You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MissMeMiss

How to play Pan Asia DD ?

30 comments in this topic

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

I have DD - IJN T7 & USN T7. Understand their specialty and flaws, develop the style to play them.
But I still don't have a grip to play with the Pan Asia's DD. Currently own T5.

How to play this ship ? ... From T4 ~ T10 if you can answer it as preference in the future.

154 posts
345 battles

i am free XP the entire pan asia DD to get the Gadjah Mada... so cannt tell much about other line.

BUT, Gadjah MADA IS GREAT!

just saying, Gadjah Mada dont afraid radar ship... 

Gadjah Mada got 10min smoke duration (superintended and premium).... insane fast cooldown.

i got super upgrade smoke... make it more beep beep crab

btw, the torpedo sux..... its actually easy to hit target (due to lelwater torp detectabilityis only 0.8km)

BUT... oh mai gad, its so hard to get multiple torp hit -_- the spread is too god damned wide....

and its main gun is insane, fast, accurate... and the most stupid is very high chance of burn.

its like playing atlanta with smoke but no radar..... except the burn chance is high

if there is CV spotting for you, enemy is basically DOOMED. pop out smoke, hide, phew phew evrywhere!!!

411 posts
6,146 battles

I played from Fu Shun, so can't comment about T5 and below....

In General: Try to push into cap in an angle, be in a position to bail out asap while staying angled towards general direction where torps can come from. Try to identify the threat, If you outgun the enemy dd, go and fight while constantly maneuvering and changing speed, stay parallel so that you can disengage anytime when needed. Repeat the process until the threat goes. If they out gun you, try and relocate, go to other cap. At T8+ your guns will get floaty, so in general, dont shoot anything that is 7km and going away from you unless you really have to; shoot if the opposite is true...Try getting Radio Location ASAP...it'll keep you constantly updated with information. Always keep track of what dd you need to face....this makes it hell of a lot more easier. All the while, keep sending torps towards enemies(specially BBs) and try to zone out channels with torps...NEVER SHOOT BOTH TORPS AT THE EXACT SAME DIRECTION, make sure they cover the widest possible area(with narrow spread, not wide spread)...this tremendously increases your hitting potential and remember, these are *DEEP* shiit...they hit most unexpected targets in most unexpected ways possible :cap_haloween:use smoke up to T9(T8 and T9 radar duration is too low), then its up to you if you want to play with Radar or Smoke in T10...I personally play my Yueyang with Radar as I mostly play in division...

Shipwise: 

Fu Shun has great guns and fast reloading torps...It also has good concealment. You can easily fight with other dds. This ship shines both in torping and gunning.

Gadjah Mada is OP...it doesn't even care T9 dds..it is THAT powerful. You mostly depend on smoke firing...fire chance is INSANE...BURN everything:Smile_izmena:torp reload is long, but you have more torps, but range is not that good...just use them when you're sure that they won't run out of range...

Hsienyang is not as good as Gadjah...the guns will seem underwhelming but they reload fast and turn fast...this is where high tier PA dd gamelay actually starts...use your superior concealment and maneuverability to fight other dds. Stay away from radar cruisers and you'll be fine. Stock torps are reasonable but upgraded ones are quite good...play it like fu shun but a bit more defencively.

Chung Mu is almost same as Hsienyang but you get 1 more gun and very fast reloading torps...you'll hit a lot of torps in this tier. This ship felt pretty solid although my performance was not as good in this one as the one before...only thing I found lacking was the 10.5 km range of torps...its just not enough.

Yueyang is definitely the best of the bunch and I liked it so much that I bought a perma camo for it...It is my first t10 dd also. It is gearing with 13.5 km *DEEP* shiit(with guarantee of hitting unexpected things!:Smile_teethhappy:)...with all customization, torp reload comes down to reasonable 104 sec. Guns are same as gearing and pack quite a punch. I almost exclusively use Radar on it as I prioritize on killing dds. It sits waaay lower in the water compared to Gearing and is a lot harder to hit...

Hope it helps...:Smile_honoring:

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

PA DD's main weakness is that they can't clear out caps without assistance. See if you can control caps first, if you see your team behind you, go try to spot it, if not, go to damage dealing role with your superior torpedo armament. And from T6+, your superior gunpower + smoke combo too. They don't really play any different from USN line, apart from the disability to torp DDs.

