Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RepuFran431

So...no news about buff Republique?

14 comments in this topic

19 posts
7,641 battles

still 32mm whole body? Citadels still could be penetrated by DM? No Gascognec's quick cooldown repair party?

(sry for my poor English

590 posts
2,995 battles
1 hour ago, KanW_DalaoMercy said:

still 32mm whole body? Citadels still could be penetrated by DM? No Gascognec's quick cooldown repair party?

(sry for my poor English

Um... why?

image.thumb.png.0264ce5ab748b4eb3bc5c18ec28c6770.png

Looking at that, it's got the Best winrate of BB's on the SEA server, Damage - In damage it's ranked 3rd highest out of all ships and even it's survival rate isn't that bad?

19 posts
7,641 battles
21 minutes ago, tc1259 said:

Um... why?

image.thumb.png.0264ce5ab748b4eb3bc5c18ec28c6770.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=ccdef9bf6e307a5e

Looking at that, it's got the Best winrate of BB's on the SEA server, Damage - In damage it's ranked 3rd highest out of all ships and even it's survival rate isn't that bad?

well actually I am also feeling good with Republique now lol..

But I just think either deck armor to 33mm

or Gascogne’s repair party, just one of the two is OK.It may be more comfortable when playing...

590 posts
2,995 battles
8 minutes ago, KanW_DalaoMercy said:

well actually I am also feeling good with Republique now lol..

But I just think either deck armor to 33mm

or Gascogne’s repair party, just one of the two is OK.It may be more comfortable when playing...

I understand what your saying, but the performance of the ship isn't showing the need for a buff at this stage. 

1,386 posts
8,328 battles
1 hour ago, tc1259 said:

Um... why?

image.thumb.png.0264ce5ab748b4eb3bc5c18ec28c6770.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=ccdef9bf6e307a5e

Cuz almost everyone who FXPs this ship has at least some decent experience playing this game? As we all have observed, every ship has some decent stats when first released and drops gradually.

I have discussed with a few unicums République owners, and their conclusions are

1. Because of the hull you are basically limited to sniping, and the guns are not good enough at dealing damage to compensate for the absence of one T10 BB in the line-of-battle

2. You can always find a better substitute in the form of Conqueror, 419mm firing even AP

And as a person who believes in actual data more than vague senses, 431mm's characteristics does not match the hull. As I said the hull is limiting Rep at sniping position, but 431mm shells have a maddening 0.35 air drag, which means these guns are suitable for mid-close range, where Rep would melt.

I personally believe that I'm not bad at T10 BBs, but I did struggle getting even IMO passable win rate in the Rep. I have always been able to face my stats, never once did I ever had the idea of hiding my stats, but I had a two-day lose streak with 40 games/14 victories which almost caused me to hide my stats, and I went to the service center trying to get a partial stats wipe (turned out it's not a service they would provide)

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Beta Tester
629 posts
6,898 battles

The Republique does not need a buff.  It has it's weaknesses as the OP described, but all ships need weaknesses to ensure they are balanced.  It has a very distinct play style, some people may not like the way it plays, but there are plenty of other T10 battleships that may fit their play style better.

They have already said they looked at the armour layout and are happy with how it is right now.  They don't mind you being citadeled at range by going under the main belt, probably because if a Des Moines can hit you on the waterline while you are broadside at 15km, they deserve the citadels they get, and you have positioned your BB poorly.

1,386 posts
8,328 battles
5 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

The Republique does not need a buff.  It has it's weaknesses as the OP described, but all ships need weaknesses to ensure they are balanced.  It has a very distinct play style, some people may not like the way it plays, but there are plenty of other T10 battleships that may fit their play style better.

They have already said they looked at the armour layout and are happy with how it is right now.  They don't mind you being citadeled at range by going under the main belt, probably because if a Des Moines can hit you on the waterline while you are broadside at 15km, they deserve the citadels they get, and you have positioned your BB poorly.

*the citadel thing* …and the devs end up admitting that underwater citadelling was bugged in 072 and was working on a fix, I felt that it was fixed a few days ago, but haven't done any testing.

The problem was not with how the ship performed with the bug, but without. Get anywhere close to the enemy and you melt, not and your line of battle crumbles cuz enemies have more tanking and equally powerful main guns.

Put it simple, list one major thing that Rep actually does better than a 419mm Conq that actually helps her win games.

