You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Space Battles

29 comments in this topic

349 posts
4,845 battles

I like the idea, I like the ship skins, I appreciate all the work WG put into this but so far as the play experience is concerned it's a dead loss. I can't see a thing. And not even blind in a good way: the bright neon and shiny, glossy black backgrounds actively hurt my eyeballs to look at them. I have no sense of distance, I can't see torps, I can't aim properly....

Back to the ocean for me.

2,247 posts
13,942 battles

When you try to please everyone you end up pleasing no one.

WG have lost their identity. IMO one of the true drawcards of this game is the historical factor. Also the majesty of the sea, etc.... Now it's just another cheap arcade game.

364 posts
3,693 battles

I don't know what wrong with my team. Out of 10 rounds i played. I lost 7.

I think most people got confused, cannot aim, cannot see. 

I cannot see too, i shoot below the waterline....

Edited by th3vikings

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles
2 hours ago, keskparane said:

When you try to please everyone you end up pleasing no one.

WG have lost their identity. IMO one of the true drawcards of this game is the historical factor. Also the majesty of the sea, etc.... Now it's just another cheap arcade game.

I fully agree to this. And this has happen not only in this WOWs...I guess they never knew that they are losing their identity. Or they knew but they think its good.. :(

696 posts
7,510 battles

really appreciate WG efforts in doing the space battle with awesome models of space ships. was very excited about it. Th map is very good looking too

But I also faced the same issue as above mentioned by others. 

And I realized I lost interest in it quite fast. Initally I was thinking of trying out some weird builds as experiment for my real captains, but the interest of playing it quickly drained off and before I noticed it I have switch back to random battles.

reading the posts here, I recalled why I was here in the first place: awesome, realistic models of warships that I admired so much, with history background.

166 posts
5,521 battles

Playing Space Battle in PT is fun, everyone charging in, not a care in the world. But when it's come to the main server, it's just another tier X match with bad visual.

1,384 posts
9,060 battles

So initially I thought I wouldn't like it, seeing as how I got a headache just by watching Flamu's and other CCs' earlier videos on this.

But surprisingly when I actually got to play it, I found it alright. Aiming needed some getting used to but otherwise I thought it was pretty fun overall. The ships look great and the sound effects were lol. It made my anime voiceovers sound like some kinda alien. :Smile_teethhappy:

I guess the localised weather effects could allow for some tactical plays, but I haven't got the opportunity to utilise them as such yet. Though I did have one game where me and another Zao tried to use a Psy Field as cover to sneak close to the cap at the enemy spawn, but the enemy CV wised up to our tricks! It was pretty lol. :cap_haloween:

But the downside of this is, like what others have said, strip away the localised weather and the Space theme and what you get is fairly normal gameplay. You are essentially playing Tier 10 ships modified to have Tier 7 economy. I still found it fun since I don't have any Tier 10 ships yet - I basically used it as an opportunity to try out some builds - but for those experienced players with multiple Tier 10s, I guess it can be pretty uninteresting.

I agree with Flamu that overall this event is bit of a missed opportunity. Shells are still affected by gravity despite being in space which feels pretty weird. WG should have given the ships railguns or laser beams or something, just to spice things up. It would be pretty interesting to see how the game would play if the shells have no arcs. Also we can have deflector beams, gun jammers, etc as consumables. :fish_viking:

354 posts
9,048 battles
7 hours ago, Gummilicious said:

The underneath background is what make me do not like space battle

Keep aiming at the underwater compartments......

It was actually worse in the 1st iteration (PT #1) - more transparent and made it very difficult to orient yourself, like floating in space.

331 posts
7,013 battles

Adding reflection of the ships hull in the water is very misleading, makes the ships look taller so negotiating where the waterline truly is can be an issue.

Depth perception of land masses and trying to figure out if a ship is heading in front or behind it was something i struggled with for 3 or 4 games.

Also the reload bell that was added for battleships is very annoying. There are already visual representations with a green bar and also a CD timer, along with an audio bite of the shell being loaded.... why do we need a bell? So far i can't find anything to turn it off.

I understand that the new cammos took time to develop, but 8000 doubloons for a cammo that offers no better reward than what the 5000 doubloon premium cammo offers, seems a little steep. Should of offered a discount to the players that have already have the 5000 DB cammo to something a little more reasonable, or make these new cammos really special with the bonuses.

