You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
User_1145141919810

Frequent AFK players should be labelled as TK players

17 comments in this topic

83 posts
3,463 battles

If its someone who is AFK for entire games then sure.
But ever since the 7.0 update I occasionally get stuck with massive load times when entering a match that can see me only appearing in game around 3~minutes into the match.
Has stopped me touching my CV's as 3+ minutes without planes i nthe air can get people really riled up

1,001 posts
7,422 battles
8 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

I'm fed up with AFK.

It may actually not always be AFK, there may be the Internet or other technical issues. Or it may be a real-world emergency like a player decided to get a drink, while in the queue, or the phone rang, or the cat wanted food. In these cases, a ship may look AFK for a few minutes.

I report a player as AFK at the end of the game when I’m sure he really was AFK. Generally, I encourage other players in chat to do the same.

However, WG seems not to do anything about AFK players. I have never heard of someone getting banned or warned for being AFK.

When I ground up the French BB tree recently, I saw AFK ships in about every 2nd battle, that’s T2 or T3 battles. In higher tier games, say T5 and up, you see one AFK maybe in 50 battles, it just is not a pressing issue.

WG would have to come up with something to warn, ban or otherwise sort AFK players out. Which currently they don’t.

Marking AFK players as team killer, I don’t think that will change anything. I personally don’t care that my ship turns pink for a while. Generally, TK’s are results of accidents or carelessness.

People who TK on purpose, well, you can start a support ticket for “rule violation” against that player and they are likely to be warned, banned if repeat offenders. The issue is that WG asks for evidence, generally, you need a reply.

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,096 battles
53 分鐘前,PeterMoe1963 說:

It may actually not always be AFK, there may be the Internet or other technical issues. Or it may be a real-world emergency like a player decided to get a drink, while in the queue, or the phone rang, or the cat wanted food. In these cases, a ship may look AFK for a few minutes.

I report a player as AFK at the end of the game when I’m sure he really was AFK. Generally, I encourage other players in chat to do the same.

However, WG seems not to do anything about AFK players. I have never heard of someone getting banned or warned for being AFK.

When I ground up the French BB tree recently, I saw AFK ships in about every 2nd battle, that’s T2 or T3 battles. In higher tier games, say T5 and up, you see one AFK maybe in 50 battles, it just is not a pressing issue.

WG would have to come up with something to warn, ban or otherwise sort AFK players out. Which currently they don’t.

Marking AFK players as team killer, I don’t think that will change anything. I personally don’t care that my ship turns pink for a while. Generally, TK’s are results of accidents or carelessness.

People who TK on purpose, well, you can start a support ticket for “rule violation” against that player and they are likely to be warned, banned if repeat offenders. The issue is that WG asks for evidence, generally, you need a reply.

I've sent 10+ report ticket with replay about AFK in 1 day...........

1,001 posts
7,422 battles
24 minutes ago, User_1145141919810 said:

I've sent 10+ report ticket with replay about AFK in 1 day

I don’t think I have ever seen 10 AFKs in a day, not even in a week.

What tier do you usually play?

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Away From Keyboard IS NOT Team Killer. Obviously, you can't do that.

Though I had to agree with the concern, I have battle loading issue (including frequent kicking when entering or found battle) & crashing whenever I already had 9 battles since Update 7.0. But now in Update 7.2, the battle loading issue & crashing become occasional when I only had 4 or 5 battles so I had to restart my game client just for that.

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,096 battles
2 小時前,PeterMoe1963 說:

I don’t think I have ever seen 10 AFKs in a day, not even in a week.

What tier do you usually play?

4,5,8,9,all have AFK

Edited by User_1145141919810

1,001 posts
7,422 battles
47 minutes ago, User_1145141919810 said:

4,5,8,9,all have AFK

Haha, sure, but in my experience nowhere near 10 in one day as a typical number.

164 posts
5,427 battles

Saw quite a few recently, they started slower but they did. Better than never.

Unless it's the team CV, it doesn't matter much to me.

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,096 battles
30 分鐘前,PeterMoe1963 說:

Haha, sure, but in my experience nowhere near 10 in one day as a typical number.

I have to say,maybe luck matters.....All those I met is not only move late,but remain 0 exp in the end......

Edited by User_1145141919810

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

If I had the power, I would lock down players with TK and AFK penlaties to co-op till the complete the required co-op games.

For example if you TK and get a penalty status for 7 games, you can only complete those 7 games in co-op.

Anyone who is familiar with Dota's low priority system for deliberate AFK penalties. Sure some will come up with an idea that "What if this was accidental", but accidentals are rare case, and there could be an accumulation system.

[COAT]
1,182 posts
10,096 battles
1 小時前,BanditSE1977 說:

Well,WG DO acknowledge that AFK is a problem:

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/13878-we-acknowledge-afkidling-cleaning/

DOING something about it is another thing entirely!

This post was posted long,long ago........

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles
1 hour ago, BanditSE1977 said:

Well,WG DO acknowledge that AFK is a problem:

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/13878-we-acknowledge-afkidling-cleaning/

DOING something about it is another thing entirely!

They haven't acknowledged anything for nearly two years in that thread.   That was nothing more than an effort to placate the player base and fell by the wayside like WG has always done with the problem of AFK/cheating.  The apathy is real.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

1,001 posts
7,422 battles
18 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

If I had the power, I would lock down players with TK and AFK penlaties to co-op till the complete the required co-op games.

Maybe a solution that looks attractive to you, but it would look less attractive to players that do mainly co-op.