You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KirstieBeau

Missouri/Iowa dispersion rumors

19 comments in this topic

173 posts
5,332 battles

Are the rumors about Missouri accuracy upgrade glitch true? Does it also affect both the Iowa and Montana? Because somehow my newly unlocked Iowa doesn't have the famed accuracy I'm seeing on a lot of Iowa/Missouri/Montana games I've watched in the past.

[LNA]
1,615 posts
10,233 battles
15 minutes ago, KirstieBeau said:

Are the rumors about Missouri accuracy upgrade glitch true? Does it also affect both the Iowa and Montana? Because somehow my newly unlocked Iowa doesn't have the famed accuracy I'm seeing on a lot of Iowa/Missouri/Montana games I've watched in the past.

Install the -11% dispersion mod for god sake. It go from worst in tier to best.

And even with the -11% , it will not have cruiser level accuracy, but good enough to reliably threaten broadside dummies.

Iowa/Missouri are much more dangerous if you give them broadside than say Musashi and FdG.

1,273 posts
8,561 battles
19 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Install the -11% dispersion mod for god sake. It go from worst in tier to best.

You probably haven't about the rumour OP is talking about.

The rumour going around is that the accuracy mod is currently bugged - it actually reduces your accuracy instead of increasing it.

As for whether it is affects Iowa too, we are not sure. But I did find my Iowa guns were letting me down a lot recently but maybe it is just me. I haven't tried Missouri recently so I am not sure.

988 posts
11,402 battles

last i played iowa a week+ ago, the shells are all over the place till i fedup and stop playing

not sure about this maybe i have very bad dispersion or its really a bug

48 posts
5,882 battles

hmm, so this is actually a thing ? because i noticed that now iowa/missouri shells doesn't group as tight like usual. as proven by my intact cruiser being shot by one some time ago

2,174 posts
13,455 battles

I can tell you one thing I think. If there is an accuracy bug then it has also hit the Izumo. My shells barely ever hit. If I then go and move into a French BB I start hitting everything, so I believe my aim hasn't changed. People have talked about the wonderful guns on Izumo but as a new Izumo captain I can't understand why they would think that.

164 posts
5,389 battles

There was a problem with Missouri accuracy, and I can confirm that it's true. I stopped playing her for a while.

However for like, 2 or 3 days recently. When i picked her up again, she's one hell of a monster. I keep topping the matches regardless of the team performance.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bee487765459efbf919f44a23a2baa05.pngimage.thumb.png.d92da32e3d59fdc6465a208ff5bcbe79.png

image.thumb.png.fa1c2240d7d8e99205dc08fa49814ea9.png

image.thumb.png.ae5fd0eb4dd9c27e52a0dfd3dca729c7.png

There was a topic about it also: 

Maybe anyone who has the same problem should try again. 

25 posts
4,941 battles
On 26/03/2018 at 11:24 PM, Thyaliad said:

You probably haven't about the rumour OP is talking about.

The rumour going around is that the accuracy mod is currently bugged - it actually reduces your accuracy instead of increasing it.

As for whether it is affects Iowa too, we are not sure. But I did find my Iowa guns were letting me down a lot recently but maybe it is just me. I haven't tried Missouri recently so I am not sure.

It’s not just you. I’ve got both Missouri and Iowa and even at 5km the dispersion is like a shotgun blast. Didn’t know about a bug with the dispersion mod though so I’ll remove that and see how i go! Thanks for the info ??

Super Tester
7,374 posts
7,883 battles
7 minutes ago, LordTyphoon said:

Are all of you for real? I find the guns to be exactly the same. 

Yes, the guns ARE exactly the same indeed. Who said that the guns were changed...

However, behavior is slightly off. And I think it's because of the recent changes in ballistics.

40 posts
2 hours ago, Moldavia said:

Notser thinks it's ok

But if you take a look at the comments section for this video, the majority of players that own one disagree with this assumption … especially with WG response of “working as intended” which opens another can of worms by interpretation that its been nerfed. 

455 posts
8,034 battles
18 minutes ago, graphite_ said:

But if you take a look at the comments section for this video, the majority of players that own one disagree with this assumption … especially with WG response of “working as intended” which opens another can of worms by interpretation that its been nerfed. 

Lets not go by what a number of players "feel". WG's initial investigation says that there is no such problem, so most likely this issue is confirmation bias. (or an april fool's joke by CCs, idk)
Data miners are trying to check if this is true, but so far results seem inconclusive, so I suggest we just wait for a final official statement

164 posts
5,389 battles

Notser got his point, everyone got their point, but no one can prove it beside WG developer. But when alot of people complain about it, (in this case the veterans as technically the Missouri can't be bought by money alone) questions must be raised.

He mentioned about an interesting point that people should be careful about what they say on the internet. Sure, it's true doubt and confusion can create negative effect, but it might be better on the long term. Rather than just leaving it in the darkness and then people stopped playing it, man I see that's alot, games that's slowly dying because no one voiced their opinion despite having issues about it (and most of the times the developer just don't care or even aware of it). 

There might be no official statement at all since its looked like they are trying to maybe just investigate it internally, unless there's any official statement that they were looking into it that i'm unaware of.

Edited by ColonelRVH

310 posts
9,984 battles

i played missouri and iowa at least 500 times in co-op and random
NOTHING CHANGE !!!!!!!        for those rumor starters, i would like to say,
you can fool the herd, but you can't fool me 

Iowa, missouri have been a little bit inaccurate for a long time,
and they never been as accurate as yamato laser guns,
even you aim at a broadside cruiser perfectly at 10km, there is still chance
scoring no hits, i knew this truth 2 years ago when i played iowa !!!!!!
and i always doubt those people who claim iowa is accurate