Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

ultimate frontier failure

108 comments in this topic

1,004 posts
11,871 battles

WG make changes to this operation? keep failing many many times or best 3 stars

last part they throw a huge wave of ships that its so hard to stop them, worst the bots is super accurate and they set anything on fire

even a div of saipan, atlanta and belfast cant complete the operation

a big middle for us to stop abusing the operation or simply just very bad players? lol 

4 posts
2,699 battles

I have played Ultimate Frontier about 10 times in the past few days, with just one 5 star win, several partial wins, and a few total fails.

The scenario is winnable, but requires everyone on the team to play well, and back each other up.

A mix of battleships and cruisers seems to work.

231 posts
11,913 battles

Actually dds work well too if they knew their roles properly(quickly despatch BB's and smoke cruisers) and the rest of the team knows what to focus on. if you see 2 bbs heading to kill north atlanta, you know you're probably not gonna have a win. :cap_old:

364 posts
3,693 battles

Yes. I try it. Wg did tune the level.

Stupid insane amount of ships like 4 to 1 ship against you shooting HE. And you catch fire easily like hell.

And if you shoot them or use torp against them they could invade easily. It really LOL LOL LOL

Edited by th3vikings

1,004 posts
11,871 battles
2 hours ago, ArchillesBORP said:

I have played Ultimate Frontier about 10 times in the past few days, with just one 5 star win, several partial wins, and a few total fails.

The scenario is winnable, but requires everyone on the team to play well, and back each other up.

A mix of battleships and cruisers seems to work.

only once 5 star yday and the rest is 3 star or complete fail

53 minutes ago, Lowyat said:

Actually dds work well too if they knew their roles properly(quickly despatch BB's and smoke cruisers) and the rest of the team knows what to focus on. if you see 2 bbs heading to kill north atlanta, you know you're probably not gonna have a win. :cap_old:

torp boat or hybrid works, i play dd at the start i go left and torp them while the rest go hunt cleveland and atlanta

33 minutes ago, th3vikings said:

Yes. I try it. Wg did tune the level.

Stupid insane amount of ships like 4 to 1 ship against you shooting HE. And you catch fire easily like hell.

And if you shoot them or use torp against them they could invade easily. It really LOL LOL LOL

the bots like have 100% fire chance and super accuracy lol

looks like operation is gone now, WG is not letting us having some good times anymore lol

364 posts
3,693 battles
48 minutes ago, ahwai82 said:

torp boat or hybrid works, i play dd at the start i go left and torp them while the rest go hunt cleveland and atlanta

looks like operation is gone now, WG is not letting us having some good times anymore lol

Of course. Free xp is money to WG. So if the scenario are easy, you just spam flags with 100% - 200% for first win. You can gain tremendous amount of free xp this way.

To WG it a lost of money and income to them if everyone spam like this. Everyone can get lot of free xp this way. You can link it easily if you think carefully.

Super Tester
7,746 posts
8,040 battles
23 minutes ago, th3vikings said:

Of course. Free xp is money to WG. So if the scenario are easy, you just spam flags with 100% - 200% for first win. You can gain tremendous amount of free xp this way.

To WG it a lost of money and income to them if everyone spam like this. Everyone can get lot of free xp this way. You can link it easily if you think carefully.

Same reason narai is gone... Sadsadsadsadsadsadsad....

364 posts
3,693 battles

WG sure to denied they never tune. Same for the daily boxes they say not tune down the drop rates for sc. How can it be!!! It such a great difference even donkeys can see it!

It been 4 month i not received any sc! I don't want to trash WG openly in forums but they always giving me the chance. 

If you tune anything just admit it. Last time i used to play wow everydays and usually 3hr. Now? Not even 1hr... It getting more and more frustrating to play wow now. So i played other games.

Edited by th3vikings

[LBAS]
4,579 posts
25,995 battles

last night 16 battles and I saw these

CL: first salvo 2 fire, next 1 fire and next 1 fire >> Damage Control >> next salvo 2 fire and next 1 fire << 7 fire less than 2m << its look like 90% chance of fire?

gun extremely accurate most of salvo hit in mid of ship << 3.0 sigma?

