You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IndominusWrath

Tell me how to avoid Ap bombers

28 comments in this topic

58 posts
3,227 battles

im in the middle of grinding german battleships, was mentally ready to face enterprise atleast. then i heard about stuka bombers, i mean the graf zeppelin is finalized and im pretty sure its gonna come to shop again soon.

How do i counter from being devastated without relying on teammates? 3 squad of stuka, yikes :cap_viking:

[SGC]
197 posts
10,385 battles
7 minutes ago, HawkPotato said:

i heard it "overpens" minotaur 

Minotaur gets killed so hard it instantaneously respawns with slightly lower HP as penalty :cap_haloween:

Edited by seiji09

1,384 posts
9,060 battles
30 minutes ago, HawkPotato said:

im in the middle of grinding german battleships, was mentally ready to face enterprise atleast. then i heard about stuka bombers, i mean the graf zeppelin is finalized and im pretty sure its gonna come to shop again soon.

How do i counter from being devastated without relying on teammates? 3 squad of stuka, yikes :cap_viking:

You can't - that's the problem with German AP bombs.

At least with Enterprise you know its AP bombers have an elliptical drop pattern - for full effectiveness the Enterprise will want his bombers to drop from either your bow or your stern so you can move your ship to counter that. His planes will either have to spend more time in your AA as he tries to get them into an optimum position, or he will have to take a risk with a sub-optimal drop.

But the German AP bomb drop pattern is a complete circle - it doesn't matter what angle your ship is when his planes approach. The most you can do is hope that RNG favours you. It is a total RNG fest with 0 skill involved both for bombing and countering. This is one of the multitude of reasons why the Graf Zep is broken and remains broken despite all of WG's attempts to fix it.

Beta Tester
1,170 posts
7,678 battles
34 minutes ago, HawkPotato said:

It's fairly easy to deal with the Graf Zeppelin. Simply follow these basic steps:

Step One - Make sure you're not sailing a Battleship, Cruiser, or Carrier.

Step Two - Avoid cap zones and all contact with the enemy fleet. Hide in the safest map corner until the battle ends.

Step Three - Repeat the first two steps until the Graf Zeppelin becomes available for purchase in the store. Buy one.

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,538 battles

Your best bet will be specced into AA using manual and all AA skill to make yoursekf an unappealing target.

Fail that your last chance is max speed, once they are at 1km drop to reverse and do a full turn to hopefully be at the edge of the drop circle and eat less.

56 posts
8,237 battles
1 hour ago, HawkPotato said:

des moines too? i heard it "overpens" minotaur 

You heard wrong. Your only hope is DFAA or fighters spread the drop. 

Edited by Potatus_Maximus

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,538 battles
7 minutes ago, Potatus_Maximus said:

You heard wrong. Your only hope is DFAA or fighters spread the drop. 

He did say that not taking allied help into account. Allies helping you are kinda dubious since this is ASIA we are talking about.

315 posts
10,117 battles

I see, you desperately need the latest nazi technology ------  the teleportation consumable !!!!!!
im so sure teleportation will save you from nazi airraid 

58 posts
3,227 battles
42 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

He did say that not taking allied help into account. Allies helping you are kinda dubious since this is ASIA we are talking about.

yep, no matter how good you are, you wont find anyone around you when u actually push or even play a tactic. once you die and your sailors go to nearby beach and ask people where the other ships at. Those people will show you ALL of your allied ships parked behind island.

i can tank many things in many ways but then there comes graf zeppelin and his GG drop pattern.

#sedlife #gg

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,538 battles
24 minutes ago, HawkPotato said:

yep, no matter how good you are, you wont find anyone around you when u actually push or even play a tactic. once you die and your sailors go to nearby beach and ask people where the other ships at. Those people will show you ALL of your allied ships parked behind island.

i can tank many things in many ways but then there comes graf zeppelin and his GG drop pattern.

#sedlife #gg

The trick is only about fooling and fouling the CV player's aim ( good ones use manual , and constantly update it based on your movement) . You need to trick him so that you can minimize damage done to your ship and stay afloat for one more strike.
CV are very hesitatant to go for the same guy twice unless you can physically threaten his ship. You surviving give yourself a chance to disengage and drag enemies off their hiding spots so they can take a piece at you ( perfect chance for campers to kill them for you).

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,538 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

My ships have so much AA dps that Id really be surprised if these DBs are even able to reach me.

No amount of self defence can stop an idiot from killing you  :Smile_teethhappy:. And it go both ways

15 posts
4,507 battles

GZ is still completely broken.  Just watched a game with Business6 on Twitch.  It will completely ruin all games if it is released.  

