Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Felli_Cross

I just found the tankiest ship of all

5 comments in this topic

7 posts
2,708 battles

So, I don't know if fletcher is supposed to be as tank as the yamato who can catch 6 torps from my udaloi and the 7th one killed him + 2 full salvos of HE (8 Hits and 2 fires) 
I launch the torps from 3km-ish and moving away from me, its impossible for him to defuse the torps and 7 torp hits ribbon appeared 

Beta Tester
359 posts
7,428 battles

Damage saturation occurs when a ship segment has absorbed the maximum amount of damage it can take. So it's possible that any ship can take six or more torpedoes and not sink so long as all the damage is confined to the one segment. it sounds like the Fletcher was turning and most of the torps hit one segment of the ship either the bow or stern but the 7th torp hit a separate segment say the mid section of the ship and that was enough to sink him.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

i once eat 8 torpedoes with my kagerou from another kagerou in point blank range, survive with 20% hp

both of us stop shooting for 10 seconds, wondering how the heck is that happened
saturated area is where the area is so badly damaged that it is no longer relevant to the ship floating capability

but well WG logic, the ship still can float and go full speed anyway XD

Edited by Harpoon01

Sign in to follow this