You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Balanced TM

28 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,325 battles

40 planes off Midway' hanger? Result of excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages? This seem outrageous to me even though I am no CV player and rarely divs with CV

Now Hakuryu not only has better planes, but also a larger hanger? It's equivalent to feeding 40 planes at the start of the game

Not to mention Midway was renowned for her extremely large hanger historically, I know WoWs is no naval simulator, but at least respect commonly acknowledged historical facts.

balansd.jpg

Screenshot_20180331-173059.png

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

1,539 posts

Nerf the Orion, great.... They don't want ANY battleship players to hit anything (except bloody t10 ships)....

Why don't they just remove all the battleship fire control tops, then NO battleship would be able to shoot anything, people will whinge, then they'll play something else.....

Ordrazz

1,384 posts
9,060 battles

I don't have the Tier 10 CVs but according to the unicum CV players the Midway is steamrolling the Hakuryu currently and the big hangar size is part of the reason. Right now Midway has 136 plane hangar size compared to the Hak's 100. The Midway easily wins by outlasting the Hak, which is what WG has stated.

But I think 40 planes is a bit excessive though, considering Midway has lower tier planes. Maybe WG is going to give back the higher tier planes?

220 posts
8,303 battles
Just now, Thyaliad said:

I don't have the Tier 10 CVs but according to the unicum CV players the Midway is steamrolling the Hakuryu currently and the big hangar size is part of the reason. Right now Midway has 136 plane hangar size compared to the Hak's 100. The Midway easily wins by outlasting the Hak, which is what WG has stated.

But I think 40 planes is a bit excessive though, considering Midway has lower tier planes. Maybe WG is going to give back the higher tier planes?

136 planes if im not wrong WG said its part of compensate midway got low tier planes, now they butchered her hanger 40 planes almost 30% her planes reserve....
midway already got worst concealment CV, long time rearm, slow fighters speed, and slow TB speed, only her DB is fast but her DB is RNG bomb not good enough even with manual drop....
i prefer midway got back her 212 setup and her original TX planes....

Video Contributor
2,279 posts
10,881 battles

I completely disagree this nerf 100%

i always think why they dont give BTD-1 to Midway 

BTD-1 carried 2 torpedoes or a 2000lbs 

If give BTD-1 be TB and nerf hanger to 116/106 i agree anyway

166 posts
5,521 battles

Orion too strong, yes, could easily get confederate or high caliber with her.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.31f7ed209042e2a9202889fc58f8a2dd.png

Almost got the Kraken and a 3rd devast strike in the same match if the RNG didn't troll me with 31hp left for enemy ship.

I will miss her alot if she got nerfed, best tier 4 BB ever.

Edited by ColonelRVH

1,135 posts

OH MY GOD!!!!

DID I READ THAT RIGHT!!?

SHIMAKAZE GOT CONCEALMENT BUFF!!!!????

CRAP, ASTEROID GONNA CRASH EARTH SOON!

joke aside

this is how it should be to begin with, she can't not gun fight so she has to spot her rival first so can run away in time

it hunted me for long time that gearing can spot me at same time and Fletcher out-spot me and I get wrack hard and fast

Edited by PGM991

287 posts
23,960 battles

Dont agree with all the changes but Im glad to see IJN getting some love. Wargaming has been nerfing that navy since pretty much the live server for released.

[KGHSF]
3,247 posts
6,180 battles

I HATE WEEABOOS Many months I saw USN keep nerfed one by one espcially CVs 

IJN keeps 100% buffed and USN 100% nerfed I'm very super sicked 

I would like to ask Why are they praise IJN so much?  

It's seem other nations no place for standing even AA guns too sucks :Smile_sad:

#makejapangreatagain 

Edited by THAI_THIEF

Beta Tester
628 posts
6,896 battles

These are all excellent changes.  The Shima clearly needs the concealment buff, and 5.6km is pretty much perfect.  The Orion is a stupid ship and needs nerfing, but I don't know if the Sigma is the way to go, nerfing the HE shell itself would be better.  The Midway change is great, it should hopefully bring it a bit closer to the Hak in terms of power, and will make Midway captains a bit more cautious in their attacks.

This has been a week full of very good balance changes!

Super Tester
7,721 posts
8,029 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

The Orion is a stupid ship and needs nerfing, but I don't know if the Sigma is the way to go, nerfing the HE shell itself would be better.

Nothing new. Stats show conqueror breaking all damage charts, what did they do? nerfed the heal, instead of the broken HE.

Same for Orion.

Beta Tester
628 posts
6,896 battles

Well the Conq had high damage, but it was pretty comparable when you looked at percentage ship damage.  Post nerf it is also now very comparable on win rate, so it's clearly balanced in terms of power.  The issue with Conq (and most of the RN BB's) is that it's brainless to play and crappy to play against.

As for Orion, this ship is second only to Nikolai in win rate for T4 BB's.  It's clearly OP, especially given the Nikolai is owned by not very many players, most of whom are very experienced, while any new player can be in the Orion in a few games, which will bring the win rate down significantly.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

AFAIK

with all modifiers, Kagerou and Yugumo have 5.5 and 5.6 km 

and now shima will have better concealment despite being bigger and faster

WG logic at its finest

Beta Tester
628 posts
6,896 battles
5 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

AFAIK

with all modifiers, Kagerou and Yugumo have 5.5 and 5.6 km 

and now shima will have better concealment despite being bigger and faster

WG logic at its finest

Not correct.  Kagero has 5.4km max concealment, Yugumo 5.5km, and Shima will be 5.6km after this change.  Seems pretty reasonable.

Super Tester
7,721 posts
8,029 battles
2 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Not correct.  Kagero has 5.4km max concealment, Yugumo 5.5km, and Shima will be 5.6km after this change.  Seems pretty reasonable.

Yep, now she will have enough buffer to not get spotted by Gearning. 5.9 vs 5.6.

But looking at most shima players, concealment was never the problem :P

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,538 battles
24 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Yep, now she will have enough buffer to not get spotted by Gearning. 5.9 vs 5.6.

But looking at most shima players, concealment was never the problem :P

You sure , i mean if you get chased by a Z-52 it could be very very nice not to get wrecked because of the 200m stealth difference.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
1 hour ago, legionary2099 said:

You sure , i mean if you get chased by a Z-52 it could be very very nice not to get wrecked because of the 200m stealth difference.

at least she got speed to back her up
Kagerou and Yugumo is the slowest DD in the tier with:

4 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Kagero has 5.4km max concealment, Yugumo 5.5km, 

Super Tester
7,721 posts
8,029 battles
3 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

Z52 has 6.1km, besides, as long as shima doesn't camp in smoke in front of it.. Shima is very fast.

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,538 battles
1 minute ago, icy_phoenix said:

Z52 has 6.1km, besides, as long as shima doesn't camp in smoke in front of it.. Shima is very fast.

My problem is this : if you are scouring the caps or whatever ( no RDF in this case ) , you are usually facing him with your nose. The time for a turn is usually enough for him to reach that 200 difference and pop a few hurting shots b4 you can be clear again. While i do agree that Shima can get out of a jam quick , sometimes turning is rather difficult as i need to watch for his 69knts torp spread coming.