Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Soloun

Tears of the Desert - EPI

5 comments in this topic

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,430 battles

Has anyone else noticed that the new map for Tears allows you to go into the center and own it if you spawn south and get in behind the island with the town? 

I keep seeing it in almost every game of epi on this map, the enemy has to go a full 180 degree past the center line to even see you and then be in the open to engage you while you can hide behind the island and shoot over it, it's amazing as a Mino, you need to spawn south though, on the north side you can be hit from exterior areas.

WG may, or may not, want to have a look at this, I think it's a issue, could just be me though, please consider this as intended as "helpful" info, NOT OMG OMG drama crap :) Thanks.

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,982 battles

The moment when you had to add this in the end :cap_haloween:

2 hours ago, Soloun said:

please consider this as intended as "helpful" info, NOT OMG OMG drama crap :)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

26850528_1998066997186304_84531474203324

pls elaborate, since the city is so small i dont even bother to remember which is which

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,430 battles

Island loc is A4 on that map above, it is a small triangle shape with the southern west edge almost perfectly inline with the angle of the spawns.

To the north the enemy has to go into the open to fire into that area, in the south similar if not further before you can effectively hit anything in there. The whole time your fully exposed to fire from a large portion of their team unless they are special players :)

If this was a cap game other then EPI then OK but as it stands you can run in there at the start and sit there capping centre out and the enemy has to flank to engage you and go out into the open etc.

You can rush the other side but you can be engaged from much safer positions by the enemy team both south and north due to the angles of the northern side of the island. 

It seems to be a bit much of an advantage, but that's just me. Perhaps rotate the entire island 90 degress to address this?

OR stop putting EPI as a possible match type for this map :) We still call it tears of the cruisers for a reason :) Although the changes do help and are decent and well considered, mostly. 

Sign in to follow this