You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

Maybe ill quit this game

31 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,539 battles

This is the last straw,  im dead tired having to reset after every 3 damn game i played in WoWS and leaving the game to buy a snack pretty much mean having to reset the PC. 

Performance drop is so awful. The game take deep drop in fps for no damn reason,  esp on high tier game with moar ships. Even though it load fine b4. 

Also the weird freaking ids-title whatever on the load screen that refuse to load for 5 minutes.  I almost always late into the game,  never could load while the 30s is ticking after this patch. 

The glitch and ui pause is also annoying as hell. 

So can they fix it already like the vids say or ill go say goodbye ?  So irritated

364 posts
3,693 battles
1 hour ago, legionary2099 said:

This is the last straw,  im dead tired having to reset after every 3 damn game i played in WoWS and leaving the game to buy a snack pretty much mean having to reset the PC. 

Performance drop is so awful. The game take deep drop in fps for no damn reason,  esp on high tier game with moar ships. Even though it load fine b4. 

Also the weird freaking ids-title whatever on the load screen that refuse to load for 5 minutes.  I almost always late into the game,  never could load while the 30s is ticking after this patch. 

So can they fix it already like the vids say or ill go say goodbye ?  So irritated

What your pc specs? Before the patch there issue like fps drop and sudden hang. But after patch its ok. 

Beta Tester
926 posts
15,475 battles

Its your computer. 

No problems after they fixed the performance bug. 

If its taking you 5 mins to load, i suggest you get an SSD. 

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,539 battles
Just now, th3vikings said:

What your pc specs? Before the patch there issue like fps drop and sudden hang. But after patch its ok. 

My rig is 6 years old , use G2120 CPU ( yep , that bad ) and a HD 6670 card with 2gb of DDR3 + 4 gb ram.

Before , i could always atleast load when the 30s is ticking near 0 or atleast 10 -20s in , now good luck if i can load within 2 minute

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,539 battles
Just now, SlamUez said:

Its your computer. 

No problems after they fixed the performance bug. 

If its taking you 5 mins to load, i suggest you get an SSD. 

Before the patch , i could always get into the game on time , or a few second in waiting on average , which is fine , np. Now GGWP welp

[LN]
154 posts
10,263 battles

1. Check your internet, consider change the DNS to the latest CloudFlare one: 1.1.1.1, I used to have the same problem like "IDS_TITLE" and be the last one log into the game but its gone for good now.
2. Try lower your graphic setting.
3. Consider upgrade some parts of your rig that you can afford such as RAM or hard drive, and dont open WOWS with your Browser like Chrome simultaneously, it sure helps alot

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,539 battles

Edit , during that freaking 5 minute , the loadbar always full out after 30 s-2min , but it wont exit the loadscreen and refuse to let me get into the game.

I could see ships moving around on the loading screen minimap, sometimes sound would play but i cant freaking get into the battle.

Then the map  name change to IDS_title or whatever , then gg few minute later i get into the game when half my team are gone.

129 posts
12 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

My rig is 6 years old , use G2120 CPU ( yep , that bad ) and a HD 6670 card with 2gb of DDR3 + 4 gb ram.

Before , i could always atleast load when the 30s is ticking near 0 or atleast 10 -20s in , now good luck if i can load within 2 minute

carefull bro, if you still use old harddisk (more than 3 years) consider to back up everything. before my hardisk blown up, its become more laggy and slow in the game. howling sheet, if i know about this problem earlier..... thanks to that i need to download again all my online game -_- 

also its time to change everything, sometimes replace 1 by 1 hardware wont solve the issue because bottleneck.

well, i am not expert too..... my friend did it :V

1,384 posts
9,060 battles
8 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Edit , during that freaking 5 minute , the loadbar always full out after 30 s-2min , but it wont exit the loadscreen and refuse to let me get into the game.

I could see ships moving around on the loading screen minimap, sometimes sound would play but i cant freaking get into the battle.

Then the map  name change to IDS_title or whatever , then gg few minute later i get into the game when half my team are gone.

