Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ellofiend

Most hits in a game possible theory

6 comments in this topic

283 posts
3,436 battles

Just wondering which ship has the best combination of RoF and SpM (lol)

Currently, the Gearing I configured for the best possible reload on PTS has a base reload of 2.4 seconds but adrenaline rush can get that down to 1.92 seconds (!) on 0% hp a.k.a less than 97 hp. Yueyang is exactly the same but to get 0% you are required to have less than 92.5 hp. Akizuki has a base of 2.7 seconds because of its inability to mount the main battery modification 3 module otherwise it would be down to 2.376, slightly faster than Yueyang and Gearing which with adrenaline rush can be brought down to 1.9008 seconds (with mb3)  or (as you cannot actually mount the mb3 mod) 2.16 seconds. Now the last contender for most shells is the Atlanta, where the base is a 4.5 second reload and with adrenaline rush that can be seen to be 3.6 seconds at less than 137.5 hp (100% hp lost) 

Now for shells

Atlanta can fire 16 shells at once and at 3.6 seconds that is 266.67 shells a minute

Akizuki can fire 8 shells at once and at 2.16 seconds that is 222.2 shells a minute

Gearing/Yueyang can fire 6 shells at once and at 1.92 seconds that is 187.5 shells a minute

Edit: I forgot Minotaur, can fire 10 shells at once and at 2.336 seconds per round, that is 256.849315 shells per minute which puts it at the top of the free food chain but still below Atlanta by one salvo per minute or 200 shells per 20 minute battle

So by 44.47 SpM the Atlanta can fire the most shells in the game possible and if it fired constantly from the first second to the last at less than 137.5hp, all battle, then you could achieve 5333.4 hits(but alas, you cannot hit an enemy within 1-2 minutes of the battle or be on 0% health as soon as battle starts. The best possible situation would be to have a high-speed cruiser such as the Henri IV being played by a friend, charge straight towards you from the other side of the map (as no dd I know has 13.334 minimum concealment) Caculate how long it would take an Atlanta shell being fired to 13.334kms and then take the speed of the Henri IV and convert it to km/s and times it by the seconds it takes an Atlanta shell to reach 13.334 and add it to the 13.334 so you know exactly when to fire to get the best possible hits. Try and get a friendly cv on your team and get them to flood you with torps, use dmg ctrl and then get them to set you on fire, do this while on the way to the Henri and try to get to less than 137.5 hp so as to maximise your adrenaline rush ability. When you get in range of the Henri, or whatever, open fire ASAP and try not to kill them as fast as possible (tell the Henri to angle and shoot AP) and aim for the belt with HE when broadside in the middle of the map, get the Henri to reverse back to the stationary bots and once the Henri is dead, engageth the battleships with your ap and use dmg saturation to keep hitting the target without taking away their hp thus letting you earn the ribbons while not having to waste valuable time changing target. If any of you can do this, tell me how this works for you as I do not have the Atlanta. Just a thought, open to suggestions and opinions to maximise the number of shells you can hit in a controlled battle. Does the speed of ships correctly relate to the scale of the map? Some ships you seem to be able to go 1 kilometre in 30 seconds which does not seem realistic to me, and the map sizes do not seem to corrolate, can anyone confirm or tell me how I can calculate map distances and how long it takes a ship to get somewhere? If the speed and map distances are not realistic then basic methods of mathematical problem solving are rendered ineffective, anyone care to help me out? Thankyou

Edited by ellofiend

1,091 posts
7,749 battles

Well, if you count secondaries. then alsace take the win

You have 100mm secondaries (12 of them with 2gun each) that Pew2 every 2.8 second. if you took Secondary modification and BFT it equal -30%. you add maxed adrenalin rush with those unique french comander then add -24% more.

Then you have 24 shell gotting pew pew-ed every 1.3s. Thats like  around 1.100 shells every min alone lol

283 posts
3,436 battles

The best I have managed so far, took about 10 seconds away to launch some torps and then accidentally set their point to zero with about 2 minutes to go so 3000 is easy, but how much further is possible?

5ad51829d7657_29143000potential.thumb.PNG.fb54cbccd5bc2318fcc7e87475e411f0.PNG

Sign in to follow this