Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IndominusWrath

Change Ship collision mechanic pls :(

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
58 posts
3,225 battles

i hope im not alone to say that ramming mechanics from very long ago still bad in this game. theres a difference between actual ramming and barely touching while barely touching enemy ships do ridiculous damage. 

i never saw any two ships touching each other and immidietely blow up in real life. neither i saw two tanks touch and blow up in world of tanks. WoT is following a fair mechanic, why not bring change in Warships already?

i hate seeing khaba getting a die hard achievement against a kurfurst. Ship ramming is very barely fair. but i think ship touching in 6-7 kts should not cause a very insta damage even against a BB vs DD. in example a dd should just slide away with a huge sparkles and taking light damage. just like happened in harukaze vs musashi training in HSF anime you collaborated with. or bow on BB VS BB both bb just take like 25% hp loss and thrown away in both sides with flood because "physics". i hope youll redesign the ramming again :) 

Edited by HawkPotato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,279 posts
8,576 battles

Just today I had an enemy Alsace charge my Izumo. I was going full astern and he had just come out of a turn so he was pretty slow himself, but his bow barely kissed mine and we both blew up from about half health. Take about the kiss of death lol.

But yeah while ramming is a bit ridiculous in this game I don't think it is high on WG's priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
455 posts
8,034 battles

No-one cares about "historical accuracy" or "realism"
Its a game. If you want to this to be taken seriously, give some valid arguments as to how changing said mechanic would make the game better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
58 posts
3,225 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

but his bow barely kissed mine and we both blew up from about half health. Take about the kiss of death lol.

that is what im against. what i want is, when you slowly ram someone, you take light damage and a flood. if both ships become zero speed then only flood will do damage but if one person keeps accelerating then both will take 50% extra flooding damage. 

what i hate is the insta death in touch, just remove the insta death pls wg :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,115 posts

agree that this should change.

slight touch should not considered ramming. a slight damage is okay but should not be ram

 

e.g.

if relative velocity between 2 ship exceed 20 knot and contact point or angle of attack is 35-165 degree. that is ram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
207 posts
10,997 battles

I had fun ramming lolibotes in ops and survive with half health on bb. Its good gameplay mechanic. Anyways a dd historically was split in half by a cv incident iinm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
58 posts
3,225 battles
1 hour ago, Lowyat said:

I had fun ramming lolibotes in ops and survive with half health on bb. Its good gameplay mechanic. Anyways a dd historically was split in half by a cv incident iinm.

well full speed banzai ram insta kill a dd is fair. but both full hp ships instant blow up in very slow barely touch is NOT fair :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
455 posts
8,034 battles
4 hours ago, HawkPotato said:

that is what im against. what i want is, when you slowly ram someone, you take light damage and a flood.

It seems you are not actually aware of the ramming mechanic, because thats exactly how it works. If two ships ram at very low relative speed, they wont instantly blow up. It does DoT, although very high DoT to be clear.
Also, I do not understand in the least why current ramming is 'unfair' in your opinion. I'm guessing you have had low hp ships ram into your full hp ship, but I can assure you that those cases are your own fault for being unable to finish an enemy ship or avoid their charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

ships of thousands tons collide with each other in very slow speed will still do tremendous damage towards the hull, albeit not instantly

especially if it is battleship, ram each other for even 1 knots will break the hull with force of up to 65.000 tons of weight

Edited by Harpoon01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,386 posts
8,092 battles

Ramming your enemy is a rare thing in WoWs IMO, and there's plenty of other things that needs fix more than ram mechanism, why bother.

And FYI, when USS Washington and USS Indiana collided 1st Feb 1944, Indiana was saved only by a well trained crew performing excellent DamCon, and that was with both ships taking evasive actions. She would have been Rust in Pieces had the crew been less experienced or the last minute evasion not taking place.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
58 posts
3,225 battles
12 hours ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

It seems you are not actually aware of the ramming mechanic, because thats exactly how it works. If two ships ram at very low relative speed, they wont instantly blow up. It does DoT, although very high DoT to be clear.
Also, I do not understand in the least why current ramming is 'unfair' in your opinion. I'm guessing you have had low hp ships ram into your full hp ship, but I can assure you that those cases are your own fault for being unable to finish an enemy ship or avoid their charge.

no i agree that huge displacement ship ramming each other will cause huge damage. its not like im being salty because of getting rammed by low hp ships.

in example, in Richeilu's Sea smackdown..Screenshot_2018-03-31-15-22-16.thumb.jpg.b5c4c9cff7a9ff37415b42c47db51c9e.jpg

