Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
anonym_2EFpjvgfY2gu

Ships stuck on rocks

6 comments in this topic

33 posts

3 times, twice in game and once on PTS, my ship (dd's) has hit an island and gotten stuck. It will move slightly forward and move slightly back but no matter what I do with speed and rudder, it will not dislodge (10 minutes trying ! ). It's the end of my game.

The ships have been sideways to the island, never 'bow to' or 'stern to'.

Is this a "run aground" feature? 'cause I'm not prepared to just sit out the game, I will flee the game.

Pics from latest (in PTS).

wows dd stuck s.jpg

wows dd stuck r.jpg

Edited by anonym_2EFpjvgfY2gu
replace pic

156 posts
4,055 battles

I have seen this happen to some players in  my team only a couple of times but never happened to me. There are certain formations of islands which "trap" you into it, meaning if you are deft enough to fit your ship into the gap you might have trouble coming out. But from the looks of your screenshots, there doesn't seem to be any land mass towards the aft end of the ship. 

350 posts

On 4/16/2018 at 8:12 PM, Jay_Smif said:

3 times, twice in game and once on PTS, my ship (dd's) has hit an island and gotten stuck. It will move slightly forward and move slightly back but no matter what I do with speed and rudder, it will not dislodge (10 minutes trying ! ). It's the end of my game.

The ships have been sideways to the island, never 'bow to' or 'stern to'.

Is this a "run aground" feature? 'cause I'm not prepared to just sit out the game, I will flee the game.

Pics from latest (in PTS).

wows dd stuck s.jpg

wows dd stuck r.jpg

Although I doubt that this game has a hidden run aground feature, but I've experienced the very same thing before in which I could not move at all. What I did was rock the ship (slightly fore and slightly aft) or the a single touch of the W and S keys one after the other so I was able to get out. Too bad, the game is pretty much over when I did. 

33 posts
On 4/17/2018 at 12:47 AM, Anger_Lehner said:

I have seen this happen to some players in  my team only a couple of times but never happened to me. There are certain formations of islands which "trap" you into it, meaning if you are deft enough to fit your ship into the gap you might have trouble coming out. But from the looks of your screenshots, there doesn't seem to be any land mass towards the aft end of the ship. 

No land mass immediately behind dd.

33 posts
18 hours ago, Sting_Ray_05 said:

Although I doubt that this game has a hidden run aground feature, but I've experienced the very same thing before in which I could not move at all. What I did was rock the ship (slightly fore and slightly aft) or the a single touch of the W and S keys one after the other so I was able to get out. Too bad, the game is pretty much over when I did. 

Many times, whilst turning hard, I will sideslap a dd into an island and get stuck, but it usually takes moving the rudder + forward/reverse and will be off in 6 or 7 moves at worst. Often the ships (all kinds) will just slide past but at a severely reduced speed.

This is  S T U C K ....

350 posts
1 hour ago, Jay_Smif said:

Many times, whilst turning hard, I will sideslap a dd into an island and get stuck, but it usually takes moving the rudder + forward/reverse and will be off in 6 or 7 moves at worst. Often the ships (all kinds) will just slide past but at a severely reduced speed.

This is  S T U C K ....

That's even funnier if you've the Kongou stock on an isle. One really big target for tbe enemy ships to torp at leisure. 

Sign in to follow this