Super Tester
7,721 posts
8,029 battles
50 minutes ago, AndersVolvker said:

GZ is still completely broken.  Just watched a game with Business6 on Twitch.  It will completely ruin all games if it is released.  

It is released, I think.

58 posts
3,227 battles
20 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

My ships have so much AA dps that Id really be surprised if these DBs are even able to reach me.

im hopeless but does such a ship exists? look down here :

On 4/1/2018 at 5:09 PM, Adm_Kunkka said:

shot-18_04.01_15_18.54-0518.thumb.jpg.f9156cec8ad883ac75ee3efc6f42b4ec.jpg

Let me know if you figure it out:cap_old:

Devastated in a des moines. while here i was grinding a des moines along with playing bismark...

411 posts
6,218 battles
On 4/1/2018 at 5:00 PM, HawkPotato said:

Or you can simply take a break from the game like me...:cap_cool:

They've said repeatedly that they are working on "Fixing" CVs...It'll just take time...until then, just stay patient as there is not much you can practically do when a CV wants you dead(AA doesn't matter...period). It is a broken class and aside from bad average playerbase, it is the biggest "issue" with this game currently, and everybody knows that:etc_swear:

Super Tester
7,721 posts
8,029 battles
9 hours ago, HawkPotato said:

im hopeless but does such a ship exists? look down here :

Devastated in a des moines. while here i was grinding a des moines along with playing bismark...

His fault for not spec-ing a DM for AA. I've faced Graf Zeps with Neptune. Can't even come close. Then again, My Neptune has every single AA buffs on her, she's a 8.6km no fly zone.

1,386 posts
8,323 battles
On 4/1/2018 at 9:18 PM, Minifirefly said:

I see, you desperately need the latest nazi technology ------  the teleportation consumable !!!!!!
im so sure teleportation will save you from nazi airraid 

AFAIK using that word is forbidden in the forum for obvious reasons…

Perhaps use "third Reich" instead?

Video Contributor
2,279 posts
10,881 battles
On 4/1/2018 at 6:24 PM, HawkPotato said:

des moines too? i heard it "overpens" minotaur 

I will give a fact i tested them all

all CA (T9-10) possible hit to citadel from APDB (except Hinden still cant find to 1 salvo bomb)

CL all over pen

BB only T8 or lower (IJN and KM T8) possible hit to citadel from APDB Bayern is troll armor or something

French BB possible only penetration 

RN BB not be tested bomb

BB T9 or above possible penetration only (do 20-30k)

Edited by Onlinegamer

[SGC]
197 posts
10,385 battles
On 4/3/2018 at 12:13 PM, Onlinegamer said:

all CA (T9-10) possible hit to citadel from APDB (except Hinden still cant find to 1 salvo bomb)

Can definitely attest to this :3

Had a Hindy game about a week ago facing an Essex w APDBs

Essex invested an attack run on me late game, hit me w three torps, and two APDB drops.

I still survived, losing only about... 20-25k :3

I was running hydro too :3

And that was no mong, cause that CV player was none other than E_liSa.

Edited by seiji09

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,538 battles
On 3/4/2018 at 11:13 AM, Onlinegamer said:

I will give a fact i tested them all

CL all over pen

BB only T8 or lower (IJN and KM T8) possible hit to citadel from APDB Bayern is troll armor or something

French BB possible only penetration 

RN BB not be tested bomb

BB T9 or above possible penetration only (do 20-30k)

Did you really test it. German AP bomb has higher inertial pen compare to US AP ones.

I can fully affirm you that a succesful drop of US AP can knock out 30k HP off any cruisers , lightly armoured or not.

In fact, i have do this 4/7 times i meet a Memetaur/Nep Nep that are overconfident about their AA. In case of Hindy and Roon , yes , you can deal quite heavy damage if you land 4/7 bombs on them. Most vulnerable are Moskva and Hindy infact , if they dont shoot down enough planes before drop point , i can take a chunk off their health.

Memetaur and Nep nep are especially at stake against American AP bomb since their citadel sit high in the water , if the bomb hit superstructure or the mid section , i can be sure that 75/25 of it will be a cit. Twice i have deleted a full health Memetaur with 2x stack from american AP.

German AP are more dangerous to BB , but American AP bomb are extreme hazard to any cruisers , while not so much to BB ( thanks to their lower pen).

In anycase, if you are US , better off loading those 1000 lbs HE bombs , they are much better.