 

i cant see this "real" at any angle. even tho both ships had huge displacement, and rammed each other with pretty good speed. Both ship's speed together was over 50kts hit against one point. how in the earth both of their deck blew up instead of the bow? and wouldnt it be better if they both left with like 1k hp and both got slipped with each other instead and thrown to different path opposite to each other? they had over half hp. death on low hp is acceptable but why in the earth you have armor you have hp, someone touches or rams your "ONLY BOW" and you get blown up?

your whole other displacement except bow is a lie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
455 posts
8,034 battles
3 hours ago, HawkPotato said:

no i agree that huge displacement ship ramming each other will cause huge damage. its not like im being salty because of getting rammed by low hp ships.

in example, in Richeilu's Sea smackdown..Screenshot_2018-03-31-15-22-16.thumb.jpg.b5c4c9cff7a9ff37415b42c47db51c9e.jpg

 

i cant see this "real" at any angle. even tho both ships had huge displacement, and rammed each other with pretty good speed. Both ship's speed together was over 50kts hit against one point. how in the earth both of their deck blew up instead of the bow? and wouldnt it be better if they both left with like 1k hp and both got slipped with each other instead and thrown to different path opposite to each other? they had over half hp. death on low hp is acceptable but why in the earth you have armor you have hp, someone touches or rams your "ONLY BOW" and you get blown up?

your whole other displacement except bow is a lie?

Noone cares about it being 'realistic' or whatever. You're just trying to suggest how you want the collision mechanic to be without giving any reason at all why that would be good. WHY would it be better? You are definitely salty that you keep getting rammed by low hp targets because you are incapable to dodging.
This kind of mechanic is necessary to give everyone a chance to come back into the game from a disadvantage. Giving a low hp ship the chance to bring down a high hp ship if he plays well is in no way a bad mechanic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
283 posts
3,453 battles
On 3/31/2018 at 3:55 AM, PGM991 said:

agree that this should change.

slight touch should not considered ramming. a slight damage is okay but should not be ram

 

e.g.

if relative velocity between 2 ship exceed 20 knot and contact point or angle of attack is 35-165 degree. that is ram

No butt penetration?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Lol suggesting ship to slide each other is already unrealistic itself

 

You just salty from being rammed by other lower hp enemy ship

Edited by Harpoon01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles

Ramming is something that barely happen and in most cases people doing it are doing for the laughs, or, a willing trade. So I don't understand why you are even complaining. You could always avoid by doing hundreds of other things.

The instadeath ramming has its own merits. Just because you didn't get expected result in one battle, doesn't mean it needs to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
269 posts
23,217 battles
On 3/31/2018 at 2:15 PM, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Ramming your enemy is a rare thing in WoWs IMO,

Theoretically yesh.

Practically (in my case) . . . umm :)

ramming.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
26 posts
4,210 battles

If I understand you correctly, you are ok with the damage caused by ramming but dislike the fact that an explosion is taking place? I'm sure they'll come to that in later stage of the game, there's other things that needs doing. Remember that you also explode from flooding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
165 posts
2,016 battles

this is just game, we play because we tired with our real life.
wait . . . . this game make our life worst :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
58 posts
3,225 battles
On 4/1/2018 at 2:10 AM, ellofiend said:

No butt penetration?!?!

HELL NO. it should increase their speed instead unless butt showing guy is reversing :v

 

On 5/4/2018 at 8:22 AM, exter001 said:

Remember that you also explode from flooding.

indeed and why only fire doesnt cause detonation? :( doesnt fire hurt the shells?

They at least really need to change the picture of what happens on flooding death and colliding so the game makes more sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
26 posts
4,210 battles
5 hours ago, HawkPotato said:

indeed and why only fire doesnt cause detonation? :( doesnt fire hurt the shells?

They at least really need to change the picture of what happens on flooding death and colliding so the game makes more sense 

As far as I remember fire DOES cause explosion. I'm sure wargaming will implement different style of death some times, but as of now, let them fix other game play stuff first. Know that it wasn't until recently that world of tank got different style of dying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
907 posts
7,211 battles
On 3/31/2018 at 8:11 AM, HawkPotato said:

well full speed banzai ram insta kill a dd is fair. but both full hp ships instant blow up in very slow barely touch is NOT fair :(

The rules are the same for everyone = two ships touching triggers ramming mechanics. Fairness is not the issue here.

You may have died from a gentle nudge and you didn't like it, so you complain. Someone else on low health may have been able to take an opponent down with him by ramming, he's loving it. WG cannot please everyone.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×