Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lee_Hongjin

Can't seem to land hits with Fuso

18 comments in this topic

47 posts
595 battles

I have been sucking at hitting stuff with Fuso, even if I have perfect aim I don't do great damage, even to Cruisers.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles
9 minutes ago, Wolvenworks said:

meanwhile i'm still stuck with myogi...i swear its gun layout is killing Myogi.

Meanwhile I never went past Myogi because its a boring line of ships to play

Beta Tester
25 posts
7,263 battles
17 hours ago, Wolvenworks said:

Wait 'til you get to Izumo and play it stock.

It takes ages to turn, ages to accelerate, big as an island and paper armor (it's an XP piñata).

80 posts
455 battles

already thinking of stopping at Kongou. have been considering if going to Fuso would be worth it since:

1) i'm still stuck in Myogi

2) thinking to switching to CAs since they fire faster, but not as flaky as DDs

1 post
2,254 battles

Fuso’s dispersion isn’t even that bad. I know RNG disappoints very often, but with 12 barrels I found it very hard to miss.

For Myogi, I’m pretty sure you can equip artillery plotting room, which helps some. Best thing with Myogi is to load HE shells and troll whichever DD charges at you. Actually so much fun. XD

And if you want to switch from Jap BBs to a cruiser line, DO NOT choose the American CAs. Jap or German ftw. Although neither are anything like BBs, they are so much easier to play.

Have fun!

156 posts
4,055 battles

On 3/16/2018 at 5:04 PM, Lee_Hongjin said:

I have been sucking at hitting stuff with Fuso, even if I have perfect aim I don't do great damage, even to Cruisers.

Fuso is the first ship in the IJN BB line where you start feeling the power. From Fuso onwards the accuracy and the lethality of the guns increases. The high range of main guns on the IJN BB's make players believe they can snipe from 15+ km and get away with it, only to be disappointed with low accuracy. On the contrary you will be rewarded if you can move in and fire at sub 12 km targets. 

With the Fuso, players often get focus fired and punished if they move in with a easily-citadellable slow moving clumsy ship. More so because other players think the Fuso to be threat! Its one of the primitive designs of the game and needs tactical positioning and map alertness to produce good results. Get fire prevention and basics  of survivability to tank more and by no means show your broadside to any enemy BB. Also, keep track of enemy DD's on the map so that they dont touch your parts which are concealed under water. Fuso is a team player so better not wander off from you team. When focus fired, this ship can melt in minutes. Push in with your team and always keep in mind how you can disengage if need be. 

A Fuso is a cruiser's nightmare at medium to close ranges. Also, at times it pays off to hold your fire for a few seconds to unleash your salvo on that perfect broadside. 

Fuso is my highest damage grossing T6 BB. Again all this is my experience with the ship, your mileage may vary. 

156 posts
4,055 battles
On 3/26/2018 at 10:41 AM, Wolvenworks said:

On 3/26/2018 at 10:51 AM, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Meanwhile I never went past Myogi because its a boring line of ships to play

On 3/27/2018 at 8:18 AM, Wolvenworks said:

already thinking of stopping at Kongou. have been considering if going to Fuso would be worth it since:

1) i'm still stuck in Myogi

2) thinking to switching to CAs since they fire faster, but not as flaky as DDs

Yes the Myogi and Kongou are terrible ships to grind through, but once you reach Fuso and upgrade it, its so much relief. Only till the Amagi however. The Izumou is a much bigger pain in the arse then the T4 & T5. 

492 posts
7,661 battles
On 3/27/2018 at 9:41 AM, iDd_Sloth said:

Wait 'til you get to Izumo and play it stock.

It takes ages to turn, ages to accelerate, big as an island and paper armor (it's an XP piñata).

Agreed. But what comes after Izumo?

Totally worth it.

On 4/6/2018 at 10:46 PM, Anger_Lehner said:

Yes the Myogi and Kongou are terrible ships to grind through, but once you reach Fuso and upgrade it, its so much relief. Only till the Amagi however. The Izumou is a much bigger pain in the arse then the T4 & T5. 

Huh? Kongo was one of my most enjoyable grinds. Ship and guns perform very well. Even kept it after getting Fuso so i could use Kongo in the ops when T5 ships were still allowed.

156 posts
4,055 battles
14 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Huh? Kongo was one of my most enjoyable grinds. Ship and guns perform very well. Even kept it after getting Fuso so i could use Kongo in the ops when T5 ships were still allowed.

Yeah Kongou might not be that bad too but I recently went through the grind to get Fuso. The MM these days for T5's are not that great. Very often you have to face T7 bully.  Lack of guns and not so great dispersion made my experience with this ship not so fun. Ofc it's a different story when you face T4 or T5 MM. But how frequently does that happen nowadays? 

47 posts
595 battles

Fuso is truly a close range shotgun, untterly destroyed a broadsideing Dunkerque.

350 posts
On 4/8/2018 at 8:55 PM, HobartAWD said:

Agreed. But what comes after Izumo?

That's the Yamato since Izumo is Tier 9. At topic, I agree with the points that Fuso is best used at mid-range targets where dispersion isn't as bad as it would long range. It takes a lot of practice to hit targets at long range though and damage is still minimal because of dispersion. 

492 posts
7,661 battles
1 minute ago, Sting_Ray_05 said:

That's the Yamato since Izumo is Tier 9. At topic, I agree with the points that Fuso is best used at mid-range targets where dispersion isn't as bad as it would long range. It takes a lot of practice to hit targets at long range though and damage is still minimal because of dispersion. 

Thanks for the info......... but it was a rhetorical question. People complain about Izumo but after suffering through the grind you get glorious Yamato. 18.1" guns that overmatch anything and best in game BB sigma. However even my Yamato despite the sigma value feels like the shell groupings are not anywhere near as tight as before.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

you kidding, i got heavily damage by rained by fuso in my gneis from 15km range

i thought he wont be able to hit me at max speed (30 knots) at that range 

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

I often get triggered when someone use IJN BB and play in safe distance. Knowing already the ship won't contribute much in that way. Sure 1/100 match will get nice result where all long 20km shoot hit target, but the rest 99 matches are lurking in the bottom 5 of match report.

5 posts
533 battles
On 4/6/2018 at 8:46 PM, Anger_Lehner said:

Yes the Myogi and Kongou are terrible ships to grind through...

But...but...muh BURNING LOVE!

FWIW, I'm still grinding the Myogi to go for the Kongou, just because of the BURNING LOVE! :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this