Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Is there more to Konigsberg than Konigsberg?

20 comments in this topic

349 posts
4,887 battles

Of the three T5 cruisers I've played so far (Omaha, Furutaka, and Konigsberg) it's the German one that's missing the feels.

I'm 58% WR on 24 games, so it's not like I do badly or even that I dislike the ship ... I just, well, I find Konigsberg to be something of a one-trick pony.

You get superb arcs, high rate of fire, long range range guns on a weak, slow, and cumbersome ship. The obvious strategy, and the only one that I have found to work, is to keep about 14-15km to the lead enemy ship and shoot-shoot-shoot.

Once every five games or so I notice the tubular objects bolted to the side of the ship and fire them off into open ocean to make sure they still work.

The torp line indicator is most useful as an aiming aid for the shells.

Is there any viable strategy that involves getting closer than 10 km to an enemy ship?

154 posts
345 battles

Koenigsberg is second best cruiser in the game after Emil-Bertin.

with the A-XY turret configuration, try get close to enemy undetected.... dont firing yet,  turn your ass to enemy, now firing. so your 2 gun will phew phew enemy while you are running away.

the koenigsberg is kiting ship. lso nurnberg got similiar playstyle. Torp is only 6 km, you use it when ONLY IN DIRE SITUATION. otherwise, keep max distance to enemy. you out ranged most of cruiser T4~T5 ship and easily dodged them from afar. also effective againts BB.

i repeat, its sniper and kiter. not brawler

and btw, play CV instead :V

15977338_368895816823994_817547268947764

Edited by Rwasknum

154 posts
345 battles
20 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

T5 CL/CA : Kirov>>Emile Bertin>>Konigsberg>>Omaha>>Emerald>>Furutaka

i thought Omaha is the worst...

btw, Emil Bertin best CL.....

43 knot speed???

high burn chance???

good gun accuracy???

even EmilBertin can win againt 3 T5~T6 BB (except fuso) at the same time, can Kirov do it?

koenigsberg got buff 1/4 German HE, so yeah... kirov i third, and omaha is the worst

[LBAS]
4,591 posts
26,024 battles
1 hour ago, Rwasknum said:

i thought Omaha is the worst...

btw, Emil Bertin best CL.....

43 knot speed???

high burn chance???

good gun accuracy???

even EmilBertin can win againt 3 T5~T6 BB (except fuso) at the same time, can Kirov do it?

koenigsberg got buff 1/4 German HE, so yeah... kirov i third, and omaha is the worst

Russian Bias

before 13.5s reload buff, Kirov was a monster at T5

after WeeGee buff it,  I sold immediately

shot-16.07.23_19.15.17-0675.jpg

Edited by MatterCore

Super Tester
7,765 posts
8,043 battles
4 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Is there any viable strategy that involves getting closer than 10 km to an enemy ship?

You gonna feel Konigsgerg power once you start using the AP. She is the best fire starter at T5, especially with that built in 1/4th HE pen. And then as soon as some plebs show broadside to you (or more like you get yourself into a position to get the braodside of enemy ships) you gonna obliterate them with your superior AP and RoF. Wait, that includes broadsding BBs too.

However, make no mistake, you should always be in a position ready to retreat. You will never make the turn, unless you are already turned. You have practically no armor to speak about. Perfect example of the Ultimate Glass Canon.

About strategy, tier 5 maps do have a lot of ground cover to get yourself in range of isolated enemy. However, trust me, you can citadel hit cruisers at max range. You do not need to get close unless all the BBs that may shoot you are dealt with. And you play against BBs from max range.

You burn pretty well, you will be surprised. Your HE alpha isnt good, so once you set fire and there arent more targets to set fire upon, switch to AP and hammer the superstructure/bow/stern.

From my experience, Konigsberg was a blast. Granted I only played 10 battles with her, but I don't play low tiers once the grinding gets done. Cause I find it pointless.

konigsberg.thumb.JPG.6e36608f4bf17b3f87023ba8f89d48c5.JPG

Although I will agree with others commenting about Emile. Nothing in T5 can even come close to the efficiency of Emile. Imo Omaha and clones are still the crappiest T5 cruisers (not counting Crispy Cream). Then Kirov (cause the shells are pathetic and the ship handling is the worst in the tier) in terms of crappyness. Konigsberg is very strong comparing to these.

2 hours ago, MatterCore said:

before 13.5s reload buff, Kirov was a monster at T5

after WeeGee buff it,  I sold immediately

Was this a sarcasm? Kirov has pathetic floaty HE shells. She was rubbish before, rubbish now as well. May be just a little less. Kirov has horrible penetration at range. And she doesn't turn, really bad concealment... idk man.

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,386 posts
8,351 battles
3 hours ago, MatterCore said:

T5 CL/CA : Kirov>>Emile Bertin>>Konigsberg>>Omaha>>Emerald>>Furutaka

Kirov IMO isn't superb. 180mm while having good penetration, doesn't do better than 152mm in terms of overmatching. Thus most T5 cruisers can angle at you to avoid any serious damage by AP. And seriously the new Furutaka is anything but bad, if one invest in fully upgrading her.

Reasonable layout, AB-X check

Guns, 203mm at T5, check

torpedoes, 10km IJN CA best arc, check

protection, reasonably low citadel (for T5), thick mid section, check

FYI, Kirov's ballistics is far inferior compared to Molotov/DmDonskoi, has a mere 40-50mm better penetrating power than the French 152mm/55, and the shell flight time is very similar. So if you can punch holes with Kirov AP, Emile Breton can almost certainly do as well.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Super Tester
7,765 posts
8,043 battles

If I were to rank tier 5 tech tree cruisers, id probably go something like this

Emile > Furutaka > Konigsberg > Omaha > Kirov > Emerald

Actually in my previous post, I forgot Emerald exists. Emerald would be fine, cause she has smoke, however, her ballistics are just too bad. Only T5 cruiser I skipped.

Super Tester
2,725 posts
13 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Just keep in mind that ships' gun caliber & above and torpedoes can damage you severely so before you engage the target, just read the minimap (press + button to enlarge the minimap)

166 posts
5,521 battles

Nv1J8A1.png

pgwvwMK.pnguJFhks3.png

I do the usual, going around island, along with DD into smoke. Most of the time I just battle against other CAs. The accuracy is amazing, if the enemy is careless i could go for their citadel right away. 

I have played Furutaka and Omaha so far and Kõnig feels superior to them.

Also i think Omaha was good, nearly identical play style to Murmansk.

349 posts
4,887 battles
18 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Although I will agree with others commenting about Emile. Nothing in T5 can even come close to the efficiency of Emile. Imo Omaha and clones are still the crappiest T5 cruisers (not counting Crispy Cream). Then Kirov (cause the shells are pathetic and the ship handling is the worst in the tier) in terms of crappyness. Konigsberg is very strong comparing to these.

That's at least the second time you've recommended Emile so I decided to cash in the FreeXP and try.

Le LOLs!

It's like a naked, greased up Furutaka. Furu played at 1.5x speed: faster traverse, faster reload, faster strait line speed. 50% more guns. Fungasmic.

I still like the durability/staying power/versatility of Furutaka, but yeah, I have to agree with you all on Emile. Hilarious fun until you put a step wrong.

Edited by Rina_Pon

154 posts
345 battles
21 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

That's at least the second time you've recommended Emile so I decided to cash in the FreeXP and try.

Le LOLs!

It's like a naked, greased up Furutaka. Furu played at 1.5x speed: faster traverse, faster reload, faster strait line speed. 50% more guns. Fungasmic.

I still like the durability/staying power/versatility of Furutaka, but yeah, I have to agree with you all on Emile. Hilarious fun until you put a step wrong.

i will warn you, La Glass sux so much that you will cry.... Algerie is meh, but no that bad....

aand! the charles martel is god tier CA!

