You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
VALKS

PINK SHIP ICONS

56 comments in this topic

13 posts
3,304 battles

Guys plse dont be eggs and shoot at these guys! Its not always their fault. 

I personally think this part of the game is messed up.. I was marked PINK for the first time simply because some noob ignored the torp warning and sailed at a 45 degree angle straight into them I launched to help his lame ass from getting blown up. Its crazy. Then another boat side swipes me ..all in one game. Next game Im pink, wtf!? 
Ive sailed into massive firefights to drop smoke for my guys to help protect and would never ever TK!  Yet this game decides to hump the pink on anyone unjustified. They need to address this system cause its very wrong and inaccurate~! 

318 posts
10,391 battles
36 minutes ago, VALKS said:

I personally think this part of the game is messed up.. I was marked PINK for the first time simply because some noob ignored the torp warning and sailed at a 45 degree angle straight into them I launched to help his lame ass from getting blown up. Its crazy. Then another boat side swipes me ..all in one game. Next game Im pink, wtf!? 
Ive sailed into massive firefights to drop smoke for my guys to help protect and would never ever TK!  Yet this game decides to hump the pink on anyone unjustified. They need to address this system cause its very wrong and inaccurate~! 

Just once? Relax. Some of player include mine got more than once. 

Go play some co-op game for few match and it will gone.

411 posts
5,951 battles
1 hour ago, VALKS said:

Lel...for the first time? I don't know how many times I've become pink for killing a teammate doing as low as 200 hp damage, while others get away with doing 10k-15k damage...:Smile_sceptic:The system is broken and needs rework...

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,778 posts
4,026 battles

Don't take this the wrong way but we see these threads all the time and it's always from a player that has hit someone with torps.

You are pink from accumulative damage and generally not the result of one game

DO NOT launch torps when there is any risk of hitting a friendly and now you have to be careful for a dozen or so games to clear the slate 

449 posts
8,076 battles

You've gotta be more careful with your torps. It doesn't matter if you didn't do it deliberately, I get it, I've occasionally had the same situation and it sucks. But it sucks a fair bit more for a player who is concentrating on an enemy and dodging only to get torpedoed from behind by a friendly. Look around before launching, and try to be the closest friendly (to the target) before launching, or alternatively hold your fire if you're unsure.

449 posts
8,076 battles
2 hours ago, Moldavia said:

It especially sucks when you get it for killing a bot in coop - but maybe bots have feelings too.

I wonder what a bot rage-quit looks like? Does it get a blue screen of death?

1,443 posts
3 hours ago, Moldavia said:

It especially sucks when you get it for killing a bot in coop - but maybe bots have feelings too.

What about when bots team kill us? Do they turn pink??

:Smile_trollface:

Ordrazz

WG Staff
461 posts
525 battles

I'm not even safe from becoming pink, I've been pink for a few times now........:cap_popcorn:

"Pink status" Avoidance guide:

Before launching torps:

1. look left, right, front, back to make sure no allies are near immediate vicinity.
  2. do not blind fire torps.
  3. Avoid using torps for long-range engagement. I know it's unavoidable at times, but minimize it.
  4. Use your better judgement in using torpedoes. Your ship has guns for a reason.

After launching torps:

1. if you follow the above steps, and still manage to hit an ally. Do what I would do...............................................................................:fish_palm:
  2. walk away slowly from the PC when the coast is clear and do it again.................................................................:fish_palm:
  3. make sure you come back to finish the match........... and then..................................................................:fish_palm:

1,386 posts
8,092 battles
14 hours ago, VALKS said:

I personally think this part of the game is messed up.. I was marked PINK for the first time simply because some noob ignored the torp warning and sailed at a 45 degree angle straight into them I launched to help his lame ass from getting blown up. Its crazy. 

I sense a rantboi.

And yes, it is your fault. It's just like when you are driving down a highway and someone rammed into you, he takes all the responsibility, even though your car has rear view mirrors. All the same you are supposed to avoid allies in your torp path, it is mandatory, as the battle load screen tops suggested.

However I do believe the pink punishment system needs a little bit of work, for example ramming a low HP ally and cause it to sink should not be an instant pink, but the victim should be provided with a vote allowing him to decide whether to forgive.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

13 posts
3,304 battles

Hey guys and thanks for responding.  Im not bitching at the actual players about all this, Im beefing at the whole thing of whacking someone in a certain color because of. Its sorta lame tbh. Ive seen guys on the same team personally shoot many shells at players in pink. Its very sad. I wish WG would change this. 

13 posts
3,304 battles
7 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

I sense a rantboi.

And yes, it is your fault. It's just like when you are driving down a highway and someone rammed into you, he takes all the responsibility, even though your car has rear view mirrors. All the same you are supposed to avoid allies in your torp path, it is mandatory, as the battle load screen tops suggested.

However I do believe the pink punishment system needs a little bit of work, for example ramming a low HP ally and cause it to sink should not be an instant pink, but the victim should be provided with a vote allowing him to decide whether to forgive.

Rantboi???  wtf hahahaha

Ive never heard of that 'name' .. would make a good user name in Titian's tbh ???❤ 

And yes I always triple check where I launch my torps. .. everytime. 
I think the guy I hit was actually a bot fill-in player. It was in a co-op match. Systems r**ted lol

Edited by VALKS

273 posts
1,215 battles

Who can win my pink color record for having 126 battle penalty? :cap_tea: Too bad I dont have any screenshot on that. Took me almost 4 days to clear that pink color

1,443 posts
58 minutes ago, Hey_Potato said:

Who can win my pink color record for having 126 battle penalty? :cap_tea: Too bad I dont have any screenshot on that. Took me almost 4 days to clear that pink color

& what have you learnt from this ? 

Really putting your ships & account at risk of being perma banned by WG, as a serial TK'er........

:fish_glass:

Ordrazz

1,279 posts
8,576 battles
16 hours ago, Moldavia said:

Yeah all of my tks so far have been due to coop bots unexpectedly turning into my torps.

It is funny that they will actively try to avoid enemy torpedoes but downright ignore friendly ones. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Encouraging Game Violation such as team kill (or whatever the heck you call it) is bannable offense

350 posts
10 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Yeah all of my tks so far have been due to coop bots unexpectedly turning into my torps.

It is funny that they will actively try to avoid enemy torpedoes but downright ignore friendly ones. 

It could be worse, you could hit one at 10 km after you had torpedoed an enemy bot, just minutes before.

13 posts
3,304 battles

HAHAHA some of these answer have me rofl :Smile_teethhappy:
Thanks.

Cleared now, after about 8 games Im now non-pink yay.  But why pink of all colors? Why not yellow or blue or even a nice pastel mauve or something ~_~

411 posts
5,951 battles
35 minutes ago, VALKS said:

Why not yellow or blue or even a nice pastel mauve or something ~_~

That is to prevent people from intentionally TKing because they like the "change in colour" :Smile_trollface: 

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,778 posts
4,026 battles
4 hours ago, VALKS said:

HAHAHA some of these answer have me rofl :Smile_teethhappy:
Thanks.

Cleared now, after about 8 games Im now non-pink yay.  But why pink of all colors? Why not yellow or blue or even a nice pastel mauve or something ~_~

We suggested turd brown in Alpha but it blended in with the land masses

411 posts
5,951 battles

I personally think that they should get rid of Team Damage as a whole...why keep a mechanic that has no positive use? :etc_red_button: