Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Webba84

Get RTS player feedback for CV rework

5 comments in this topic

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,238 battles

Like it says in the title, please get a lot of advice and feedback from people who know RTS games and mechanics when you do this rework. CV game-play is essentially RTS, so please do everything you can to make it a good RTS experience that is fun for the players and can compliment the rest of the team in a balanced way, even if that means putting aside a bit of developer pride.

Edited by Webba84

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

This suggestion disregards Planes statistic and Number

Delete strafing mechanics (the only way to nerf Saipan Stupid strafing is by remove the whole mechanic of strafing)

Make CV only able to deploy one of each squadron type 

After bombing run the next squadron is allowed to fly while the returning bomber will go home straight to Mothership and therefore cant be controled

The launch can be postponed to maintain control of the returning bomber so CV wont be detected when the enemy squadron follows the returning bomber

This will prevent CV to sacrifice his bomber to permanently spot the unfortunate DD at the beginning of the game

Limiting to one squadron per type also prevent the unavoidable death of ship despite the effort of evading

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,238 battles
2 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

This suggestion disregards Planes statistic and Number

I'm not making any suggestions about specific changes, I'm asking the developers that since they are not expert RTS (real time strategy) designers themselves, and probably not enthusiastic players either, to get good advice and testing from people who actually understand that type of game. Based on current evidence, If they rely only on their own ideas and knowledge I can't see any way they can do a CV rework that actually improves anything.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
1 hour ago, Webba84 said:

I'm not making any suggestions about specific changes, I'm asking the developers that since they are not expert RTS (real time strategy) designers themselves, and probably not enthusiastic players either, to get good advice and testing from people who actually understand that type of game. Based on current evidence, If they rely only on their own ideas and knowledge I can't see any way they can do a CV rework that actually improves anything.

i also agree with that

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles
On 3/13/2018 at 12:26 PM, Harpoon01 said:

Make CV only able to deploy one of each squadron type 

I'd prefer dynamic squadrons instead, in my opinion.

Instead of being restricted to a "loadout", you can "purchase" planes of each type in port, like shells in World of Tanks.

The squad cap remains; if your CV can only launch 5 squads at a time, then your loadout is only limited to this number, regardless of your configuration.

For every plane lost, you will use up the corresponding planes in your reserve/hangar.

For every squadron slot you will have the ability to switch squadron types in real-time while the planes are on the CV. We can do something like.. a simple right-click to the squad slot to bring up a menu of icons containing the squad types and the number of each planes available, and just left-click on it to switch.

You can switch them regardless of whether or not they're rearming so long as the squad you want to switch out is on the CV; rearming time and switch time are separate, so you can rearm planes launched while switching to a new squad.

And to make the CV player even more unpredictable, switch time can be as long as rearm time.

Edited by seiji09

Sign in to follow this