Hmm, perhaps your hard disk is busy doing something? My WoWs is installed on my HDD, not my SSD, so sometimes I had a few occurrences of this problem as well, and it turns out that the problem occurs when my hard disk is busy downloading or installing an update or something in the background. I turn off whatever is causing that and voila, the game loads instantly.

If not, it is still worth giving your hard disk a checkup. Did you change your HDD at any point during your computer's 6-year life? If not, it could be that your HDD is starting to fail. Just my 2 cents.

Although to be honest, 6-years is very old for a computer. It might be worth looking into getting a replacement. It is probably only matter of time before something critical fails.

345 posts
10,825 battles
52 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

I hate to said this but here some of my advice:

If u now more to gaming, now is the time for upgrade. Get a better proc, this game not only stress ur GPU (even in mid settings) but same goes to ur processor as well (this game somehow really stress the CPU as well)

Nowdays, u can spend at lease $400-500 bucks to get a budget pc gaming:

• Proc: I3-8100 / Ryzen 5 1400
  • GPU: Zotac GTX 1050 Ti (get urself  4GB DDR5 instead of 2GB) or GTX 1060
  • Mobo: Anything that suitable, better look that can support DDR4 RAM
  • RAM: Get urself at lease 8GB (at lease), u don't need higher clock since u not running OC ur pc anyway. Even u do, it just a slight different & u wont notice it anyway.
  • PSU: EVGA 450W 80+ (if u have more budget get urself full-modular PSU)
  • Case: Just use ur old PC case right now.
  • SSD: Kingstone 120 GB A400 SATA (This is for ur OS & critical program)
  • HDD: Anything will do (install ur game here.)

Just my recommendation. But seriously, sometimes if u want something decent, u need to change as well.

Edited by ArchKongou
additional note

354 posts
9,048 battles

If you can get access to another PC and install WoWS on it, you can at least decide whether it's your current PC that's the problem or whether it's some link further along the chain.

364 posts
3,693 battles

Omg. Who will be using computer that 6 year old. It time to change. I know that some people do not have the luxury to change pc  but it a investment. Sometimes it the os which might be having issues. There so many things that may cause the fps drop such as gfx, os, etc. You can do a lot with much newer pc. 

Not to brag. I load into a game less than 5 sec. I using 3 ssd in my pc and i using 1080 gtx. Of course i not playing wow only. There other games that i played too.

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,539 battles
25 minutes ago, ArchKongou said:

I hate to said this but here some of my advice:

If u now more to gaming, now is the time for upgrade. Get a better proc, this game not only stress ur GPU (even in mid settings) but same goes to ur processor as well (this game somehow really stress the CPU as well)

Nowdays, u can spend at lease $400-500 bucks to get a budget pc gaming:

• Proc: I3-8100 / Ryzen 5 1400
  • GPU: Zotac GTX 1050 Ti (get urself  4GB DDR5 instead of 2GB) or GTX 1060
  • Mobo: Anything that suitable, better look that can support DDR4 RAM
  • RAM: Get urself at lease 8GB (at lease), u don't need higher clock since u not running OC ur pc anyway. Even u do, it just a slight different & u wont notice it anyway.
  • PSU: EVGA 450W 80+ (if u have more budget get urself full-modular PSU)
  • Case: Just use ur old PC case right now.
  • SSD: Kingstone 120 GB A400 SATA (This is for ur OS & critical program)
  • HDD: Anything will do (install ur game here.)

Just my recommendation. But seriously, sometimes if u want something decent, u need to change as well.

Thanks for the recommendation , but im job hunting right now , probably till the end of this year till i can get something decent. In case , i would probably spend around 1k USD if I can get a job that is right for my profession. Lol, and my job would probably take me somewhere rural if i get it :v

652 posts
7,755 battles
3 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

hi legiionary2099

i did have this issue in the past

Upgrade your ram to 8GB or higher

That the most minimal thing you could invest on especially for a DDR3(wont cost much) temporaily.

2,247 posts
13,942 battles

These things were happening to me on the PTS too. So I can say they will happen even on a very well spec'ed machine.

These days I no longer bother reporting the errors because even when I do they make it out of PTS and into the game, so I figure why bother?

