Alakshendra_Joshi

Advice needed for premium ships.

13 comments in this topic

2 posts
1,325 battles

So I started playing the game last year but stopped playing in between for sometime. I am an inexperienced player so far but have been trying my hand at the game and  I'm not as pathetic as I expected. I am currently progressing along the USN and German BB and cruiser line with my top tier being the Yorck. However I admit that I have upto tier 8 Richelieu on my French line which I did not grind obviously but I'm trying to learn the play style of the same. I have played some tier 8 MM with some tier 9 and I wasn't completely useless. I am planning to buy a premium ship solely for the purpose of getting credits as I run out very quickly while still learning the ropes of the game. Needless to say I'm sure many will admonish me for even thinking of buying a premium ship but I want to emphasise the fact that I want to learn the aspects of the game while not using my free exp as long as possible to get ships. Although I have been tempted by watching hundreds of youtube videos about the Colorado  just to skip it but I wont do that. My play style right now with the BBs is very aggressive with close brawling combat and tanking as much as possible to support my teammates but I also want to try other tactics in the game. My choices are obviously the Tirpitz and the Alabama. Tirpitz would be a good choice if I continue with my close quarter play style and focus on the secondary firepower but I want to get better at other styles as well. The Scharnhorst isn't available otherwise I would have taken that and I am not sure about the Nelson as positioning is of vital importance in that ship which I'm still learning.

So TL:DR

Tirpitz or the Alabama.

Which will you suggest?

P.s Somehow more inclined towards the Alabama but open for suggestions.

Thanks 

2 posts
1,325 battles

I completely agree but I am still at a level where going full steam into a brawl with my experience will get me wrecked in seconds in high tier MM. And personally I don't always wanna do that. Maybe try something different. I know the Alabama is a tad less accurate than the NC but I don't know about the Tirpitz. 

156 posts
4,055 battles

You dont have to always brawl with the Dorpitz. Go full secondary build, stay at medium ranges and move in and out of secondary firing range to do chip damage and set fires. Use main guns on broadsides. When the time is right move in, drop torps, brawl and retreat if possible. If nothing works then finish it off with a ram. 

8 posts
2,415 battles

If you really want pure credits grind, I would suggest T7 ships. Like Scharnhorst, Sims or Atlanta (Not sure still available or not). Since Belfast is no longer available. 

Super Tester
7,780 posts
8,043 battles

Get Alabama. She is more resistant to torpedoes and almost untouchable by CVs (at least up to her tier). And if you can aim with Alabama, this thing is a beast. She's a bit slower, but has good handling.

Tirpitz on the other hand is very tough at close range, and has really good secondaries and torpedoes. I think Tirpitz is a bit more newbie friendly. However, never try to brawl at the beginning of the battle. You will die in a minute. Hurr durr brawling only works on NA EU and RU.

18 posts
953 battles
於 2018/4/11 在 AM9點57分,_Kenji 說:

If you really want pure credits grind, I would suggest T7 ships. Like Scharnhorst, Sims or Atlanta (Not sure still available or not). Since Belfast is no longer available. 

Atlanta can be bought on technology tree, and it's absolutely worth playing. My favorite ship.

8 posts
2,415 battles
15 hours ago, romanstone said:

Atlanta can be bought on technology tree, and it's absolutely worth playing. My favorite ship.

Yup. @Alakshendra_Joshi Maybe you should try Atlanta instead. Depends whats your play style. If you are more passive type person, Atlanta is not a bad choice. If you know most of those maps parking point, you can annoy a lot people. 

Beta Tester
359 posts
7,432 battles

I would suggest the Alabama her AA suite is sweet, is very maneuverable and her guns  do hit harder than Tirpitz. Whereas the Tirpitz is vulnerable to air attack but has good secondaries and maneuverable but her torpedoes tend to get knocked out pretty regularly and have a short range which limit their usefulness when it comes to a brawl. Not to say Tirpitz is bad but I think Alabama is a better ship in ranked as well.