You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TD1

Sister Ships- A Proposed Tech Tree Rework

3 comments in this topic

242 posts
2,987 battles

I struggle to come up with a title that best fits my suggestion.

Under the current tech tree, each ship is only represented by the lead ship of it's class (e.g Kongo, Bellerophon, Zuiho, Amagi, Fletcher, etc etc). My suggestion is to allow the usage of names of sister ships of the ships' respective class (e.g if we have the Kongo, we can choose to sail into battle as Kongo, Kirishima, Haruna or Hiei).

Premiums are where this suggestion gets confusing though; more often than not, they are the most famous ships of their respective classes (Tirpitz is actually Bismarck-class, Hood is actually Admiral-class, Warspite is actually Queen Elizabeth-class, and so many more). Under my suggestion, the premium ships are merged under their respective classes without losing their premium status, and only players who own the ship can sail under the name of the ship (e.g under my suggestion, only players who own USS Black are allowed to use that name for their Fletcher-class destroyer). This is, however, not without a problem. Premiums of ships already in-game but at a different tier than their sister ship (e.g Yamato and Musashi, Fletcher and Kidd, Kaiser and Konig Albert) can be quite confusing in regards on how to place them in the class.

To understand how this could work, take a look at the attached Word file for a simple illustration of my proposal:

example of wows.docx

Edited by TD1

Super Tester
2,725 posts
18 minutes ago, TD1 said:

My suggestion is to allow the usage of names of sister ships of the ships' respective class (e.g if we have the Kongo, we can choose to sail into battle as Kongo, Kirishima, Haruna or Hiei)

Technically, that is still the same as others suggested in the past wherein the players be allowed to rename their ship to their historical names then show it off to other players in the match.

And your download link is broken, put it on google drive or mediafire or whatever file hosting sites you are comfortable here. I want to actually see if it's different from what others proposed because I am seeing this will be the same Again™.

242 posts
2,987 battles

Here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12Cn4RAC2BmUKcGdWhVdS5qXi1-OTSBXG

Note that I'm only using the Fletcher class and the Scharnhorst class because those were the two easiest classes to explain my idea.

And a little footnote: That brown ship written as (VIII/IX GATLING) was supposed to be (VIII/IX KIDD), seeing as how USS Kidd already ingame is Tier 8.

Edited by TD1