411 posts
6,146 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

can't clear out caps without assistance

Not really, depends entirely on what dd I am facing, where is the nearest island and what is the positioning of nearby enemy cruisers or some cases, BBs

1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

apart from the disability to torp DDs

And the ability to torp everything else with unmatched reliability... :Smile_trollface:  And don't forget the bonus, " If they didn't hit the first target, just relax and wait, there is someone else behind..." scenarios :cap_haloween:

Edited by _TAMAL_

[ATLAS]
12 posts
11,084 battles

from t7 - t10 you play it like usual usn dd with much much more forgiving smoke cooldown, honestly just spam that smoke.

1,000 posts
7,415 battles
6 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

PA DD's main weakness is that they can't clear out caps without assistance

Can’t?

That’s a strange statement from a good and experienced player like yourself.

Imagine you are in the Gadha Madja (or whatever the spelling) in a T7 game and you face a cap held by a Nicholas or Mutsuki. I dare say you won’t have much trouble taking that cap, just avoid the torps.

Pan Asian’s cannot use their torps against other DD’s and you don’t have hydro or radar, fair enough… Ah, hang on, Lo Yang has hydro and it’s actually a *fantastic* ship for clearing out caps! That’s a premium, though.

154 posts
345 battles
2 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Can’t?

Imagine you are in the Gadha Madja (or whatever the spelling) in a T7 game and you face a cap held by a Nicholas or Mutsuki. I dare say you won’t have much trouble taking that cap, just avoid the torps.

Pan Asian’s cannot use their torps against other DD’s and you don’t have hydro or radar, fair enough… Ah, hang on, Lo Yang has hydro and it’s actually a *fantastic* ship for clearing out caps! That’s a premium, though.

you spell it as "GAJAH MADA" 

also compared to rest Pan Asia DD (except T9), Gadjah Mada is too stronk. the other pan asia DD is..... well they do need help, especially phra ruang.

so i skip the entire line to get GadjahMada :V

340 posts
7,049 battles
6 hours ago, 0utsider said:

from t7 - t10 you play it like usual usn dd with much much more forgiving smoke cooldown, honestly just spam that smoke.

Agreed, very very similar to USN line in game play. Torps are better at hitting BB but at the cost of being useless in cap. So as mentioned you have to be careful in cap and be ready to bail out. Concealment is slightly better than USN line as which is handy in cap area.

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles
12 hours ago, _TAMAL_ said:

Not really, depends entirely on what dd I am facing, where is the nearest island and what is the positioning of nearby enemy cruisers or some cases, BBs

Did you just elaborate what I said? If you had to say "it depends on the whole world of gameplay aspects" to counter what I said, that means I was correct in general sense.

When comparing ships, consider both you and enemy are same skilled. Without support, pa DDs should never win other gunboats played by other players same skilled as the PA. But in actual gameplay, where team involved, many things can happen. But one thing that will never happen is you push out enemy DDs by spamming torps. Unless you run RADAR.

Because unless VMF, you will be spotted as well if you try to spot enemy DDs. And this is SEA, every one shoot DDs.

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles
7 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

I can't believe I am reading this...

Someone came with a logic based on how a t7 gunboat takes on a t5 torpedoboat in cap...

:Facepalm_Intensifies:

114 posts
3,889 battles
8 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Can’t?

Try spending more time on the line, especially in higher tiers where there are more DDs with gimmicks, instead of spending free xp to skip each ship after less than 10 battles, lets see how your opinion changes after that :) 

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles
On 3/16/2018 at 6:25 PM, Harpoon01 said:

someone [content removed] enough to get hit

like really, how could you get hit? the torpedoes that have already detected by someone at the front

Welp, this happens, don't ask me how...
How else do you think people get hit by 20km shimakaze torps. :cap_haloween:

411 posts
6,146 battles
On 3/16/2018 at 6:25 PM, Harpoon01 said:

someone [content removed] enough to get hit

like really, how could you get hit? the torpedoes that have already detected by someone at the front

On 3/16/2018 at 7:41 PM, icy_phoenix said:

