You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grayghost04

Anyone experiencing Long-range hitting lag?

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
11 posts
293 battles

Though I'm not a tester, I'm trying hard to follow up the sequence.

I heard that some testers complaining about Long-range(10km+) engagements. They said even though their adjustments were correct and could see rounds were hitting enemy right there, it didn't inflict any damage nor hit. And then, some of them tried far longer drag on their shot adjustments, so in their screen rounds were hitting the sea far in front of their targets. In these cases, it worked. Even though shots were drowned to the sea in their screen, they were inflicting damage!

I guess this problem happens because Server is calculating hits and damages. When I heard it first, I suspect it is casued by bad ping. But they said they didn't experience any spiked ping and it works fine at shorter range.

I think this can be quite a pain for BB users. Anyone experienced this happening? And how do you think about that?

Edited by Grayghost04

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Yes, I red 1 thread complaining about how his accurate long shoots in his battleship just pass through the enemy ship's hitboxes. He did follow the shell to confirm it, and tested positive there's a glitch. No lag, he has stable connection though....

Edited by Mingfang47

Beta Tester
72 posts
114 battles

This might be unrelated to OP's question but I'd also like to add that your ping (or lag) plays a big roll in getting your rounds to hit enemy ships.

Players with 100+ ping with red circle/highlight next to it will have much harder time hitting ships at long ranges compared to players with lower pings.

This is mostly caused by micro-stuttering where the ships "stutters" as they don't sail in smooth motion.

On the related note, such "problem" has been proved by WoT where if you drive your tank in a straight line while observing the surroundings, you can see the stutter clearly as the area around you doesn't pass sleekly.

Same can be said for WoWS except replace the surrounding area with water and ships.

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to fix this unless you somehow improve your current ping.

I just wanted to throw out there as it has been an ongoing problem for wargaming franchises and the devs have yet to confront it which, it's kind of sucks for players who lives far away from the server.

Edited by kanade_

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

We've determined that it's not really a ping/latency issue. It's more of the game not refreshing the actual locations of the ships fast enough at very long distances.

Beta Tester
72 posts
114 battles

We've determined that it's not really a ping/latency issue. It's more of the game not refreshing the actual locations of the ships fast enough at very long distances.

That's good to know then... At least we know it's not caused by the ongoing high ping issue.

Though the whole micro-stuttering still remains on wargaming franchises. I really hoped they at least fixed or improved on WoWS but I guess I was wrong.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

First time I got this problem I thought it was a miss, (but can we hit enemy bridge after all?)

but when I use cruiser and don't have this kind of problem at range about 15 km in the same manner I hit enemy at 20 km

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

It's possible to hit the enemy bridge structures, yes, but it doesn't really do much damage.

Even with HE, and burning the "T-head" with fire?

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

Do you mean hited right on the Citadel? (structures between brigde and front turrent, or you can say ammo storage)

Beta Tester
20 posts
290 battles

I believe this isn't just an issue with lag. It's probably a glitch resulting from server calculations differing from client calculations.

Also, anyone with a stable ping like mine (10ms-20ms) and still getting this sort of rubberbanding delay where ships teleport inch by inch at long distances(10km+)?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Do you mean hited right on the Citadel? (structures between brigde and front turrent, or you can say ammo storage)

That's not where the citadel is. The citadel is buried in the bowels of the ship, usually under the waterline.

And Karias, yes. Stable ping, but teleporting ships at long distance.

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

That's not where the citadel is. The citadel is buried in the bowels of the ship, usually under the waterline.

And Karias, yes. Stable ping, but teleporting ships at long distance.

ah ok, i was thougt Citadel is ammo storage section

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Though I'm not a tester, I'm trying hard to follow up the sequence.

I heard that some testers complaining about Long-range(10km+) engagements. They said even though their adjustments were correct and could see rounds were hitting enemy right there, it didn't inflict any damage nor hit. And then, some of them tried far longer drag on their shot adjustments, so in their screen rounds were hitting the sea far in front of their targets. In these cases, it worked. Even though shots were drowned to the sea in their screen, they were inflicting damage!

I guess this problem happens because Server is calculating hits and damages. When I heard it first, I suspect it is casued by bad ping. But they said they didn't experience any spiked ping and it works fine at shorter range.

I think this can be quite a pain for BB users. Anyone experienced this happening? And how do you think about that?

Every so often shells will pass straight through a ship for me at over 10km ranges, i have just assumed it is because of my 100MS latency, does not really effect my gameplay much, aim slightly further ahead, shells will actually hit. After playing MMo's for over 8 years with aussie interwebs it is something you learn lol.
Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
11 posts
293 battles

I believe this isn't just an issue with lag. It's probably a glitch resulting from server calculations differing from client calculations.

Also, anyone with a stable ping like mine (10ms-20ms) and still getting this sort of rubberbanding delay where ships teleport inch by inch at long distances(10km+)?

Thx for input. Until I hear this, I recognized same problem from 50ms-100ms users. Now, I believe this is cleary a glitch within server calculations. Hope St. Petersburg got on for fix.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I'm guessing it's a similar problem to the old WoT teleporting-MT thing.

No, its not the problem here, since our computer must adaptwith our binocular  for seconds, and we start firing when that teleporting thing gone