Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tagnbag

Whats up with the prem shop?

5 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
89 posts
6,125 battles

So the prem shop hasn't changed in a month? Every friday i get online hoping to see a new ship but nothing.  Even the older prems cant be bought off the tech tree now, so what gives? An empty shelf is a lost sale where I come from.  Anshan to train the Pan Asian line? nope ... German DDs still not available ...  

Beta Tester
629 posts
6,912 battles

Well they don't seem to have anything to sell atm.  All of their upcoming premiums are either not far enough along the testing schedule, or they have serious balance issues.  These are the announced ships that have still yet to be released:

• Massachusetts, T8 BB, 19 Sep 17 (too similar to existing ships?)
  • T-61, T6 DD, 18 Oct 17 (balance issues)
  • Duca degli Abruzzi, T7 CL, 18 Oct 17 (balance issues)
  • Salem, T10 CA, 7 Nov 17 (probable ranked reward)
  • Cossack, T7 DD, 16 Dec 17 (HUGE balance issues)
  • Monaghan, T6 DD, 17 Dec 17 (?)
  • Asashio, T8 DD, 17 Dec 17 (balance issues)
  • Z-39, T7 DD, 6 Feb 18 (balance issues)
  • Varyag, T3 CL, 6 Feb 18 (I doubt many people really care about this one)
  • Kronshtadt, T9 CA, 6 Feb 18 (probable new free xp ship)

So the last three on that list are still in initial testing.  The Salem is likely a ranked reward or similar, so won't be released in the prem shop.  That leaves six ships that should probably have been released already, but have such significant balance problems that they haven't been able to (this is speculation on my part).  They've just announced the Cossack is going to a 4x2 turret config, which should make it pretty balanced so expect that in a month or two.

Unfortunately, as a captain who mainly plays DD's, it pains me to see quite a few DD's on that list that haven't been released that I would like to buy.  They've only released three DD's (one a T3, which doesn't really count) in the last six months, but in that time they've released seven BB's!  T-61, Cossack and Asashio (if they get it right, ie no 20km BB/CV DW torps) in particular look like good fun.

[HMASW]
1,551 posts

This is why I don't bother looking at the premium shop anymore, used to be exciting, wondering what they were going to put in each week, if a rare ship came in or not, but as I said at the time when they put all the ships for sale permenantly in the game client, thereby ruining the shop, & the scarcity of the ships everyone bought..... Only to satisfy a few whingers that wanted to have our shop the same as the US (everything at once).... Takes the excitement out of it...

Ordrazz

1,079 posts
3,888 battles
2 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

This is why I don't bother looking at the premium shop anymore, used to be exciting, wondering what they were going to put in each week, if a rare ship came in or not, but as I said at the time when they put all the ships for sale permenantly in the game client, thereby ruining the shop, & the scarcity of the ships everyone bought..... Only to satisfy a few whingers that wanted to have our shop the same as the US (everything at once).... Takes the excitement out of it...

Ordrazz

They should have done what was being asked a while back,just make all the servers sell the same ships at the same time.Wouldn't need to have everything available at once that way,just rotate ships on a regular basis and no one feels left out when the OTHER servers have something we don't have for sale.Makes the players happy and the forum mods don't have to deal with frustrated players all the time.

Sign in to follow this