1,539 posts

Another thing that may help, is running texture compression mod, as it compresses & preloads the game graphics, so no waiting for 5mins match loading.... That's what I get my local internet cafe to do...

Ordrazz

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

You have my respect m8

I glad to know someone in this forum still have older rig than mine  (said by the one who still use 5 year old Vaio laptop):Smile_hiding:

But indeed your problem seem like cause by  your hard drives or CPU,  i believe you can get a new 1TB HDD or 120gb SDD for under 50$ (still cheaper most tier 8 premium ship), hope it work:Smile_hiding:

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,539 battles

Found the problem,  apparently one of my torrent i was seeding hoard something like 2mb/s that totally kill the hdd read speed for the game.

Disable it and the game run fine,  but still cant leave it in port menu or log in menu for extended period. 

Meh,  looks like an amd card is the way to go,  despite being 6 years,  it could still run.  Now i doubt if i should get a nvidia card

345 posts
10,825 battles

Thanks for the recommendation , but im job hunting right now , probably till the end of this year till i can get something decent. In case , i would probably spend around 1k USD if I can get a job that is right for my profession. Lol, and my job would probably take me somewhere rural if i get it :v

Good luck mate. Just hope that ur PC wouldn't end up with BSOD. Even hardware got their lifespan (depend on their hour- lifespan, but most of them would hold at lease 4-5 years, depend on the user on how their use it. 

Better do it now.

2 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

2 MINUTES ON LOADING SCREEN !!!!! ARE U KIDDING ME?! ITS A NIGHTMARE!!!!! :Smile_facepalm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway as for games, u can install it at normal HDD.

But if u want fast loading time in ur game, get urself another SSD and install the game that SSD. I put my games on my Samsung SSD 850 EVO (500GB). U will see the different. Mine only take 2-4 sec to enter the battle. Freaking good~

1234.thumb.JPG.6930f01dc43cc03b76ef2e2980153d95.JPG

Anyway I kind of person who don't like delay & couldn't stand slow loading time in my games.

Edited by ArchKongou
typo

[SEARN]
514 posts
8,011 battles
2 hours ago, th3vikings said:

Omg. Who will be using computer that 6 year old. It time to change.

My CPU, mainboard and Ram are all approaching 6 years old. Granted I have a more up to date GTX 1060 6GB GPU now than the Ati 7950 when i built this PC. I get 70+ FPS in WOWS with everything on high at 1080p. My PC does everything I need it to and is very fast when gaming and encoding audio and video when i do that kind of stuff.

I am choosing some parts now to upgrade my system. Not because i need to but i want to. Being a former PC tech i get the upgrade bug from time to time. This is the longest i have had the one PC. Ever. Upgrading all the time is just a money trap set up by big PC parts companies. I seriously pity the people that fall for it.

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,539 battles
10 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

My CPU, mainboard and Ram are all approaching 6 years old. Granted I have a more up to date GTX 1060 6GB GPU now than the Ati 7950 when i built this PC. I get 70+ FPS in WOWS with everything on high at 1080p. My PC does everything I need it to and is very fast when gaming and encoding audio and video when i do that kind of stuff.

I am choosing some parts now to upgrade my system. Not because i need to but i want to. Being a former PC tech i get the upgrade bug from time to time. This is the longest i have had the one PC. Ever. Upgrading all the time is just a money trap set up by big PC parts companies. I seriously pity the people that fall for it.

Nah , my system when built was an eco choice, i didnt have that much money back then and had to join with my brother to buy it. I didnt think it would last that long but it did.

And eco choice system outdate quite fast. Originally i though it could only cope for 3-4 years, but it is now 6.

Yours was high spec from the get go , mine was not , so i had to improvise. Now it is quite outdated as point out since i cant play more modern game i like like XCOM 2 and such on high setting, this rig can play XCOM 2 on minimum is a miracle.

[SEARN]
514 posts
8,011 battles

After the FPS fix i am getting very smooth game play again. 70+ FPS unlike the choppy 40-50 FPS before. The port UI now seems a lot more responsive and less glitchy also.

Same here for me, since the latest patch all is good again.