your once again, you're stealthier than half the T10 and T9 cruisers in the game.

1,126 posts

CA don't want to get one-shot killed by BB

BB don't want to get burn to death by CA or torpedo by DD

DD split into 2 category 

- gunboat don't like radar (they can handle torpedo boat just fine)

- torpedo boat don't like both gunboat and radar (they may out spot gunboat but can't escape from radar)

- both are weak to CV's plane (except some that have DFAA)

Attack value is far exceed defend value.

why people stay behind? 

it's how game design.

273 posts
23,630 battles

To be fair, thats one aspect of realism Wargaming got right (inadvertantly). 

Long term naval conflicts were frequently won by the side that manage to preserve larger numbers of ships towards the ending stages of the war (or produce more).

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Why ?

Focus Fire mostly. 

it would be rainbow, honey and butterfly if you can just man-o to man-o someone, and everyone would just let you both duke it out. but it was team game, and people were not that honorobu. beside IRL its also legit tactic to gangbang a ship with 400 aircraft. 

so, If anyone fooly put themself where they can be fired from 10 diffrent enemy from 10 diffrent direction, ofc being focused he surely will. and not one ship can not be melted when being focused by combined might of so many ships

so, its imperative need. to learn how to manage risk to fight effectivly. either through cover or range

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,158 battles
8 小時前,icy_phoenix 說:

YONE'S CV RUSH B

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

just need to stay alive as long as possible to deal as much damage as possible to the enemy ships,

that's why you see players turn and kite away from the enemy to make it harder for them to hit you.

there is a fine line between knowing when to run and knowing when to attack, most players don't and cant understand this and they either attack when  they are out numbered and out tiered or just keep pushing forward with out support or sail to far away from the caps ( most players forget you can shoot from both sides of the ship).

and some times you just need to hold your position and fight it out even if you are out numbered or just let the enemy come at you and deal as much damage to them as you can.

Then again when RNG says NO then you got no hope of winning anyways.

70 posts
1,748 battles

well if you are a bb and you got 16 inch dont scare of TOTSUGEKI (charge). If you got Amagi just go along with your mate i know it have alot of risk but at that range is a guarantee kill for any CA. And for american battleship nose in the front you you will never get penned except for Yamato (lol pen machine). And if you are playing germany battleship TOTSUGEKI !TOTSUGEKI! TOTSUGEKI !. for britsh battleship when they came out i though they were fine gentlemen but who could had believe it they are a bunch of ship can only fire HE(they should have the health point restore remove to let them taste their own medicine) and that is how to play bb for each nation so as you can see is a matter of player some are coward want easy kill some are heroic that charge and tank (usually get kill in mid battle:me) all battleship can tank is a matter of want or not some may not tank as good as other but have better gun to compensate. 

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles
20 hours ago, hans_pranata said:

Hi guys, I'm new to this game and i dont know why many people (especially BB) stay behind and do nothing

I seen a lot, i mean a loooot people turn around (fleeing) first time seeing enemy and stay behind do nothing, some people even keep fleeing even their team mate in the front is winning the gun fight

why they do that?

its just a game, you die in game is mean nothing

is that for stat? any reward for that?

looking for easy kill? i mean so you can kill dying ship? is that fun?

Because they are coward (most of time this also are their personality in real life), dont know what is team work, dont know what is map, dont know that this is just a game, clever, have knowledge, sniper, camper, skilled, "sell fish", highest damage dealer aimed (most of time in their mind only).

Well u pick 1. I am against this.. but then some says, if u cant beat them , join them (I wont join). Many game i see easy win when BB act together with the team. And many game lose when BB camp..Yes, I agree with you its mainly BB that is the problem even though some unicum deny it. This is what we are having everyday... (sometime I also play like them in certain ship when u see the team is...hmmm)