DD : shell always land to my ship no matter how you dodge << 4 guns 4 shells << 3/4 hit and look like no dispersion 3 shells land in 1 place

chance of fire same as CL but less than 1 fire , first salvo 1 fire, next fire, next 1 fire, next no fire

all of them have max skill plus full signals and camo << look at our AOBA << no camo no signals << fair or not << if WeeGee say it fairs << only stupid one will say it fairs

Edited by MatterCore

35 posts
11,155 battles
1 hour ago, ahwai82 said:

it's because these computer AI can hit you with almost 100% accuracy these AI calculate  your speed and turning angle very very easy because they are computers. Unlike a human cannot hit you accurately if you dodge chance your speed. So, that's why it makes the mission cannot be complete and no ship can hold more than 2 mins when they are concentrated fired by  a huge wave of AI bots. I was going to do this mission to train my CO but always fail only one success with a 3 star so waste almost all of my dragon flags. I think the only way is all ships in a team need to take damage for each other specially BBs. but base on these battles yesterday, these selfish people who stay behind the island beside the repair base to spam and help others are everywhere. When all team members sunk these cowards are still full HP and executed by AI bots sad:(.

[LBAS]
4,579 posts
25,995 battles

Ultimate Frontier is not the only 1

Aegis had same over buff since 0.7.0

Ishizuchi shoot HE << never seen before

Aoba Myoko and Furutaka got huge buff with HE >> each salvo make 1 fire plus massive damage even bow tank, about 2~3k per salvo

next thing is AA << max range and max AA damage << rarely see CV

354 posts
9,048 battles

They're even making it harder to get a few special flags on PT the last few patches.

If they get too mean about these things, they may discourage their established player base and start to lose them.

70 posts
3,193 battles
2 hours ago, th3vikings said:

As hard as it is to admit, this is very much true. Operation Narai was just too easy, and hence it was abused. Ultimate Frontier is still achievable for 5 stars as long as the team does their roles properly.

1,388 posts
9,082 battles

Yup WG definitely raised the difficulty for this one. I noticed several changes for this one.

To get a star, you now need to save 3 forts, previously it was just 2 forts.

The enemy Cleveland sometimes spawns further up now at where the Atlanta and Omaha usually spawn. This means that the Aoba will most likely lose unless someone goes to help it.

The earlier enemy spawns also seem to be delayed a little so they would coincide with the later waves. If you don't proactively move out and defeat the enemy quickly, they will build up into one big wave and just overwhelm you. Camping in the repair zone like what people tend to do will result in a loss or at least losing one star as the bots will just burn down 2 forts.

Oh and lastly the bots know how to change shell types more often now. Was pretty surprised when an enemy cruiser used AP against my BB after setting me on fire. Previously they would only do this against cruisers.

Edited by Thyaliad

364 posts
3,693 battles
49 minutes ago, DFaultPlayR69 said:

As hard as it is to admit, this is very much true. Operation Narai was just too easy, and hence it was abused. Ultimate Frontier is still achievable for 5 stars as long as the team does their roles properly.

It even difficuit when the team co op closely. The bots are simply too accurate and almost 9 out of 10 shots fired cause fires. The bots can even evade torps and shots at impossible angle. 

If you want to tune it WG, tune at moderate pace and not tune all the way to the hardest. Middle finger to u

349 posts
4,853 battles

General consensus on Reddit is that WG overcompensated for Narai and made Frontier too hard.

Apparently buried in 7.3 patch notes is a statement to the effect that the bot AI was "fixed" to meet the original intent of the designers.

364 posts
3,693 battles

come WG i clab for u, u did a wonderful job tunning the level to the max

just now i was playing again (really got outnumbered) i even got citadel dmg each time i turn broadside from the bot BB.

(100% fire chance,  100% hit, 100% citadel dmg, the bot have very high chance of evade torps and hits, what else? )

job well done WG,  well done i must say !

Untitled.png

Edited by th3vikings

283 posts
3,689 battles

Well, clearly the intent of the designers was to be rid of their player base! I loved this game when I first started playing, now with even scenarios becoming too hard, I am becoming more and more frustrated with the way things are going, the only thing going for it is the amount of time I have invested (that may become irrelevant) and the graphics/display of ww2 ships

Alpha Tester
392 posts

I'd suggest avoiding Ultimate Frontier for the time being if I were you. Just open the divisions/clan channel and look for a team to play Operation Aegis instead.

348 posts
10,858 battles

The teamplay also goes downhill. Some will go yolo hunt the cv early in the game.

Its so frustrating when u see ur team die so early.

[KGHSF]
3,249 posts
6,186 battles

Everything going to perverse Since Defense the Port,Aegis,Save the Ranger

:Smile_facepalm: 

Edited by THAI_THIEF

40 posts

With all the positive feedback that operations received, it was only a matter of time before WG ruined them with what they consider to be fun & engaging gameplay. :cap_wander:

Sign in to follow this