You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WinnerChickenDinner

Aircraft Carrier Operations?

10 comments in this topic

5 posts
1,524 battles

So i basically just got my bogue aircraft carrier, but im wondering before i begin my grind for tier 6, can aircraft carriers be brought into operations?

I feel like that if they dont i would have grinded for nothing.

Edited by WinnerChickenDinner

154 posts
345 battles

if you feel independence sux, move to IJN CV line. T6~T8 USN CV is inferior.... but after T9 and T10 they become good

its not too late to move to IJN CV

5 posts
1,524 battles
55 minutes ago, Rwasknum said:

if you feel independence sux, move to IJN CV line. T6~T8 USN CV is inferior.... but after T9 and T10 they become good

its not too late to move to IJN CV

i recently also got the Zuiho as well, but i would rather grind for the american carriers.

[DIY]
65 posts
5,423 battles

Yes you can but must remind that every ships will be equipped with AA Def consumable if available.

83 posts
3,463 battles

I used to quite like the USN CV's...right up until they took away my AS loadout.
Now I just get loads of hate when my single fighter squad cant hold back 4 squads of dmg dealers and a fighter all on their own. And RIP me if IJN choose their own AS loadout.
Great, you have as many fighters as I have squads in total at t6 and just 1 less at t7.
Completely stole any desire I had for pushing that line XD

Edited by hughfj08

1,034 posts
7,503 battles
22 hours ago, WinnerChickenDinner said:

i recently also got the Zuiho as well, but i would rather grind for the american carriers.

For the current operation, Killer Whale, I find that the IJN Ryujo (1x fighter, 2x bomber and 2x torps) is better to do damage to ships, compared to Independence (1x fighter, 2x bomber and 2x torps).

I find that with Ryujo I'm generally further up in the team table, compared to Independence. With the 2 torp squads on Ryujo you can do cross-drops and even kill DD's, Independence cannot do that with the single squad.

But I have to say I'm a lousy carrier player, my results may not reflect the capabilities of the carriers very well.

Before one of the latest updates, there was an Independence setup for air-superiority. Was not so good to do damage, but great to clear the skies... but that has been changed.

One thing to keep in mind for any scenario with forts: forts do have powerful AA! Wait for the team to take them down, or your squadrons get shredded above them.

The operations are excellent to train captains or earn XP / credits.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
49 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Independence (1x fighter, 2x bomber and 2x torps).

what?

*checks wiki*

what?

50 posts
5,570 battles
1 hour ago, Harpoon01 said:

what?

*checks wiki*

what?

Ok, it's clearly a typo. But thank you, oh so much, thank you, for pointing that out (leave the guy alone already, sheesh).