Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

41 posts
2,873 battles

Destroyers:

Scouts

Cappers

Harassers

Morale Boost/Degradation

Cruisers:

Harassers

DD-Destroyers

General Support

Battleships:

Snipers(Only applies for advantageous position finding in the early game)

Brawlers

Damage Dealers

Meat Shield

Aircraft Carriers:

All of the above sans the capping.

129 posts

not every line fit the roles... and each ship tier also have different capabilities

DD

Pan Asia DD : Smoker, Camper, Damager all ship, Cap, ..... good for hold area

USN DD : Cap, anti DD, anti air, spotter, team morale boost.... basically good at anything

IJN DD : cap, spot, anti BB, spotter, fear enemy.... good for damage and outspot enemy

Russian DD : harrass, anti DD, anti CA.... wanderer phew phew

German DD : cap, anti DD,.... hydro will rekt every other DD

CA

USN CA : camper, support DD radar or BB anti air.... anti DD and CV

French CA : damage dealer anti all ship except CV, tanker (evade),...... cover almost all area of the map, destroy everything

IJN CA : damage dealer, ambusher, camper, good anti BB ship with burn and torps

RN CL : anti DD, support DD, cap subtitute if there is no DD

German CA : good at everything.... but just average...

BB ? BB roles are the same..... DOING DAMAGE... but their approach differ....

IJN & RN BB = sniper, but IJN use AP, RN use HE

German BB : Brawler and mid range

USN & FR : versatile ambusher, can snipe or brawl close. but concealment is their way....

CV roles : can do anything

41 posts
2,873 battles
15 hours ago, Balzarknam said:

not every line fit the roles... and each ship tier also have different capabilities

DD

Pan Asia DD : Smoker, Camper, Damager all ship, Cap, ..... good for hold area

USN DD : Cap, anti DD, anti air, spotter, team morale boost.... basically good at anything

IJN DD : cap, spot, anti BB, spotter, fear enemy.... good for damage and outspot enemy

Russian DD : harrass, anti DD, anti CA.... wanderer phew phew

German DD : cap, anti DD,.... hydro will rekt every other DD

CA

USN CA : camper, support DD radar or BB anti air.... anti DD and CV

French CA : damage dealer anti all ship except CV, tanker (evade),...... cover almost all area of the map, destroy everything

IJN CA : damage dealer, ambusher, camper, good anti BB ship with burn and torps

RN CL : anti DD, support DD, cap subtitute if there is no DD

German CA : good at everything.... but just average...

BB ? BB roles are the same..... DOING DAMAGE... but their approach differ....

IJN & RN BB = sniper, but IJN use AP, RN use HE

German BB : Brawler and mid range

USN & FR : versatile ambusher, can snipe or brawl close. but concealment is their way....

CV roles : can do anything

Thanks for the input. Greatly appreciated.

Edited by cellum95

70 posts
3,193 battles

Destroyers

Ones that go "hey I'm a USN DD (or any gunboat in general), that means I should use my guns" *proceeds to fire guns while sailing in a straight line in the open and not seeking cover*

and the ones that want to be "sneaky breeki IJN Torp DD" but sits in the same spot in the smoke screen.

Cruisers

Those that sail broadside to a division of BBs

and those that hug the islands lobbing HE the whole match.

Battleships

Yolo BBs that sail in the open like the ones that always separates from the fleet's AA cover and then complains that the friendly CV did not provide air cover

Don't forget the ones that sail in a straight line despite seeing a smoke screen less than 10km from where they are.

and BBs that fire nothing but HE (RN BBs get a pass somewhat but I still hate RN BBs)

Aircraft Carriers

Wastes fighter squads. Gets their fighters strafe baited. Attacks ships with high AA rating. CV snipes.

So many things that make CV players bad. There's a very thin line where you either be a good CV or a bad CV. It's hard to be on average to say the least. You either suck or git gud with micromanaging.

41 posts
2,873 battles
15 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

You missed some

No camo destroyers

Reversing battleships

Yoloing Cruisers

Border flying CVs

What are the roles of these 4 classes?

First one: If he has no camo, then either: a.) He's a newbie or; b.) Dangerously Daring i.e he solely relies on the Captain skill, Concealment Mod, and smoke. All aforementioned generalized role(since someone replied a more detailed one) of the class is still in effect.

Second One:  Bait if he is in a good position. Cheeky(Dangerous) Tanking is also a good description if he is also in a good position and calculates all known risks before doing such maneuver. If he is doing in a very bad position, then Not Much Helpful would be an apt description.

Third One: Also Bait if he manages to do health managing very well. If not, then Useless.

Fourth One:  Sneaky Breeki if he/she is trying to snipe the enemy carrier early in the game. Other than that, if he/she is still doing it for the rest of the match, then they can be classified as Not Much Help.

Edited by cellum95

41 posts
2,873 battles
15 hours ago, DFaultPlayR69 said:

Destroyers

Ones that go "hey I'm a USN DD (or any gunboat in general), that means I should use my guns" *proceeds to fire guns while sailing in a straight line in the open and not seeking cover*

and the ones that want to be "sneaky breeki IJN Torp DD" but sits in the same spot in the smoke screen.

Cruisers

Those that sail broadside to a division of BBs

and those that hug the islands lobbing HE the whole match.

Battleships

Yolo BBs that sail in the open like the ones that always separates from the fleet's AA cover and then complains that the friendly CV did not provide air cover

Don't forget the ones that sail in a straight line despite seeing a smoke screen less than 10km from where they are.

and BBs that fire nothing but HE (RN BBs get a pass somewhat but I still hate RN BBs)

Aircraft Carriers

Wastes fighter squads. Gets their fighters strafe baited. Attacks ships with high AA rating. CV snipes.

So many things that make CV players bad. There's a very thin line where you either be a good CV or a bad CV. It's hard to be on average to say the least. You either suck or git gud with micromanaging.

Most of these can be classified as Braindead. 

For the second line of your Cruiser part, that's why I put the Harassers role since some cruisers really do need those islands more than others.

I agree with the second line of your CV part. 

Sign in to follow this