You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
User_1145141919810

A question about anti-abuse system

20 comments in this topic

[CIRS]
1,199 posts
10,569 battles

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/anti-abuse-system/

Fleeing the Battlefield

No active play for more than 75% of the duration of a battle will be treated as fleeing the battlefield/quitting the battle early (both at your own discretion and in the case of technical failure). Example: a player participates in battle for 7.5 minutes, saves the ship, and leaves the battle before it ends. If the duration of the battle is more than 10 minutes, the player will receive a corresponding warning or even punishment, if there are other violations on the account.

Generally speaking I love this system,but 1 question:

Sometimes player'd ship die early(especially DD),then leave the battlefield to start another game.This is acceptable and does almost no harm to ally.Will this situation be punished?

25 posts
3,686 battles

I'm quite sure that sinking early on and starting another match will not get you punished.

It does say that 'a player participates in battle for 7.5 minutes, saves the ship, and leaves the battle before it ends' after all.

That would mean that only players who left the battle with their ship still afloat could potentially be punished by this system.

Hope this helps : )

Super Tester
3,923 posts
4,198 battles

I'm dying for this to start.    I will be so happy to see people booted out of random battles when they are afk.  I've had at least one a game all night.

I'm sure you wont get booted for dying early.   As the announcement says, "No active play for more than 75%"

1,140 posts
25 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

you cannot have negative karma

NICE!! 

what about those who have game crash during match and log back in after half of match has pass???

when I'm in DD do a steering and switching between gun and torp and zooming at same time, game always crash (w/a/s/d + shift + 1/2/3 = crash!!)

Edited by PGM991

Super Tester
7,759 posts
8,040 battles
19 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

what about those who have game crash during match and log back in after half of match has pass???

Police cannot stop arresting speeding car drivers  just because someone is actually late for office.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,319 posts
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

You will more than likely get a warning if you have no active play for more than 75% of the game.  Continual warnings will see you booted to PVE.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.........

[HMASW]
1,555 posts
2 hours ago, PGM991 said:

NICE!! 

when I'm in DD do a steering and switching between gun and torp and zooming at same time, game always crash (w/a/s/d + shift + 1/2/3 = crash!!)

You would've probably been noticed & sunk by then, so I wouldn't be worried..

Happens to me every now & then..

It would be good to finally weed out these suckers who quit the match because they don't like CVS, or MM, or certain type/tier in the battle...

Ordrazz

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles
8 hours ago, PGM991 said:

NICE!! 

I reinstall ..clean. It fix the problem. something i do after contacting support.

I hope it help - exactly the same problem i faced before

1,140 posts
30 minutes ago, RimauLaut said:

I reinstall ..clean. It fix the problem. something i do after contacting support.

I hope it help - exactly the same problem i faced before

nope, not for me.

it's happened with my old laptop

when I change new one I re-download whole game and still have the same problem. (maybe a problem specific for laptop???)

Super Tester
3,923 posts
4,198 battles
8 hours ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Not that there is anything wrong with that.........

Nope. Not at all..  With players sent to PVE it may reduce the nu,ver of bots in game so there is an upside.  The downside is that the dedicated PVE players now have to put up with ALL the problem children.

[CIRS]
1,199 posts
10,569 battles
13 小時前,RalphTheTheatreCat 說:

Nope. Not at all..  With players sent to PVE it may reduce the nu,ver of bots in game so there is an upside.  The downside is that the dedicated PVE players now have to put up with ALL the problem children.

Actually I don't mind:I can grind more XP and game will be more challenging.Current coop is too easy and get too little XP.

97 posts
14,201 battles
On 4/19/2018 at 8:49 PM, derpcargoship said:

I'm quite sure that sinking early on and starting another match will not get you punished.

Then they need to do something specifically about BOTs and SUICIDING players then.

Had player "CTM21" on my team again tonight. Drives straight towards enemy team and dies. I assume every game.

I checked his stats for the past 7 days - he has played (so far) 966 games. So either definitely a bot or spamming games and making no attempt to play the game properly.

You'd think any reasonable anti-abuse system would detect a player playing hundreds of games every day for less then 3-4 mins per game.

Super Tester
7,759 posts
8,040 battles
20 hours ago, Bunnios said:

Then they need to do something specifically about BOTs and SUICIDING players then.

Had player "CTM21" on my team again tonight. Drives straight towards enemy team and dies. I assume every game.

I checked his stats for the past 7 days - he has played (so far) 966 games. So either definitely a bot or spamming games and making no attempt to play the game properly.

You'd think any reasonable anti-abuse system would detect a player playing hundreds of games every day for less then 3-4 mins per game.

Naming and shaming in forum is prohibited, but recently mods aren't really paying attention. Anyway, please send a replay to support or a mod for investigation, these kinds of players need to be purged from playerbase. 

64 posts
6,625 battles

They still have not explained why they think players are AFK on purpose. There is NO BENEFIT to being AFK. Only people I have seen complaining about others being AFK are cry baby's who are convinced that if only someone wasn't AFK they could have won a game. In fact If you are AFK you loose any %+'s (if first battle), cammos, signals and time. Only time I've been AFK has been when the game crashed. Hell It crashed 3 times while trying to play Bud just today, the last time was so bad I had to restart the system. As for reinstalling, I've done that more than once. Takes hours and doesn't help.

Edited by Capt_Brownpants

1,050 posts
7,768 battles

On Saturday I was logged out of the game at least half a dozen times, I didn’t count. I always logged back in, when I was able to. Sometimes logging back in just didn’t work. I tested my Internet connection, that was OK.

On Sunday morning I saw a message from  WG telling me I had received a team-kill penalty for unsupporting behaviour and that I had to play three co-op games without further violation.

The joke was that in these games I wasted money for flags and camos, plus the frustration to be kicked out. Then WG gave me free extra frustration with this penalty.

I submitted a support ticket, there has to be a way for them to figure out if a player logs out, presses the Escape button, or if the computer drops out of the server.

1,050 posts
7,768 battles

Sometimes you see a low-health ship sitting behind an island.

This may look unsupporting, but if that is a battleship and he comes out and is killed, this points balance is shifted in favour of the enemy team by 100 points, because we lose 40 points and the enemy team gains 60.

This may change which team wins the battle.

So that battleship may be unsupporting, or it may be smart.

Same with a deplaned carrier. He could just hide and wait for the end of the game, or come out and shift the points balance by 110 points.

331 posts
7,045 battles
1 hour ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Sometimes you see a low-health ship sitting behind an island.

This may look unsupporting, but if that is a battleship and he comes out and is killed, this points balance is shifted in favour of the enemy team by 100 points, because we lose 40 points and the enemy team gains 60.

This may change which team wins the battle.

So that battleship may be unsupporting, or it may be smart.

Same with a deplaned carrier. He could just hide and wait for the end of the game, or come out and shift the points balance by 110 points.

This is also very important. Playing smart cannot be misconstrued as unsporting team play. I wonder how the game interprets the difference, or if its just based on how many people are quick to hit the "Report" key, and also if you are able to appeal against the infraction imposed. 

1,050 posts
7,768 battles
2 minutes ago, Kamanah said:

This is also very important. Playing smart cannot be misconstrued as unsporting team play. I wonder how the game interprets the difference, or if its just based on how many people are quick to hit the "Report" key, and also if you are able to appeal against the infraction imposed. 

I don’t think the game can discern the difference at this stage.

And I hope that player reports have nothing to do with it. There are too many players getting frustrated and give negative reports to everybody. Using that for ‘karma’, fair enough, but this should not lead to bans or punishments.