Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ArtickWarspite

Shell Hits

13 comments in this topic

151 posts
3,316 battles

I've noticed with increasing regularity that I'm landing penetrating hits on an enemy ship and while the penetration ribbon appears- it causes no damage whatsoever. I thought this may have been because the shells were landing on a part of the ship that had already used up that sections HP, but it's happening on full health targets too.

Shatters, overpens & bounces all appear as normal, so am I missing something here?

Beta Tester
596 posts
6,666 battles
10 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

0 damage pens are usually the result of your shells hitting an AA gun or turret. 

This is correct, AA guns and secondaries have their own health pool that don't get counted against the ship health pool when they take damage.

293 posts
4,401 battles

Oh. That explains a lot. :-/

Also, is saturation relevant here? I've seen videos that show how the total health pool is distributed over several sections of a ship... so if the bow section is already at zero putting more shells into it doesn't do more damage.

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,883 battles
4 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Oh. That explains a lot. :-/

Also, is saturation relevant here? I've seen videos that show how the total health pool is distributed over several sections of a ship... so if the bow section is already at zero putting more shells into it doesn't do more damage.

Watch this insanity. Just skip to the half of the video

[WOWMY]
343 posts
16,641 battles
18 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Watch this insanity. Just skip to the half of the video

Can you explain this? I dont get it.. torp.. and thousand of shell. Some kind of bug or setting or what????

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,883 battles
1 hour ago, RimauLaut said:

Can you explain this? I dont get it.. torp.. and thousand of shell. Some kind of bug or setting or what????

No, it is "Damage Saturation" mechanic. You should learn to exploit this. Won't work on something that can pen through your armor to the citadel though, citadel can never get saturated. Minotaur guns are 152mm, and that Yamato's belt and stern got saturated from initial damage intake. So anymore hit on these areas had no impact. However, every time he healed, you saw he could be damaged again, cause the heal would replenish some of the HP on those sections too.

Like, don't you think this was funny?

torpmeme.gif.be1ad18e33bdc5aa7595820bd3255a8e.gif

More tests

[WOWMY]
343 posts
16,641 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

No, it is "Damage Saturation" mechanic. You should learn to exploit this. Won't work on something that can pen through your armor to the citadel though, citadel can never get saturated. Minotaur guns are 152mm, and that Yamato's belt and stern got saturated from initial damage intake. So anymore hit on these areas had no impact. However, every time he healed, you saw he could be damaged again, cause the heal would replenish some of the HP on those sections too.

Like, don't you think this was funny?

Thanks for the explanation man..gosh I didnt expect it to be as crazy to this level :(

Edited by RimauLaut

283 posts
3,453 battles

So, how come the myoko and Moskva got destroyed while yamato and what not survived? Is it because a stray torpedo hit the aft or bow or middle?

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,883 battles
4 hours ago, ellofiend said:

So, how come the myoko and Moskva got destroyed while yamato and what not survived? Is it because a stray torpedo hit the aft or bow or middle?

Yeah, one of the torps hit the far end of citadel box.

Sign in to follow this