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,539 battles

What hit me the most is the eriee  sound that the animu girl makes and wow , the ship and maps looks both cool and load fast.

Man , that voice when Nachi enter battle lol. Totally bought it.

Maybe ill buy one skin , 8k doubloon is expensive.

The ship model is totally impressive.

The local weather is lets say less than sastifaction , but still good. Needs minor tweaks. I have seen too many dummy CV fly head first into a no fly meteor show and accuse me of being a hacker for losing planes lmao.

LETS MAKE THIS WORLD OF SPACE SHIPS !!! SERIOUSLY THE MODELS LOOK SO BADASS

104 posts
9,328 battles

I actually like it because most people can't aim, and therefore I have an advantage in dodging/mitigating damage.

I don't find aiming hard at all, so that also gives me an advantage. 

I feel that the local weather area is too large for the map size, however.

48 posts
6,288 battles

it hurts my eyes playing spacebattles, sure the effects are great and all. but the gamemode is full of the players that haven't got their T10 yet, and the graphics made it difficult to aim. all in all it's just another T10 match reskinned, and with the added bonus of making the CV players overjoyed :cap_rambo:

205 posts
11,824 battles

Its better than last year's event.
Yes I'm talking about that joke event that doesn't give players anything but jokes, load of glitches and bugs.

Why don't we just appreciate what devs give everyone this time, its probably their first in a while as well.
Legit event, nothing to be taken seriously just for fun.

Another note: This game has never been a simulation and it never tries to be. Its an arcade game with historical figures in it.
WG has never lost its idenity in this department.

Super Tester
7,724 posts
8,031 battles

Well, I appreciate this mode. While this is true that the game's theme is centered around historical (and mostly paper sketch) ships, but sometimes a little variety is always welcome.

Besides, you get to play tier 10 ships, and stats aren't recorded, with 19 point commanders. There is very little scope to complain.

But like someone above said, can't please everyone. Didn't please me, but doesn't mean the introduction of Space Battles for April's even't was for nothing. WG did put a lot of work on that (probably), so yah, well done.

461 posts
8,515 battles

I was actually pleasantly surprised, I quite enjoyed the mode and it had no real impact on my accuracy. You can sorta see where the water line is on most of the ships.

I agree is was a lost opportunity, they could have done something more interesting. But for me it was quite a fun way to try out T10 ships I don't have, so it's not bad, just unimaginative.

283 posts
3,671 battles

My only reason for continuing to play space battles was to gain the achievement which unfortunately involved quite a few carrier battles, Yeh,:cap_haloween:, I suck at cv play and for most battles I just focused on either playing around with the enemy cv's planes with 4-2-2 build or messing with the battleships with 2-3-3 but on my first battle in the Hackeruryu I got 300k dmg with stock modules :fish_cute_2: (Best game by around 175k dmg lol) but now only have the "Vaccum cleaning" achievement to get (no I got two kills in my 300k dmg game) so once I finish that I will be going back to operations and random to sanitise my brain from all those horrible things I did in the Hackeruryu (wiping out 2 torpedo squads and 2 dive bomber squads in single strafe with 2 fighter squads) (dive bombing gk with 3 DB squads and forcing DMG CTRL and then flooding to death with 3 torpedo bombers squadrons from full health) It was toroturous when I was against capable cv player tho and watching my team disintegrate from my whole map view because I died and let enemy cv pick em off 1 by 1:cap_happy: It was a love hate relationship ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Beta Tester
823 posts
5,000 battles

It's like this new forum skin, it's super dark and everything else on the net is bright. My eyes cant take it, I hate dark themes. It's bad for your eyes as well!

2,247 posts
13,942 battles
30 minutes ago, Pocket_Fox said:

It's like this new forum skin, it's super dark and everything else on the net is bright. My eyes cant take it, I hate dark themes. It's bad for your eyes as well!

theme.thumb.png.bbdefc3ace1bc1dfa88946817b6608ff.png

48 posts
6,288 battles

reseeing my post here make me realize that i put it a bit too harsh. spacebattles is good for those newbies that haven't got their T10 yet, let them try T10 botes for half the cost and let me farm captain XP. but i still doesn't like the graphics, it hurts my eyes (looking at you norma) :cap_hmm: