Sign in to follow this  
BristolBrick

Accidentally Torpedoed Friendly

4 comments in this topic

28 posts
784 battles

Was sailing a fancy new G-101, me and another destroyer are close and pushing, I then see an enemy something, and decide why not launch a torpedo from here? Won't do any harm. But immediately I see my mistake, as the other guy is sailing parallel and slightly behind me. Oops. I score 2 hits, he dies, and I go on to get slaughtered on my own. Immediately apologized in chat, because it was entirely my fault and I was being careless. Hopefully I'll learn to be careful with torpedoes. I'm new to this destroyer thing, mainly play battleships, which I learned pretty good trigger discipline on. That would have stopped me torpedoing a friendly, except I forgot torpedoes don't go nearly so fast.

75 posts
2,648 battles

this happened to me last night, we were in a channel and I fired from the right hand side (DD) and his DD was ahead, but way off to the port quarter... but then he came straight across the path... boom. :etc_swear: I apologised in chat but guess that wasn't enough, he rocked past me and let rip with a salvo!!  its going to happen occasionally, but that didn't help the team any.:Smile_hiding:

Sign in to follow this