You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Biggusdoggus

When a bundle doesn't include what it says it does

14 comments in this topic

7 posts
1,158 battles

Hi all

I'm after a consensus please.

I bought a "Return of the Collection Bundle", primarily because I wanted the two permanent camos it says it includes.

The specific wording of it (which you can see in the premium shop yourselves in the special offers) is "Earn two permanent camos with a Big Collection Container...". 

I spent my money, and received a bunch of random flags and a couple of temporary camos. No permanent camos.

So I logged a ticket. The first response I got was that I can't trade what I receive in random packages. Since they had clearly missed the point, I responded saying I didn't want to trade, I just wanted what I had paid for.

Their latest (and, most likely, final) response was "The Return of the Collection bundle is consists of 5 Bismarck boxes. It does not include 2 permanent camos as you claimed. It says "Earn two permanent camos with a Big Collection Container.." As description indicated, you may earn two permanent camos from those containers. It does not indicate that the bundle includes two permanent camos."

So.....

Am I completely off base here? I would like to think I have a pretty good grasp of the english language - when a description says "Earn" something, I expect to get it. And their final response reinforces that - saying that "earning" something means that you "MAY earn something" completely contradicts itself. In my view, "earning" something DOES indicate that it includes something.

Begin...

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,907 posts
4,190 battles
3 minutes ago, Biggusdoggus said:

Am I completely off base here? I would like to think I have a pretty good grasp of the english language - when a description says "Earn" something, I expect to get it. And their final response reinforces that - saying that "earning" something means that you "MAY earn something" completely contradicts itself. In my view, "earning" something DOES indicate that it includes something.

Begin...

yeap....you got what you paid for

Earn two permanent camos with a Big Collection Container holding a random collectible with extra surprise goodies like special Signal Flags or consumable camo!

7 posts
1,158 battles
3 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

yeap....you got what you paid for

Earn two permanent camos with a Big Collection Container holding a random collectible with extra surprise goodies like special Signal Flags or consumable camo!

Hold on - read what you have just posted. You have highlighted the word "random", which is fine, but immediately after that it says "collectible". So, it still says earn two perm camos with a Big Container holding a random collectible...!

23 posts
10,959 battles

Biggusdoggus' interpretation actually doesn't seem that torturous of the words - I could see why a prospective customer would think that the camos will be received as a result of buying the containers in the bundle.  

Or is the case that at this time there is still another way he can acquire the camos ?

2,247 posts
13,931 battles

I agree. Totally misleading. Item clearly says

Earn two permanent camos with a Big Collection Container

the EU site is better, but still not on point as I think you could easily interpret it as those 5 crates being all that would be required

If you never finished hunting for Bismarck, now's your chance to complete the Bismarck collection! Grab 5 Bismarck Boxes today to finish what you started.

NA is better again, clearly stating you only have a chance to complete it, although if you need more than 10 that chance is 0%

Get another chance to complete your “Hunt for Bismarck” Collection with a shipment of Bismarck Containers!

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,907 posts
4,190 battles

Fair assessment.   I guess my view is skewed because I was aware of the rules for obtaining the camo.  having seen the other servers interpretation I can see why Biggus is upset.

7 posts
1,158 battles

Thanks guys. That makes me feel a little better, at least.

In the end, they're not budging, I'm not getting any permanent camos.  Will make me think twice about any future packages I may buy, that's for sure!

1,078 posts
3,884 battles

Biggusdoggus,you should reply to them that they need to make it VERY clear on the purchase page what you are actually getting and how the award of the camo works.This is a typical example of the poor english wording that can happen on the ASIA portal.

Like Ralph I knew what it means from the original running of those missions,but can see how other may not.

2,247 posts
13,931 battles
1 hour ago, BanditSE1977 said:

Biggusdoggus,you should reply to them that they need to make it VERY clear on the purchase page what you are actually getting and how the award of the camo works.This is a typical example of the poor english wording that can happen on the ASIA portal.

Like Ralph I knew what it means from the original running of those missions,but can see how other may not.

Same.

Thing is even if you research it it is misleading. Take this line for example from https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/unsinkable-sam/

Each container contains two items from the “Hunt for Bismarck” collection.

and here is the accompanying graphic which precedes it further up the page

19cbf2e4-ebf0-11e7-81d1-ac162d8bc1e4.gif 

which clearly shows only 1 item from the "Hunt for Bismark" collection. :Smile_amazed:

7 posts
1,158 battles

I agree. I went back to them saying I completely disagreed with their argument, making the point that "Earn two permanent camos..." is nothing like "You MAY earn two permanent camos...".

I got the stock "Sorry for the disappointment...." and, you have to laugh at this, "we can only hope that despite any negative experiences you have had that you continue to enjoy playing World of Tanks Blitz..."

So I closed the ticket and have moved on with my life (my therapist is confident I can do so, at least) as I am clearly not going to make any impact on them.

Edited by Biggusdoggus

1,078 posts
3,884 battles
22 hours ago, keskparane said:

Same.

Thing is even if you research it it is misleading. Take this line for example from https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/unsinkable-sam/

and here is the accompanying graphic which precedes it further up the page

19cbf2e4-ebf0-11e7-81d1-ac162d8bc1e4.gif 

which clearly shows only 1 item from the "Hunt for Bismark" collection. :Smile_amazed:

WG: Working as intended!  :D

1,078 posts
3,884 battles
9 hours ago, Biggusdoggus said:

I agree. I went back to them saying I completely disagreed with their argument, making the point that "Earn two permanent camos..." is nothing like "You MAY earn two permanent camos...".

I got the stock "Sorry for the disappointment...." and, you have to laugh at this, "we can only hope that despite any negative experiences you have had that you continue to enjoy playing World of Tanks Blitz..."

So I closed the ticket and have moved on with my life (my therapist is confident I can do so, at least) as I am clearly not going to make any impact on them.

WG using the same customer support service as Australia's Telstra telephone company confirmed!

That sound just like the 'fun' a co-worker is having trying to get his broadband fixed at the moment.