Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Flamu does the IJN cruiser line (again)

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
293 posts
4,401 battles

 

As of this post the IHFE Mogami vid hasn't been uploaded, but expect it shortly.

Anyhoo as an IJN cruiser main I found the videos helpful.

I realized I was being over-reliant on HE and that the AP can be strong against certain angled ships, battleship superstructure etc. Flamu's style has evolved a bit since he last featured these ships. He's now much more "hang back and shoot from stealth" ranged attacks, where before it was a rougher, riskier, get in close and blast them approach. The recommended captain perks are adreneline rush, last stand, expert loader and preventative maintenance...

I guess you'd say I was disappointed to learn that Flamu's Myoko games don't look qualitatively much different than my Myoko games. He gets more damage than I do because he reads the enemy better, but in terms of positioning and strategy what he did on the Two Brothers map there is pretty much what I would have done. I say disappointed because I dunno, it was a pretty boring game to watch I was expecting once you reached unicum level  you'd be able to pull off more heroics in the ship. Instead it was all pretty routine and businesslike, kite off and fire HE while your teammates spot for you procedure.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
458 posts
7,351 battles
16 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

I realized I was being over-reliant on HE and that the AP can be strong against certain angled ships, battleship superstructure etc. Flamu's style has evolved a bit since he last featured these ships. He's now much more "hang back and shoot from stealth" ranged attacks, where before it was a rougher, riskier, get in close and blast them approach. The recommended captain perks are adreneline rush, last stand, expert loader and preventative maintenance...

I guess you'd say I was disappointed to learn that Flamu's Myoko games don't look qualitatively much different than my Myoko games. He gets more damage than I do because he reads the enemy better, but in terms of positioning and strategy what he did on the Two Brothers map there is pretty much what I would have done. I say disappointed because I dunno, it was a pretty boring game to watch I was expecting once you reached unicum level  you'd be able to pull off more heroics in the ship. Instead it was all pretty routine and businesslike, kite off and fire HE while your teammates spot for you procedure.

 

Yes the IJN 8" AP shells can be very potent. Knowing when to use which shell type for maximum affect on target is critical. As is being able to read the enemy to predict ahead of time which shell to have loaded. The longer reload times on these guns can leave you unstuck if you get caught out with the wrong shell.

I myself would expect a unicum player to have a rock solid gameplay style for each ship that minimises risk and still delivers high damage and high impact on the games outcome. Also being more experienced at reading enemy intentions and movements. Rambo style heroics rarely work on more than a handful of occasions or in very specific situations, but a rock solid play style that delivers consistent damage will work more often than not. Consistency is the key. Being routine and businesslike game in and game out while getting results, this is what I would expect from unicum players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
956 posts
4,414 battles

My Zao build I was very tempted to get EL, but ended up going RDF/CE, SI/DE, EM/AR and PM...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Furutaka->Myoukou have AP that potent in their tier match, the problem comes when you use the exact same shells in Mogami and Ibuki without increase in rate of fire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
956 posts
4,414 battles
32 minutes ago, admiral_tee said:

Flamu, iChase and Notser are my "go to" for tactics.

Yuro and Jingles are for laughs.

Notser is... Ok, his knowledge is good just I rate Flamu and iChase far higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,883 battles
18 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

guess you'd say I was disappointed to learn that Flamu's Myoko games don't look qualitatively much different than my Myoko games. He gets more damage than I do because he reads the enemy better, but in terms of positioning and strategy what he did on the Two Brothers map there is pretty much what I would have done. I say disappointed because I dunno, it was a pretty boring game to watch I was expecting once you reached unicum level  you'd be able to pull off more heroics in the ship. Instead it was all pretty routine and businesslike, kite off and fire HE while your teammates spot for you procedure.

Tbh, wows is boring to watch. That's why you see these "XYZ moments" or meme videos have so much more acceptance than full gameplay.

Also server meta is a thing. Did you see top players like CatOnBoard's games in NA and SEA? Average damage automatically drops by 20k to 30k in SEA, and these players are even better than Flamu.

IJN cruisers in general are pretty boring imo. They may have strong AP too, but they don't have the punch that US/KM/UK cruiser AP have.

Unless you are relatively close and get broadside targets, IJN AP won't do a whole lot. Your RoF is just too bad and enemy will manage to get angles.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
956 posts
4,414 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

Tbh, wows is boring to watch. That's why you see these "XYZ moments" or meme videos have so much more acceptance than full gameplay.

Also server meta is a thing. Did you see top players like CatOnBoard's games in NA and SEA? Average damage automatically drops by 20k to 30k in SEA, and these players are even better than Flamu.

IJN cruisers in general are pretty boring imo. They may have strong AP too, but they don't have the punch that US/KM/UK cruiser AP have.

Unless you are relatively close and get broadside targets, IJN AP won't do a whole lot. Your RoF is just too bad and enemy will manage to get angles.

I actually think they should minor buff most IJN CAs.

RoF or maybe make troll armour a thing for the whole line, or maybe turret angles.

The thing is they are only played because people like them. Atago aside none of them are top tier except for maybe Myoko.

In a meta sense, Zao should be in a place where you consider it because of x over the utility or DPM of other CAs. It ninja-knifes but so does everything now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
293 posts
4,401 battles
16 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

I actually think they should minor buff most IJN CAs.

The ships are strong. It's just that they are risk-averse. Flamu's distant, calculated play-style is the most effective way to play these ships ... but also the least interesting.

IFHE Mogami is up. Essentially the same deal:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

IJN CA are not strong, they are mediocore at best,

meh armor, meh citadel armor, meh guns, meh range, horrible AA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
956 posts
4,414 battles

Yeah that's the thing:

RN - smoke/radar

USN - radar/AA

KM - hydro/troll citas

SN - radar/range

FN - speed boost

Basically IJN CAs need something, concealment just isn't enough.

Don't get me wrong, I still love them but they are just generic and low DPM. IMO make em tanker or increase their RoF. Doesn't have to be a lot, but something that gives you the 'well they're good at ____'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
16 posts
8,853 battles

Feels like we asked WG to implement some gimmicks for IJN.

Idk it would be good or bad.

About boring play, i think

more veteran the player, more boring the play.

Until if he or she is very veteran, it revert back the where it begins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
434 posts
3,173 battles
On 3/24/2018 at 9:01 AM, S4pp3R said:

Yeah that's the thing:

RN - smoke/radar

USN - radar/AA

KM - hydro/troll citas

SN - radar/range

FN - speed boost

Basically IJN CAs need something, concealment just isn't enough.

Don't get me wrong, I still love them but they are just generic and low DPM. IMO make em tanker or increase their RoF. Doesn't have to be a lot, but something that gives you the 'well they're good at ____'

For what it's worth, IJN cruisers generally have the longest range torps too. That's an advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
956 posts
4,414 battles
1 hour ago, admiral_tee said:

For what it's worth, IJN cruisers generally have the longest range torps too. That's an advantage.

Situational...

Tbh I'm actually thinking a minor buff to armour/citadel and a major buff to turret angles...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
5 hours ago, admiral_tee said:

For what it's worth, IJN cruisers generally have the longest range torps too. That's an advantage.

that facing backwards

all of them except T5 and prem T8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×