Super Tester
7,765 posts
8,043 battles
5 hours ago, Rwasknum said:

i will warn you, La Glass sux so much that you will cry.... Algerie is meh, but no that bad....

No she doesn't suck. You need to be careful cause you start seeing those heavy bb guns and cruisers with higher calibers or ifhe infused crap.

5 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Furutaka is very strong, but trust me, wows damage model is simple, rof and range wins the game. Gun caliber is much less vital. Besides, imagine how hilarious it will be when you will be chasing Kamikazes with your Emile.

Additionally, Emile is pretty tough too. You have spaced armor which can help against low caliber he spam at range. Besides most players will under-lead you.

[SGC]
197 posts
10,415 battles
On 3/16/2018 at 8:20 PM, Rwasknum said:

Erm, La Glass is bae.

1.jpg

1,004 posts
11,915 battles
On 3/16/2018 at 8:20 PM, Rwasknum said:

i'm not that lucky in charles martel, getting crap on alot by T10 bb and cruisers

sometimes even from as far as 20KM kiting away still the shells will land on me doing big damage

playing this ship is like arms wide open welcome any shells lol

154 posts
345 battles
10 minutes ago, ahwai82 said:

i'm not that lucky in charles martel, getting crap on alot by T10 bb and cruisers

sometimes even from as far as 20KM kiting away still the shells will land on me doing big damage

playing this ship is like arms wide open welcome any shells lol

you dont kite, you dodge.... also if you have incoming fire alert.... its useless dont depend on it. what you truly need is watchout for priority target. if there is more than 2 ship targeting you... keep conceal.

if there is only 1 or 2 ship aim at you..... Initial D : Inertia Driiiiiffffttt.....

[dont EVER USE HARD LATE BREAKING... if you slowdown, ded is guarantee. just Q and E. dont WASD]

1,004 posts
11,915 battles
35 minutes ago, Rwasknum said:

you dont kite, you dodge.... also if you have incoming fire alert.... its useless dont depend on it. what you truly need is watchout for priority target. if there is more than 2 ship targeting you... keep conceal.

if there is only 1 or 2 ship aim at you..... Initial D : Inertia Driiiiiffffttt.....

[dont EVER USE HARD LATE BREAKING... if you slowdown, ded is guarantee. just Q and E. dont WASD]

these are shots from far away, i know nearer target targeting me thats why i keep at a angle but plunging shells hit the deck boom instant 10 to 15K damage

its always a montana that did this lol

just my poor luck with this ship 

154 posts
345 battles
37 minutes ago, ahwai82 said:

these are shots from far away, i know nearer target targeting me thats why i keep at a angle but plunging shells hit the deck boom instant 10 to 15K damage

its always a montana that did this lol

just my poor luck with this ship 

you just need to play more. later by later you will realize how to dodge BB shell

if you want to practice in easier mode, get emile bertin and keep distant at 13km~14km. taunt BB to shoot at you....

if you get killed easily, the problem is not the ship or your luck..... its your dodging skill.

and maybe you should turnon vertical synchro and turnoff reduce gui  refresh rate on setting. sometimes after patch, setting changed and WTF i got killed by unknown object. no shell flying but i got boom

later i found my setting was changed.

1,004 posts
11,915 battles
2 hours ago, Rwasknum said:

you just need to play more. later by later you will realize how to dodge BB shell

if you want to practice in easier mode, get emile bertin and keep distant at 13km~14km. taunt BB to shoot at you....

if you get killed easily, the problem is not the ship or your luck..... its your dodging skill.

and maybe you should turnon vertical synchro and turnoff reduce gui  refresh rate on setting. sometimes after patch, setting changed and WTF i got killed by unknown object. no shell flying but i got boom

later i found my setting was changed.

i played tons of cruiser match lol, sometimes its just luck or rng..like once i citadel a zao with my iowa..the guy kiting away showing his back i shoot land on deck its a citadel

random things can happen just more with charles martel

Sign in to follow this