fungusc

SUBMARINES! :D ;D

155 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/cbt/faq

TL;DR: Devs will never ever be implementing subs. It just doesn't match the playstyle of the game.

• Subs are very slow when submerged
  • While subs are slightly faster when surfaced, they're sitting ducks to enemy fire
  • If damaged, you can bet your house that it won't be able to submerge

Subs were used more for supply line harassment, rather than direct fleet-on-fleet action.

Edited by benlisquare

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

imagine a map full of submerged subs or U-boats

see? that's why it's a no..

like the other's said, it's practically a sitting duck when surfaced (well you could fire your DD like pellet guns lol)

Beta Tester
6 posts
1,103 battles

well,if there's no sub so the war not complete at all:teethhappy:

so, you want more torpedo spammer? and cruisers and filthy destroyers arent enough for you? and, you know how hard battleships avoid these filthy torpedoes? :angry:

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

so, you want more torpedo spammer? and cruisers and filthy destroyers arent enough for you? and, you know how hard battleships avoid these filthy torpedoes? :angry:

please stop calling other classes filthy, just because you only sail around in battleships, the one class of ship built for looks, not use.

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

AWWW, I can't wait how submarines in WoWS would look like! :D:D D

First thing you should to know why submarines didn't add in the game... It's a SUBMARINE. Using torpedoes to attack the enemys, can swim to avoid shelling attack, and more important, UNDETECTABLE because only few ship with sonar can detect, especially destroyer. If you play NF (NavyFIELD) you can understand why people hates them

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

please stop calling other classes filthy, just because you only sail around in battleships, the one class of ship built for looks, not use.

i understand that he is wrong but you dont have to go and talk like that about BB

BB have it reason to be in game and it not useless

[BMRSF]
420 posts
1,221 battles

If there's submarine...

The U.S Destroyer could use full capabilities you know 

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

I think submarines should be a part of the game, sure, their implementation would be very unhistorical in favour of better gameplay but they are one of the most recognisable aspects of naval warfare, especially in relation to the second world war, and if balanced correctly they could present a very unique playstyle, I mean it's not like real life stuff ever stopped WG from changing stats/making stuff up to make it work in-game.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,831 posts
4,110 battles

I wonder if all the sub fanbois would play them is they realise that  they spent the majority of their time on the surface, sinking a lot of ships with deck guns.   Hence the reason they have a traditional hull shape compared to modern subs.  A sub couldn't get anywhere at any speed unless it was surfaced as it was limited by battery power and needed to be surfaced to charge its batteries as well.  They only dove when under attack from anti submarine aircraft or diving near convoys etc and rarely attacked in daylight.  In the early parts of the second world war they were required to surface near the ships and tell the captains that they were going to sink them as part of the rules of limited warfare.

I can just see people in a sub on WOWS, doing 6 knots and never getting anywhere near the gameplay............................

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

If, and thats a big IF, Subs are introduced, I would guess that they will be AI controlled, placed in random positions on the map, possibly for missions and the like.

I can not see them being player control, they are just too slow under water to be effective.

Beta Tester
8 posts
111 battles

if they were to add submarines they would likely add them a couple of years after the full release because they will need time to make all the nations tech tress that aren't out yet like British line, Germany, ext.   

Beta Tester
11 posts
1,848 battles

Subs were used by both Japaneese and Americans in the pacific..still it would make game play a shoot fest for torpedoes..bad enough dodging torpedoe bommbers right on top of you...just cant manouver away fast enough..just watch as they hit.   should make the bombers strike at a further distance to allow evasion.

39 posts
1,631 battles

If there are SS on the game then there will be a Depth Charge, and Sonars

and there will be many Mines too when you Submerged your submarine and the Map will getting larger and larger and it will Load slower.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,831 posts
4,110 battles

Subs were used by both Japaneese and Americans in the pacific..still it would make game play a shoot fest for torpedoes..bad enough dodging torpedoe bommbers right on top of you...just cant manouver away fast enough..just watch as they hit.   should make the bombers strike at a further distance to allow evasion.

You are aware that the predominant use of submarines by the Japanese in the Pacific was for the movement of supplies?