You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unraveler

Flight Control Mod 2 (+5% aircraft cruising speed)

3 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,166 posts
7,337 battles

In port, this module appears to have no effect: the displayed speed of your planes remains the same. Is it really bugged or is it just a display error? I entered the Training Room to find out...

Using a stopwatch, the time taken for a fighter squadron to travel between two specific map points was measured. There was no turning involved - the planes were directed along a straight path, with the clock only started as they passed a designated starting point and stopped as they crossed a distant second point. Using Shoukaku fighters (171 knots) and Essex fighters (169 knots base) with FCM2 (which should boost them to 177 knots) the results were:

Shoukaku

1st run - 36.98 seconds

2nd run - 37.30 seconds

3rd run - 37.09 seconds

Average - 37.12 seconds

Essex

1st run - 35.66 seconds

2nd run - 35.51 seconds

3rd run - 35.87 seconds

Average - 35.68 seconds

Essex sprint times are roughly 4% faster than Shoukaku, which is fairly consistent with a 177 knot vs 171 knot speed difference.

Result: The module is working. It's just not updating the numbers in the stat window.

Edited by Unraveler

2,175 posts
13,489 battles

Good stuff.

FYI if you have the capabilities then recording the run and opening it in editing software is a good way to precisely measure the time.

Video Contributor
2,243 posts
10,748 battles

FCM 2 will be useful when they empty loaded or dropped already (my friend said like that)

ex TBM-3 136knots with empty loaded idk how fast i plus 10% so it will be 149.6knots and plus 5% will be 151.146knots