Sign in to follow this  
Cronk

Beta account wipe?

12 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
51 posts
249 battles

Yeah I know it seems weird to be asking after all this time, but I've been away a long time.

Could have sworn I had some mid tier ships when I played like the Cleveland and a tier 4 or 5 JP BB, also vaguely recall some kind of premium giveaway where you got 2 or 3 premiums like the Sims and some others, but they are gone now.

I started during one of the betas, can't recall if closed or open, but if I'm missing ships I'm guessing there was some kind of wipe between closed and open betas. If there was going to be a wipe what was the point of having promo give aways for premiums that would just be taken away.

I did receive and keep the Arkansa beta and the Albany but lost a bunch of other stuff, I understand the account resets of tech tree ships etc, but does anyone recall the details of the premium giveaway? I believe it was one of those vendor type promotions, NVidia, Corsair, ASUS or something alone those lines.

Edited by Cronk
Sims not Wickes

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,907 posts
4,190 battles

Nice to see you here mate.   I can't even remember back that far apart from the testers getting the iwaki or the Arkansas. There was a wipe after the closed beta but not after open. 

Alpha Tester
51 posts
249 battles

Heya Ralph, so this is where you hide out these days?

Yeah it's a ways back to try to remember, can't blame people for not recalling, my own recollection is rather hazy.

590 posts
2,995 battles
3 hours ago, Cronk said:

Yeah it's a ways back to try to remember, can't blame people for not recalling, my own recollection is rather hazy.

Iwiki and Ark Beta are the two ships that you might of received, 

There was a prepurchase pack that included Yubar / Sims and Gremachy sp?

but any progress up the lines and anything else was removed - as they were the only premium's available (to my understanding) 

Alpha Tester
51 posts
249 battles
5 minutes ago, tc1259 said:

Iwiki and Ark Beta are the two ships that you might of received, 

There was a prepurchase pack that included Yubar / Sims and Gremachy sp?

but any progress up the lines and anything else was removed - as they were the only premium's available (to my understanding) 

I only got the Arkansas Beta.

The pre order pack sounds familiar, maybe I just considered buying it but didn't, my memory is hazy going that far back.

Now that I recall I think it may have been prepurchase bundle and I'm thinking of the Warplanes promo that had a bunch of free prems recently.

Thanks for clearing it up.

590 posts
2,995 battles
33 minutes ago, Cronk said:

I only got the Arkansas Beta.

The pre order pack sounds familiar, maybe I just considered buying it but didn't, my memory is hazy going that far back.

Now that I recall I think it may have been prepurchase bundle and I'm thinking of the Warplanes promo that had a bunch of free prems recently.

Thanks for clearing it up.

All good :) and i replied to your other thread as well

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,907 posts
4,190 battles
4 hours ago, Cronk said:

Yes mate.  I had a complete meltdown in WOT and gave up.  Havent been back there for a couple of years but still occasionally post in the forums.   Was thinking about going back now it is 1.0 but it may be pretty but its still the same game and I don't think my mental health is up to it.

Alpha Tester
51 posts
249 battles

I know that feeling, occasionally I need to walk away from tonks for an extended period before I start smashing expensive computer equipment, this Easter weekend I reached one of those points, time for a break.

590 posts
2,995 battles
3 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Yes mate.  I had a complete meltdown in WOT and gave up.  Havent been back there for a couple of years but still occasionally post in the forums.   Was thinking about going back now it is 1.0 but it may be pretty but its still the same game and I don't think my mental health is up to it.

I played a few games the other day - 

Visually lovely. 

But arty is still a problem, the mechanics can effectively leave you unable to move for long periods of time.... i'm not convinced i'll spend any more time in it

Alpha Tester
22 posts
872 battles

Hey old friends, I'm in ships now too. 

I'm liking this game, gave up on tanks for same reason (mostly) that being SPG's ruining my experience, with this game at least I can do something about the sky (insert bad word) by arming my commander with perks that ruin their days.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,907 posts
4,190 battles

Don't worry mate.  The year of the CV has been coming for ages.   Unless you are a CV driver and come across an opposing Saipan or you are a KMBB driver and get bombed by a Graf Zep then CVs will never worry you.

AA cruisers eat them for breakfast

Sign in to follow this