Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
InterconKW

2 Years of Warships

8 comments in this topic

341 posts
4,131 battles

The realization has kind of hit me that my account has hit 2 years of age. I guess there's nothing better to do than look over how I've changed in this game over the last year of play. A lot has happened.

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/23719-one-year-of-warships/

Wow, who is that noob?

2012096734.png

I don't really want to sound like I'm bragging about stats because there are far better players out there. Regardless, it would be nice if someone could find a photo of when I was 700 WTR and 42% WR, just for comparison. Improvement is always nice. Yeah, that'll be my first point. One year ago, I'd be happy to have rolled to green. I'm fully blue now and proud. Doesn't seem to be an official club membership for it anywhere tho.

How did today go? Well, ironically badly for an anniversary. I had a really... REALLY sucky day at work. I come home. I get 3 completely useless teams in a row who are hyper-allergic to victory, including a battle where I'm the only one above 500 base experience. Ended up divving.
image.thumb.png.b2d219be67b71df99e6fd61b5d821d4e.png

Aw yeah, gee. That's a turnaround.
image.thumb.png.81409ce501f1ffec47a6a4a762855998.png

I guess this isn't the most special Fuso game, but you get what you get. 

FRIENDS

Ah, divving. Right. I really couldn't have gotten where I am today without the help of... so many good players who kind of lifted me this far. The list is a bit long. On this forum? On the Reddit Discord? There's probably too many people to name and I'll miss one, so I won't name them at all. You know who you are. I love you Cx

Speaking of the Reddit discord... I've mostly been active there. It's been fun, mostly, though it does get out of hand often.

SHIPS

I guess my account anniversary is slightly less important to me than October 10... my Fuso anniversary. Fuso always made me a bit sentimental as my first carry ship. 340 Fuso games and still going.
Since my first year, I got my first Tier X, Zao. People might call that vessel powercreeped, I feel like it was rewarding. Zao has served me well.

Racked up a hefty list of premiums too. Last year's Spee was nice, but Aigle, Duke of York, Vampire, Oktyabryskaya (hope I spelled that right)... and around 6 others. I don't even spend on WoWs. Wargaming, you're too kind with these events. Keep it up.

CVs? I un-ruined my carrier stats this year as well. Went from 11% (Yes, 11% in Hosho, I was that bad) win rate to 56%, through Zuiho and Ryujo, I'm really not a fan of this class, it isn't in a good shape right now, but I respect good CV players so much.

I've also pushed a lot of my grinds forward. Benson sits in port now. Fiji, Pensacola and a couple of other ships are just waiting to be purchased. I'm focusing on USN BBs because I want Montana as my next TX, and I'm 32k EXP from North Carolina.

THE GAME
Perhaps my enjoyment of WoWs has... diminished a bit. I can't help but feel like the playerbase skill level has dropped a good amount. The last few weeks have been especially painful. Could it be a sign of a growing new playerbase? Maybe. Perhaps I should take the game less seriously? Too much salt is never good for you.

I do like the increased variety of campaigns, events and scenarios that have been introduced. The new lines? A bit iffy. But the variety has been good.

LOOKING ONWARDS
Maybe this was the year I achieved the most in WoWs overall. I guess the upcoming return of Space Mode is going to be a big draw. Can't wait to see what other events come our way. I definitely might get a few more T10 ships. I'm still clanless due to a lack of time to commit to the game... hopefully 2019 might bring more freedom. (Who am I kidding)

Improving at WoWs is still my goal. I get enjoyment out of knowing I'm that much better than before. I guess I need to be better at keeping my cool to win games.

I guess that's a wrap for my 2nd year. Might edit more stuff into here later. 

Sail on!

:Smile_great:

Edited by InterconKW

166 posts
5,521 battles

Congratz. I also love Fuso but lately i focus on Yamato and grinding the other lines.

Still so far the highest performance I got is from Fuso.

[151ST]
1,026 posts
4,628 battles

I took like an 18+ month hiatus till May last year, trust me the player base is world's better than on release.

You used to be able to get torp hits on just about any ship by shooting at the gray zone...

Not so much now even at lowbie tiers...

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,133 battles
On 3/27/2018 at 7:06 PM, InterconKW said:

SHIPS

I guess my account anniversary is slightly less important to me than October 10... my Fuso anniversary. Fuso always made me a bit sentimental as my first carry ship. 340 Fuso games and still going.
Since my first year, I got my first Tier X, Zao. People might call that vessel powercreeped, I feel like it was rewarding. Zao has served me well.

Racked up a hefty list of premiums too. Last year's Spee was nice, but Aigle, Duke of York, Vampire, Oktyabryskaya (hope I spelled that right)... and around 6 others. I don't even spend on WoWs. Wargaming, you're too kind with these events. Keep it up.

CVs? I un-ruined my carrier stats this year as well. Went from 11% (Yes, 11% in Hosho, I was that bad) win rate to 56%, through Zuiho and Ryujo, I'm really not a fan of this class, it isn't in a good shape right now, but I respect good CV players so much.

I've also pushed a lot of my grinds forward. Benson sits in port now. Fiji, Pensacola and a couple of other ships are just waiting to be purchased. I'm focusing on USN BBs because I want Montana as my next TX, and I'm 32k EXP from North Carolina.

:Smile_great:

good that you unruined your CV stats...

come to tier 7 and face that *expletive* CVL and tell me if you don't get jaded by [censored]

Sign in to follow this