You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Xplod2064

Republique Secondary or Main Battery Build?

29 comments in this topic

154 posts
345 battles

i think people misunderstood how to use secondary....

its mainly used to help DD in the cap terorizing enemy DD or CL that go into cap. as long as there is island, BB just need to behind island. but the secondary i ready to fire at the cap. some maps is even more advantageous to secondary  phew-phew enemy DD. also there is another use of burn chance when facing enemy BB.

secondary is just secondary, you dont need to always go brawl in the front (as people always think about brawl bb) . but when you need, it will be usefull.

its like RDF, people misunderstood and say it was useless and sux.... there is a lot of argument like map awareness and other skill is more usefull. i cannt say the argument is wrong, but RDF have its own use and some ship or player really benefit from it.

so why secondary range is really needed for some BB? because their main gun is sux, if i want to focus on my main gun build. i will play USN, IJN, or RN BB.

French and German BB have long secondary yet terrible sniper ability. their must at least have 11+ km secondary to make use.

so, no matter what build you take.... this muss have on Alsace & Republique! (riche and other below tier secondary sux)

Icon_modernization_PCM005_SecondaryGun_M +    Icon_AdvancedFiringTraining_dark.png&key

its like doubting why shimakaze and french CA need RDF.......

778 posts
7,965 battles
17 hours ago, Rwasknum said:

secondary is just secondary, you dont need to always go brawl in the front (as people always think about brawl bb) . but when you need, it will be usefull.

The issue is....in current HE spamming meta, Republique gets toasted pretty easily. Only thing that it has up its sleeve are the fast firing guns, so why not prioritize buffing those guns? Also, in my previous comments, I've mentioned that secondaries and AA get destroyed, rendering your investment in them useless(which happens more often in case of Republique). I agree that having "something that might come in handy when I get into certain conditions" is not a bad idea, but why not instead have "something that will always be handy"? 

18 hours ago, Rwasknum said:

its like RDF, people misunderstood and say it was useless and sux.... there is a lot of argument like map awareness and other skill is more usefull. i cannt say the argument is wrong, but RDF have its own use and some ship or player really benefit from it.

Those who say RDF or Radio Location is useless, they haven't played DDs that much...But this is another perk that helps you all the time, unlike secondaries, which help you only when you are at close range. That is why a full secondary build is not recommended...AFT and some Upgrades that buff BOTH AA and Secondaries can be taken but pls don't take BFT and Manual Secondary...:Smile_sceptic:

154 posts
345 battles
17 minutes ago, _TAMAL_ said:

That is why a full secondary build is not recommended...AFT and some Upgrades that buff BOTH AA and Secondaries can be taken but pls don't take BFT and Manual Secondary...:Smile_sceptic:

i am never recommend full secondary build.... just aft and upgrade range. just look at earlier post, i recommend it to be hybrid and versatile in all situation.

sadly this republique dont have spotter plane that i want to cry. weird why WG make useless helipad instead.

if she got catapult plane, it will be nice.

778 posts
7,965 battles
13 minutes ago, Rwasknum said:

i am never recommend full secondary build.... just aft and upgrade range. just look at earlier post, i recommend it to be hybrid and versatile in all situation.

Hybrid is ok...:Smile_honoring:

15 minutes ago, Rwasknum said:

useless helipad

:Smile_teethhappy: