You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
n00b1e

got a gearing, should i got premcamo for her ?

16 comments in this topic

48 posts
6,288 battles

so, i got a gearing today and i'm wondering if the premcamo is worth the 5k doubloon tag. i got premcamo on des moines and i consider it a beneficial trade. but i don't intend to play gearing as heavily as des moines (in fact Des Moines is my main credit farmer), should i or should i not ?

2,247 posts
13,942 battles

If you buy prem camo you are tied exclusively to 1 ship, but it doesn't expire. If you get premium time you can sail any ship, but it expires. I prefer premium time myself because I don't want to be tied to 1 boat, 1 tier, etc. Premium time can usually be got at 50% a couple of times a year.

Edited by keskparane

[SEARN]
515 posts
8,011 battles

Agree with @keskparane. Save the 5K doubloons. You say you won't be playing gearing anywhere near as much as your Des memes which already has perma camo. Seems like you have answered your own question there. 

399 posts
7,210 battles

I have prem camo on gearing, fletcher, DM, hinde, YY, chung mu and montana. Worth it for the earnings but then so is premium time.

273 posts
1,235 battles

Go ahead if you can afford it...else use the doubloons to purchase premium ship

Super Tester
7,728 posts
8,031 battles

Perma camo helps the ship a bit in looks and feels department. But other than bonus credit gains, they have no use. So if you are not struggling to maintain credit income, perma camo isnt necessary. 

Perma camo is more to showing that you love that ship.

5k, in figurative terms, is almost the same cost as a T5 premium ship. So its your call. Do you love the ship enough? Then why not!!

287 posts
23,960 battles
3 hours ago, dieselhead said:

I have prem camo on gearing, fletcher, DM, hinde, YY, chung mu and montana. Worth it for the earnings but then so is premium time.

For 28K doubloons ? Why ?

Just get premium for a couple years and play the Missouri a couple of times a day.

Super Tester
7,728 posts
8,031 battles
21 minutes ago, Pervis117 said:

Just get premium for a couple years and play the Missouri a couple of times a day.

There is going to be a credit overflow...

287 posts
23,960 battles
3 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

There is going to be a credit overflow...

Yep, up to 95 mil credits atm after getting all but 1 of the T9s and T10s in the game. Mostly down to Missouri games Don't even have anything to buy except Republique.

Edited by Pervis117

980 posts
12,693 battles
16 hours ago, n00b1e said:

so, i got a gearing today and i'm wondering if the premcamo is worth the 5k doubloon tag. i got premcamo on des moines and i consider it a beneficial trade. but i don't intend to play gearing as heavily as des moines (in fact Des Moines is my main credit farmer), should i or should i not ?

Wait a few weeks - those space camos are coming.

You might be able to get a good Gearing camo for free.  

Edited by LordTyphoon

48 posts
6,288 battles
1 hour ago, LordTyphoon said:

Wait a few weeks - those space camps are coming.

You might be able to get a good Gearing camo for free.  

oh, OH. i forgot about that !

411 posts
6,218 battles
16 hours ago, n00b1e said:

Only get perma camo if you like to play the ship and also plan to play a lot... I have perma camo for Moskva, Hindenberg and Yueyang because I like to play them a lot and these are usually the ones I play in T10:Smile_child:

1,050 posts
7,719 battles
On 3/25/2018 at 2:59 AM, n00b1e said:

i got a gearing today

If you got her today, WAIT, see if you like her. Or is there a rush?

Can use the free camos for now.

48 posts
6,288 battles
56 minutes ago, Pocket_Fox said:

I'd wait for new space camo. You MIGHT be lucky enough to get it.

Who are we kidding,,, RNG will probably not favor you >.<

eh, gonna see if i can get the camo, if not i'll just buy the premcamo.

Beta Tester
628 posts
6,898 battles

Play at least 20 battles in her, preferably a lot more.  You'll soon work out if you love the ship and will play it all the time.  If you then have plenty of gold lying around and not many other camos available, and are short on credits, then buying the 5k camo may well be helpful.