Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Soloun

Aigle Missions

14 comments in this topic

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
187 posts
6,575 battles

No mission today for the Aigle Marathon? Or is my client crapping out? It sometimes bugs out and says my progress is zero until I log out and back.

I missed some of the early ones and need all the remaining to get enough done, although I'm not sure how many remaining there are.

I do enjoy these long term missions where you get a ship, even if I never play it much it's still fun to have this as a goal.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,721 battles
2 hours ago, ILLBBACK2604 said:

If you had to spend money for this ship you would never buy it, there are far better T6 DDs in the Tech Tree.

It is a bit underwhelming. One of those ships that isnt a gunboat or a torpedo boat really, so just left me feeling 'meh'

Super Tester
7,729 posts
8,031 battles
34 minutes ago, j0e90 said:

It is a bit underwhelming. One of those ships that isnt a gunboat or a torpedo boat really, so just left me feeling 'meh'

Well, she is a good gunboat on paper, it's just the bad handling and gun angles......

Cause 4.8s reload on 5x 139 mm guns are actually pretty good. You get 5s reload for 4x 130mm guns for Ognevoi :P

1,385 posts
9,060 battles
45 minutes ago, j0e90 said:

Nah it is a full gunboat. Don't let the torps fool you. Sure they can be used, but don't plan your strategy around them.

Play it like the Russians. Support friendly DDs in contesting caps. Shoot enemy DDs and burn enemy BBs to the ground. :cap_haloween:

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,721 battles
22 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Well, she is a good gunboat on paper, it's just the bad handling and gun angles......

Cause 4.8s reload on 5x 139 mm guns are actually pretty good. You get 5s reload for 4x 130mm guns for Ognevoi :P

Yeah, the reloads great, but like you say the turret angles + rotation, kiting in this is pretty meh.

48 posts
6,288 battles
57 minutes ago, j0e90 said:

Yeah, the reloads great, but like you say the turret angles + rotation, kiting in this is pretty meh.

don't forget the torps. hit like a truck, shame the 51kn speed making you unable to hit anything. 

my personal experience using aigle for the french gold campaign is nothing less than a torture of surviving until the crowd either split or getting HE spammed by cruisers, running from AP is not feasible too, found it better to let them hit for overpens instead getting full pens by stern

Super Tester
7,729 posts
8,031 battles
16 minutes ago, n00b1e said:

don't forget the torps. hit like a truck, shame the 51kn speed making you unable to hit anything. 

my personal experience using aigle for the french gold campaign is nothing less than a torture of surviving until the crowd either split or getting HE spammed by cruisers, running from AP is not feasible too, found it better to let them hit for overpens instead getting full pens by stern

I did all Aigle mission in coop. 5 minutes games, 1100-1200 XP each time. EzPz.

48 posts
6,288 battles
Just now, icy_phoenix said:

I did all Aigle mission in coop. 5 minutes games, 1100-1200 XP each time. EzPz.

wait, you can do it in coop ? why the eff i'm doing it in random then ? dammit i'm an idiot

Super Tester
7,729 posts
8,031 battles
4 minutes ago, n00b1e said:

wait, you can do it in coop ? why the eff i'm doing it in random then ? dammit i'm an idiot

Ya, apart from the first task in each stage, the rest 3 are doable in coop and pretty easy goals for coop too. The hardest is the 40k XP with Richie/Gascogne. But still, you can do that in 4 days.

Btw, doesn't work in scenarios.

48 posts
6,288 battles
Just now, icy_phoenix said:

Ya, apart from the first task in each stage, the rest 3 are doable in coop and pretty easy goals for coop too. The hardest is the 40k XP with Richie/Gascogne. But still, you can do that in 4 days.

Btw, doesn't work in scenarios.

god bless you @icy_phoenix . god bless you

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
187 posts
6,575 battles

I think its the fun of doing the missions with a goal that is good, the ship might not ever get more then one run but still keeps me wanting to log in to complete it. Each to their own I guess. 

Sign in to follow this