19 posts
7,641 battles
1 hour ago, tc1259 said:

I understand what your saying, but the performance of the ship isn't showing the need for a buff at this stage. 

thx pal =w=

19 posts
7,641 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Cuz almost everyone who FXPs this ship has at least some decent experience playing this game? As we all have observed, every ship has some decent stats when first released and drops gradually.

I have discussed with a few unicums République owners, and their conclusions are

1. Because of the hull you are basically limited to sniping, and the guns are not good enough at dealing damage to compensate for the absence of one T10 BB in the line-of-battle

2. You can always find a better substitute in the form of Conqueror, 419mm firing even AP

And as a person who believes in actual data more than vague senses, 431mm's characteristics does not match the hull. As I said the hull is limiting Rep at sniping position, but 431mm shells have a maddening 0.35 air drag, which means these guns are suitable for mid-close range, where Rep would melt.

I personally believe that I'm not bad at T10 BBs, but I did struggle getting even IMO passable win rate in the Rep. I have always been able to face my stats, never once did I ever had the idea of hiding my stats, but I had a two-day lose streak with 40 games/14 victories which almost caused me to hide my stats, and I went to the service center trying to get a partial stats wipe (turned out it's not a service they would provide)

yep maybe that's what I feel as well

590 posts
2,995 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

I hear what your saying, but the data doesn't support it. 

Second Highest damage of all BB's behind Conq a kill death of 1.9 and a 52% win rate which is better than the conq and the Grober - 

And just for the record, I supertested it, took it in close, tried it in a variety of different roles to see what it is and isn't good at - The ship is by all data doing well, even when you look at the US Stats for the ship, lets face it the NA Server are more pushy and aggressive than SEA players, it's still holding it's own, admittedly it's survival rate is 41% but that accounts for how they play more than anything.

image.thumb.png.fedf14cabcc9e1cc20951b9dcf11deec.png

The ship simply doesn't need a buff, not at this stage.

Yes it has weakness's, but you have to have weakness's otherwise all ships at t10 will be a copy and paste of one another other than there looks. The ship is fine and has it's place when used correctly. (Which by the looks of it is what people are doing) 

1,386 posts
8,328 battles
49 minutes ago, tc1259 said:

I hear what your saying, but the data doesn't support it. 

Second Highest damage of all BB's behind Conq a kill death of 1.9 and a 52% win rate which is better than the conq and the Grober - 

And just for the record, I supertested it, took it in close, tried it in a variety of different roles to see what it is and isn't good at - The ship is by all data doing well, even when you look at the US Stats for the ship, lets face it the NA Server are more pushy and aggressive than SEA players, it's still holding it's own, admittedly it's survival rate is 41% but that accounts for how they play more than anything.

image.thumb.png.fedf14cabcc9e1cc20951b9dcf11deec.png

The ship simply doesn't need a buff, not at this stage.

Yes it has weakness's, but you have to have weakness's otherwise all ships at t10 will be a copy and paste of one another other than there looks. The ship is fine and has it's place when used correctly. (Which by the looks of it is what people are doing) 

The average stats at this stage is not due to the ship being over performing, but due to the people at the helm. Those who are willing to spend over 500K FXP or grind so fast are usually experienced and has a higher than average level of skills. The same thing happened to other lines as well, GK held over 100K average and over 55% WR for quite a while. and AFAIK GK only had one major change, a secondaries buff, and her stats dropped over time, as less skilled players managed to reach T10. Z52 also had exceptional stats even with 6.5km concealment, but she end up getting a concealment buff later. Rep may seem to have good stats ATM, but stats will drop, and 52% less than 100K is not good enough for a new T10 BB given how good the first batch of players are. Also, many average players don't know the performance of new ships, I see numerous Hindens trying to rush into my Rep as if they were fighting against Montana, but even average players would learn how to adapt.

A CC I followed, Uocat in the EU region, a unicum with almost 80% WR, went as far as calling Rep a "giant turd" and claimed Alsace to be a overall better ship. A few friends who FXPd the ship on day one also warned me against FXPing the ship.

And seriously, there is no major useful advantage of Rep over Conq.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

give it months and you shall see the better avg stats
20k and bellow just dont really cut it, same goes to Conq and GK

as for now, even better, those stats majorly shows the avg stats that republic had when the bug is still around

1,110 posts
7,850 battles

The question were, will the common Plebs will ever get to republique ? so the stats would eventualy stabilize

Strong ships, or Historical ships can be great motivation to progress - and republique is netiher

its prob gonna be niche line for long time

Sign in to follow this