Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
30cmtruedamage

Migrating to yugomo

12 comments in this topic

165 posts
3,644 battles

Have 14 skill point captain . Currently in Kagero . Will have to spend doubloons to reach 16 point captain . Idk if 14 skill point is enough for yugomo . Also how is yugomo compared to kagero ?

Thank you

85 posts

Good ship , has better guns, torps, HP than Kagero. Concealment can get down to 5.5km.  14 pts is fine I'd run Prevention, Last stand, Torpedeo Reload, Concealment and RDF

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,258 battles
16 minutes ago, ROFLSaurusRex said:

Idk if 14 skill point is enough for yugomo .

Mate, 10 point captains are good enough for pretty much every ship in the game. You really don't need to worry about having a minimum number of skill points.

1,105 posts
Just now, Webba84 said:

Mate, 10 point captains are good enough for pretty much every ship in the game. You really don't need to worry about having a minimum number of skill points.

14 point for T7+ DD

14 point for CV T8+

the rest are fine...... i am running Martel in ranked with training still on.... in mean it equal to have 0 skill. still doing the job.

also CE and RDF is muss for IJN DD.....  

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

you will play exactly the same ship anyway (Her health pool goes up by the slimmest of amounts (400 hit points), Her speed improves slightly (0.5 knots), Even Yūgumo’s detection radius is worse than Kagero’s (0.1 km)), so not much different

the only different is you can go gunnery build

still 50% slower than flether, but at least now as fast as stock Grozovoi

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles
3 hours ago, Webba84 said:

Not in case of Akizuki and Harekaze,  they need at least 14 skill point to work normally, and high tier IJN DD need at least 13 skill since you will need both of Torpedo Armament Expertise and Survivability Expert, it hard to to play with out those skill, after that :cap_tea:

Back to topic i think 14 skill point on Yuugumo will work fine. In my Yuugumo i take PM-LS-TAE-SE-CE and after that you can take what ever you want:Smile_bajan2:

Compared to Kagerou, i feel Yuugumo is much better, better torpedo range, and it gun actually usable. Probably one of best DD in  line. Even compared with Shima, Yuugumo still very good.

Edited by K135Blitzkrieg

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,258 battles

Akizuki and Harekaze are exceptions due to their gun calibre while TAE is nice to have but hardly essential, and it's not going to make up for a lack of player skill.

Fact is that CE is the really essential skill for destroyers (as well as LS, but that's easy to get). Basic build of PM-LS-SE/SI-CE works for pretty much every destroyer (excepting some Russian and Japanese) and makes sure you'll be plenty competitive.

Obviously having AR, TAE, SI, RDF etc are very nice, but you don't need them to do well in the same way you need CE, not in randoms anyway.

Edited by Webba84

[ATLAS]
12 posts
11,157 battles

you are easier to spot, get use getting shot at. hell, even shimakaze have same conceal as gearing.

[ATLAS]
12 posts
11,157 battles

nah, your team will always cry for you to spot enemy dd (gunbote) , go cap (when there is z52 and gearing inside it) , etc. :cap_tea:  thats the hardest part with ijn dd line.

i think this is a common knowledge but always reverse cap in an ijn dd unless you 100% sure that cap is safe. :cap_look:

Edited by 0utsider

165 posts
3,644 battles
5 minutes ago, 0utsider said:

nah, your team will always cry for you to spot enemy dd (gunbote) , go cap (when there is z52 and gearing inside it) , etc. :cap_tea:  thats the hardest part with ijn dd line.

No my friend . I am personally never interested to spot I only aim at capitalizing the spotting done by allied DD or CL xDDD

5 minutes ago, 0utsider said:

i think this is a common knowledge but always reverse cap in an ijn dd unless you 100% sure that cap is safe. :cap_look:

Radio Location Master Race

Sign in to follow this