You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ordrazz

Playing the map Esturary is bleeping rediculous !! *RANT*

45 comments in this topic

1,443 posts

the damn invisibility of the enemy ships, is so goddamn ridiculous, when there is NO SMOKE, & they are in range, & had other ships within my range, so the enemy ships should've been spotted........    get this... they are VISIBLE BEHIND mountains, but invisible OUT IN THE OPEN?????    

even after they fire, THEY ARE STILL INVISIBLE !!

I know, you'll say... pics please, or our team mate wasn't close enough to spot, or there wasn't line of sight, or i must be mistaken,  bla bla bla etc etc etc.....    & even my div mates saw it, but still I have to say it, because other maps, most of the ships are not almost permanently invisible during the whole match, except in this map !!!!

/fuming

Ordrazz

Super Tester
232 posts
3,907 battles

>I know, you'll say... pics please, or our team mate wasn't close enough to spot, or there wasn't line of sight, or i must be mistaken

Please provide a picture, so we can see what is actually occuring. We cant say anything about what's going on without actually seeing the situation as its happening at the time.

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles

@Ordrazz, I don't think it's tied to the map, it's the player who know how to do this things. Especially with slow shells.

Let me explain, you know the current max spotting range is your max firing range. Now lets say I'm playing Atlanta which has 14 km range. If I shoot max range, it takes around 10s (just example) to reach. Now you are chasing me, I am running away. I can always shoot at 14 km when you are at 15 km, and by the time you reach within 14 km, my shells hit you, but remember I was moving away? You never get into my detection range.

It's all about mechanics man. Whether you can utilize it or not is up to player skills. I don't see why would anyone even try to rant against a smarter player.

203 posts
11,785 battles

Don't forget your "spotting checkpoint" is also around the middle of your ship.
So it is possible to peek the corner with either side of your armament to shoot without getting spotted.
Combine this with the derpy island hit detection (both to ships and armament projectiles) it is safe to say you could run into such situation ....ALOT.

On another note though I've been noticing something like this as well I don't know If its because I'm lagging, desync or something.
I run into a situation where I know I will get spotted when I fire because well I have a line of sight on the enemy within my range and yet my position is not reveal to the enemy when I take the shot.
Maybe its because of the dynamic weather change affecting the gameplay (in space mode) I don't notice this part sadly I didn't pay enough attention during that time.

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles

Lag has always been an issue. There's always 1 or 2 seconds delay. Not just in SEA server. Was watching Flambass the other day. Enemy BB shells were almost halfway before the said BB became visible.

This sux. But I don't think op was talking about this. I'm sure it was the case of max spotting range exploit.

2,175 posts
13,489 battles

Here's a vid I made that shows it happening (but from the other side). I was the one who should have been spotted. You can see the Fletcher is clearly within range. You can also see him smoke up at the end which indicates he wasn't in smoke before that.

293 posts
4,416 battles
4 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

even after they fire, THEY ARE STILL INVISIBLE !! [..] other maps, most of the ships are not almost permanently invisible during the whole match, except in this map !!!!

/fuming

Ordrazz

Wow @Ordrazz I don't think I've seen you upset like this before. I seem to end up on Estuary a lot and I can't say I've noticed it especially. The widely spaced islands mean one does end up sniping the enemy from near max range more often perhaps than on other maps though, which might be a contributing factor. It's certainly a map where I tend to use my ship's concealment distance to maximum effect.

[SIF]
34 posts
3,211 battles

Thank you Ordrazz. This has happened a number of times to me as well. I thought it may be a new type of captain addition. Picture this: in open ocean, in IRON DUKE at 8K range of a CV about to shoot and CV disappeares.

30 sec. appears again. Happened 3 times in that game and had it happen in other Random games also not just with CVs but with BBs and CLs and they were not behind islands either but in the open and in range of a shot.

Every time directly in front and cannot be seen either in zoom or non-zoom. It's a strange one alright.

980 posts
12,617 battles

Estuary is a great map. 

It is the player, not the map, that failed in this case. 

In all my games on any map I have literally never seen a ship fire from stealth when they shouldn't have. 

@Ordrazz Please stop blaming these phantom game mechanics you invented to conveniently justify your failures. It's getting really boring. 

1,443 posts

yes, I am the one making the ships invisible when they should be visible, yes, i am the one making my div mates see things exactly the same way as i do, making the enemy ships appear invisible to them as well, yes, i am the one making my team lose , because i make all the ships invisible to them as well... (even when i wasn't talking about a losing game)

i use my special magic powers, to make every game i play lose, i effect team mates, i effect div mates, i effect game mechanics, i effect the way the whole game is perceived by other individual people who dont even live in the same country as i do...... 

i wasn't going on about the actual map layout itself, just the invisibility factor in it, of ships that should be visible but are not, even when i am visible to the enemy, but i don't expect you to believe me........ but I'll just put it here anyway, just in case there are decent, realistic players reading.........

if you find me so boring, @LordTyphoon then just close your eyes & go back to sleep, & don't bother responding with your troll opinions.

Ordrazz

1,443 posts
4 hours ago, Zeni_th said:

Thank you Ordrazz. This has happened a number of times to me as well. I thought it may be a new type of captain addition. Picture this: in open ocean, in IRON DUKE at 8K range of a CV about to shoot and CV disappeares.

30 sec. appears again. Happened 3 times in that game and had it happen in other Random games also not just with CVs but with BBs and CLs and they were not behind islands either but in the open and in range of a shot.

Every time directly in front and cannot be seen either in zoom or non-zoom. It's a strange one alright.

CVs are a tiny bit different, because they usually have a bit more concealment than a battleship, so im not too worried if that happens when im chasing or shooting at one....... but certainly battleships, & to a lesser extent, cruisers....  because again, cruisers & especially destroyers, have more concealment than battleships....

Ordrazz

980 posts
12,617 battles
1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

just in case there are decent, realistic players reading....... 

Please define 'decent, realistic players'. 

These are the underlying themes for every single one of your posts on this forum:

- I'm being invisifired? Must be the map's fault. The map doesn't suit me. All maps should give BBabies an advantage. 

- I get torpedo by a DD? Ah, DDs are OP, please nerf. 

- I am a decent player with horrible stats. Because stats don't mean anything, potatos can have unicum stats too.  Because reasons. 

- You disagree with me? Ah, you must be a troll, I am always right. 

- Players with good stats aren't doing anything right, don't listen to them, they only get good stats because of RNG. 

- My opinions are always right. It doesn't have to be based on facts. Anyone with a conflicting opinion is wrong. 

It is NEVER EVER your fault. You are NEVER wrong. 

??? 

Edited by LordTyphoon

Beta Tester
596 posts
6,666 battles
4 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

In all my games on any map I have literally never seen a ship fire from stealth when they shouldn't have.

Nor have I.

The OP does not fully grasp the concealment rules that apply to the game, and then blames the game for his lack of understanding. 

@Ordrazz, there is nothing wrong with being not fully aware of every mechanic in the game.  There are many complicated mechanics.  If you see something that doesn't make sense, it's completely reasonable to ask a question on the forums so other players can help you out.  Undoubtedly if you aren't sure of what's going on, there will be plenty of other players out there who also don't understand that particular mechanic, and then everyone reading the thread will learn something. Posting barely understandable rants will not get you much in the way of positive responses however.

588 posts
2,994 battles

Keep it civil fellow captains - remember us mods are always watching :)

Image result for I'm watching you meme

And in all seriousness, we would need to see a replay or screen shots to realistically tell you what happened @Ordrazz without it I fear you'll be hard pressed to prove any point. 

I've also never experienced what your referring too, and the few times i've thought something strange happened, upon review of the replay I've realized that I was just unaware of the battle

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles

Some of us (me, miku, kesk) already explained above how this could be achieved in any map (since we did some invisifire too, but there are certain circumstances). It's either cause of concealment range exploit, or a smoke screen separating the line of sight where no spotter plane up there to see behind, or, sometimes due to ping delays.

Ordrazz chose to ignore these inputs. @tc1259.

Sad to hear that we aren't decent, realistic players.

312 posts
6,806 battles

Sort of related, why does it take so long for then enemy ship target thing to come up after the enemy ship has appeared on the minimap (well within your firing range)? Like he will pop up atfer firing but it takes forever sometimes for the targeting circle to appear around him.

156 posts
4,055 battles

It does takes the game engine 2-3 seconds to render a detected target to pop up on the screen from the time he pops up on minimap or from the time he fired at someone with direct line of sight. Same holds true when you radar someone within smoke. Is this dependent on the processing power of your PC like the CPU/GPU/RAM or your internet connection and ping rate? Meaning the time delay is more for someone than others? Or is it a universal thing? 

Also, in my experience the targeting circle on any newly popped up target does not appear immediately in case you have someone in near vicinity already targeted. In such case I actively press select target 'X' key (default) to target the desired ship. Same happens when you try to switch targets between very closely spaced enemy ships. 

312 posts
6,806 battles

When the enemy ships are close together its instant, its only when a ship pops up at longer range that it takes a while to target it.

455 posts
8,034 battles
1 hour ago, dieselhead said:

Sort of related, why does it take so long for then enemy ship target thing to come up after the enemy ship has appeared on the minimap (well within your firing range)? Like he will pop up atfer firing but it takes forever sometimes for the targeting circle to appear around him.

Yeah that is an issue many players have complained to wg about. We'll see if they change it. Its pretty annoying when a bb shoots at you and you don't have any idea as he doesn't pop up till his shells are halfway to your position