Welp, this happens, don't ask me how...
How else do you think people get hit by 20km shimakaze torps. :cap_haloween:

Happens because,

1) There are enough [content removed] players in the server :Smile_teethhappy:

2) Unlike other torps where the entire spread(or multiple spreads) get spotted, in case of *DEEP* shiit, only the ones near the target get spotted. Which means, unless the target eats most of  the torps, rest of the ones that went by him remain unspotted and "work as intended" :cap_haloween:

3) Mix point 1 and 2...:Smile_trollface: 

Violation general insult. Post edited

~Beaufighter

273 posts
23,560 battles

You don't need to play Pan Asian dds. They play themselves. If you've grinded to chung mu, use your detection range and radar to spot enemy dds, either your team mates will shoot at them or they don't deserve any team oriented gameplay from you. 

Aside from that stay alive and launch torps at the general direction of the red icons on the minimap. Keep doing it. Aim if you feel like it, but thats optional xD. Enjoy 100K damage per game (in Yue Yang).

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Thank you very much for the insight ... seem I had to hang on till getting T6 and beyond.

1,000 posts
7,415 battles
20 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I can't believe I am reading this...

Someone came with a logic based on how a t7 gunboat takes on a t5 torpedoboat in cap...

:Facepalm_Intensifies:

There seems to be a pattern, anyone who dares to contradict you faces public ridicule.

You may not see yourself as a bully, but you act the part. 

I wish you wouldn't be such a diva and so touchy when someone disagrees because most of the things you say about the game are very good. Well, I couldn't believe when you said "PA DD's cannot cap." I replied, under certain circumstances, they certainly can. Unfortunately, you twisted one statement from my post to create something you can use to insult me... instead of simply admitting you posted nonsense.

1,000 posts
7,415 battles
20 hours ago, Exiaa said:

Try spending more time on the line, especially in higher tiers where there are more DDs with gimmicks, instead of spending free xp to skip each ship after less than 10 battles, lets see how your opinion changes after that :) 

Well, so many ships, so little time. And yes, I do use free XP and stacked flags to work my way up the trees quickly. And because I have so many ships, I don't play a single ship that often. I don't think that means everything I say is automatically wrong.

You seem a good player, I wonder why you would have a problem when I disagree with a statement "PA DD's can't cap".

A "daddy knows best" type of statement like yours, how does that help? Try to use the forum in a positive way, rather than put me down like that.

1,000 posts
7,415 battles
On 3/16/2018 at 3:50 PM, Rwasknum said:

you spell it as "GAJAH MADA"

Thanks for that, I was too lazy to look it up.

On 3/16/2018 at 3:50 PM, Rwasknum said:

also compared to rest Pan Asia DD (except T9), Gadjah Mada is too stronk. the other pan asia DD is..... well they do need help, especially phra ruang.

I would agree with that.

1,000 posts
7,415 battles
21 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Did you just elaborate what I said? If you had to say "it depends on the whole world of gameplay aspects" to counter what I said, that means I was correct in general sense.

You are ALWAYS right, not only in a general sense.

You just go about it with this diva attitude.

Try to say it again, without the chip on your shoulder.

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles
17 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

"PA DD's cannot cap." 

I dare you quote me where I said that. You either quote it or make sure you never reply to me ever again. [content removed]

QUOTE ME WHERE I SAID "PA DD CANNOT CAP".

I [content removed] ? I said PA DDs cannot clear out caps without assistance. [content removed] . And I subsequently clarified that, which everyone agreed upon, that in a 1v1 DD matchup, they are inferior with slight disadvantage.

I bent your words? Heck, you can't even read what I wrote and say something entirely different and accuse me of bending words...

[content removed] ?

[content removed]

Hear my words, stop spending time making unnecessary posts, go play the game and enjoy it the way you want. Sometimes I feel like I should just go and talk to a tree instead.

Violation racism, insults, etc. Post edited, user warned.

~Beaufighter

411 posts
6,146 battles
3 hours ago, Pervis117 said:

Dang, that dude made Icy lose his temper. Wasn't even aware that was possible xD.

That "dude" is quoting people all over the place and bashing them for using particular words and phrases just because he doesn't understand sarcasm too well...:Smile-_tongue: